Opinion Your most treasured North possession

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m not sure I would call this a ‘treasured’ possession but it is a very old possession! 😄
I have the same one! My dad's brother thrust it into my arms when I was born and I've been North ever since, much to the chagrin of my Dees supporting maternal grandfather. Dodged a bullet there.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sent a scathing letter, in 1996. It was regarding the proposed merger, with Fitzroy.

5 days later, I received a very detailed response, from Greg Miller.

I got torn a new one. It was fair game, back then. I got smart, then got slammed.

The rest is history.

Ironic as Greg Miller was the person who allegedly ****ed up the merger with the way he responded to Fitzroy board members.

pooley

All Australian
Sep 26, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coburg Districts FC
My dad bought these in 1975. He died in 1991. My brother (Carlton supporter) gave these to me last week. Will now sit along side other memorabilia.
20201130_161452.jpeg

On SM-J530Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not my best piece but my most interesting imo is a picture of Mick Martyn and his old man Skinny signed by both.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I've got one of those also, I think (see below).
Yeah well my Ex has mine. I know it as she's blackmailing me for it back!!

(not sure worth much but if a $ in it she'd want it)
I'm pretty sure that my Mickey and Skinny photo didn't make it out of the former marital home upon my departure :(

This is definitely one of my most treasured. It takes pride of place in the obscure, off the laundry dunny aka "Dad's Retreat".
20181110_082938.jpg

Bowski

Club Legend
May 14, 2007
Shenanigan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtic

I'm pretty sure that my Mickey and Skinny photo didn't make it out of the former marital home upon my departure :(

This is definitely one of my most treasured. It takes pride of place in the obscure, off the laundry dunny aka "Dad's Retreat".
View attachment 1021105
Lovely job with the framing, I need to get around to framing a few things myself.

And thanks for reminding me, Skinny & Mick below along with another favourite.
128894690_822539631812405_6448068123559808461_n.jpg
129122099_448855499842251_8542717448232442533_n.jpg

teethmeetsflesh

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Check out this boys and girls
Original W.Abraham players jersey.

Beautiful! How anyone can think that this jumper's design is not the best that we've ever had is beyond me. We need to go back to the landscape, bouncing roo logo asap. this animated kangaroo portrait sh*t is corny af.

View attachment 1021105

It's beautiful! I've got one just like it, courtesy of TOD. :heart: You've done a nicer framing job of yours though!

He also gave me this, which I hold very dear to me, and keep closely guarded by a very ferocious mountain lion:

RooPeg.jpg

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Beautiful! How anyone can think that this jumper's design is not the best that we've ever had is beyond me. We need to go back to the landscape, bouncing roo logo asap. this animated kangaroo portrait sh*t is corny af.
Agree 100%.
On top of what you said, its iconic and represents power and domination from its era.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It's beautiful! I've got one just like it, courtesy of TOD. :heart: You've done a nicer framing job of yours though!

He also gave me this, which I hold very dear to me, and keep closely guarded by a very ferocious mountain lion:

View attachment 1021223
Yes, I also got my poster courtesy of the lovely TOD. I've also got the above tshirt, the royal blue "Keep North South" version, a Roosistence trucker cap and the legendary "Stick The Gold Coast Where The Sun Don't Shine" sticker.

It'd be fair to say that I'd had quite a few beers by the time I hit the merch table at the Roosistence gig. All in support of a most worthy cause.

PS - Nice poosay, Mrs Slocum.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS

View attachment 1021223
My cat literally walked across my keyboard and closed the tab as I was about to compliment your cat.

Cats are the biggest campaigners on