News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

In my opinion you are completely missing the point. The issue being taken with Jeff is that he expressed his views on the Andrews' government's Covid response knowing/expecting it would cost the club financially but he went on his ego trip anyway. Whether or not Jeff's views had any impact on funding provided by the state government is beside the point, or at least is another issue. The fact remains Jeff put himself above the club, which is what I, and plenty of others on here, find unacceptable.

Really? How did you form that position?

Because he said so.

I don't think he did.

He believes the club was penalised for what he said, but nowhere does he say that he did so knowing the club would be penalised.
Or have I missed it somewhere else?
Link??

I don't think he did.

He believes the club was penalised for what he said, but nowhere does he say that he did so knowing the club would be penalised.
Link??
Do you think he had no idea that attacking the government would decrease the chances of hawthorn receiving funding?

I don't think he did.

Link??

Surprised this post still remains considering it doesn't suit certain individuals bullsh!t agenda.

While I do personally agree that he should have kept his mouth shut, people are certainly twisting the situation and assuming his motives.

I totally agree with every single word that he said (but still wish he kept quiet) and perhaps he thought that despite his comments the government wouldn't throw their toys out the cot and act like petulant little children, playing tit-for-tat and punishing the many for the actions of an individual.

This whole situation says more about Andrew's (whom I'm a big supporter of) than it does about Kennett in my opinion.

I also can't fathom how in the actual f@#k people are still ranting on and on about it, it's happened and we need to just suck it up and move on.

Surely there's something else people can talk about?

I don't think he did.

Link??

It's hard to find links because all the hits relate to the recent comments, but that wasn't the first time he'd made such an assertion (not sure it was widely covered?).

It was being discussed in this thread back in mid November. I posted Nov 18 that "he believes it himself" that his comments had cost grant money, so he'd clearly said something along those lines around that stage. He continued to make said comments after that point.

I don't think he did.

Link??
He'd have to be stupid or naive to think criticising the people you are asking for money would not risk that money coming. And I don't think anyone is arguing he is either stupid or naive. So, knowing there was a risk to the club in shooting his mouth off he decided to do so anyway. I don't know if the risk eventuated but the fact he was prepared to put the his opinion ahead of the club's interests reflects poorly on him.

Surprised this post still remains considering it doesn't suit certain individuals bullsh!t agenda.

While I do personally agree that he should have kept his mouth shut, people are certainly twisting the situation and assuming his motives.

I totally agree with every single word that he said (but still wish he kept quiet) and perhaps he thought that despite his comments the government wouldn't throw their toys out the cot and act like petulant little children, playing tit-for-tat and punishing the many for the actions of an individual.

This whole situation says more about Andrew's (whom I'm a big supporter of) than it does about Kennett in my opinion.

I also can't fathom how in the actual f@#k people are still ranting on and on about it, it's happened and we need to just suck it up and move on.

Surely there's something else people can talk about?
For what it's worth, I don't think what Jeff thinks about Andrews says anything at all about Andrews. Andrews should be judged on his own words and actions.

Nothing you said disagrees with what I said.
He had no intention of staying President for 2 terms when he took over from Garvey
He mentioned this in his email when he first returned

That situation has been thrust in front of him by the pandemic

Due to the pandemic I’m certainty not expecting updates regarding a succession plan anytime soon

For what it's worth, I don't think what Jeff thinks about Andrews says anything at all about Andrews. Andrews should be judged on his own words and actions.

Unless of course his actions (shafting HFC in relation to funding) are some form of punishment for Kennett's comments.

That just makes him look like a bratty little sook and I honestly thought he was better than that.

Now should Kennett pull his head in? Abso-f@#king-lutely but what's done is done and he can't be held totally responsible for Andrews acting like a vindictive little muppet.

Both these blokes need to suck it up, brake some bread and move on for the sake of everyone 😁

He had no intention of staying President for 2 terms when he took over from Garvey
He mentioned this in his email when he first returned

That situation has been thrust in front of him by the pandemic

Due to the pandemic I’m certainty not expecting updates regarding a succession plan anytime soon
You should reread what I said.

Also, all these people that are b!tching and whinging about wanting Kennett out, who replaces him moving forward?

Just curious to know 😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless of course his actions (shafting HFC in relation to funding) are some form of punishment for Kennett's comments.

That just makes him look like a bratty little sook and I honestly thought he was better than that.

Now should Kennett pull his head in? Abso-f@#king-lutely but what's done is done and he can't be held totally responsible for Andrews acting like a vindictive little muppet.

Both these blokes need to suck it up, brake some bread and move on for the sake of everyone 😁
Kennett made us politically impossible for them to give us money. He had that part of the equation within his control and he acted in direct opposition to the club’s interests. That is what people are concerned by.

Kennett made us politically impossible for them to give us money. He had that part of the equation within his control and he acted in direct opposition to the club’s interests. That is what people are concerned by.

Listen, I can definitely see both sides to the story here and both these guys have acted like children.

I watched the Kennett interview (and agreed with everything he said) and not once did he mention the HFC although given he's our president, he does still represent us regardless of whether he intends to or not.

This is coming from someone that totally despised him when he was in politics and was dirty when he initially became our president, but was totally won over by what he's done to benefit and better our club.

I can definitely see why Andrews has got his back up over the comments, however given they were all infact correct and being repeated by pretty much everyone throughout the media, he needed to man up and own it a little more - once again I'm a mad Andrews supporter, so it's nothing personal against him either.

For him to then turn around and sling money around to all those other clubs (many of which have had repeated and monumental handouts) and give us nothing (when we've been one of, if not the most self-sufficient clubs in the league) is a bloody disgrace and he should be ashamed of himself.

Once again both these boys need to figure a way out to get over it, because the longer it goes on, the worse they both look.

Even us everyday common folks here are getting so worked up over it.

This is not worth fighting each other over and makes us look just as childish as them.

Can't we all just get the f@#k along?

Listen, I can definitely see both sides to the story here and both these guys have acted like children.

I watched the Kennett interview (and agreed with everything he said) and not once did he mention the HFC although given he's our president, he does still represent us regardless of whether he intends to or not.

This is coming from someone that totally despised him when he was in politics and was dirty when he initially became our president, but was totally won over by what he's done to benefit and better our club.

I can definitely see why Andrews has got his back up over the comments, however given they were all infact correct and being repeated by pretty much everyone throughout the media, he needed to man up and own it a little more - once again I'm a mad Andrews supporter, so it's nothing personal against him either.

For him to then turn around and sling money around to all those other clubs (many of which have had repeated and monumental handouts) and give us nothing (when we've been one of, if not the most self-sufficient clubs in the league) is a bloody disgrace and he should be ashamed of himself.

Once again both these boys need to figure a way out to get over it, because the longer it goes on, the worse they both look.

Even us everyday common folks here are getting so worked up over it.

This is not worth fighting each other over and makes us look just as childish as them.

Can't we all just get the f@#k along?
About the fairest assessment so far

Also, all these people that are b!tching and whinging about wanting Kennett out, who replaces him moving forward?

Just curious to know 😎

You complain about the constant discussion of Kennett etc, and then ask questions and raise matters that have already been heavily discussed here. It seems you are keen to tell everyone what you think about it - often at length! - and then demand everyone else stop "whinging" about it.

People will stop talking about it when they are ready to.

You complain about the constant discussion of Kennett etc, and then ask questions and raise matters that have already been heavily discussed here. It seems you are keen to tell everyone what you think about it - often at length! - and then demand everyone else stop "whinging" about it.

People will stop talking about it when they are ready to.

I've just taken a look through your posting history and first thing that came to mind was pot, kettle, black.

I'll keep it short and sweet for you 😁

How's that Kool-Aid taste?

Question:

Has anyone in their capacity of member written to the club identifying this apparent governance failure and asked how they intend to address it, both initially and strategically?

And if so, what did they say?

Why do you care so much if people talk about this? It's not like there is actual detailed Dingley news to discuss...

I just can't fathom why people on both sides are getting so worked up over it that they're having pot shots at each other.

If you feel that strongly about it why don't you man up and let Jeff know about it personally?

Hope that response was short enough for you.

I just can't fathom why people on both sides are getting so worked up over it that they're having pot shots at each other.

If you feel that strongly about it why don't you man up and let Jeff know about it personally?

Hope that response was short enough for you.

TBH I think this discussion is pretty mild/reasonable by BigFooty standards.

I am not anti-Kennett, nor do I want him frog-marched out the door. I don't feel strongly about it, I just think he should be more circumspect with his political commentary while representing the club, as he has chosen to do. And I don't need to tell him that, it's not an original or controversial view and people tell him that directly on Twitter every day.

TBH I think this discussion is pretty mild/reasonable by BigFooty standards.

I am not anti-Kennett, nor do I want him frog-marched out the door. I don't feel strongly about it, I just think he should be more circumspect with his political commentary while representing the club, as he has chosen to do. And I don't need to tell him that, it's not an original or controversial view and people tell him that directly on Twitter every day.

So you'd much rather continually whinge about it anonymously online?

Yay you 👏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back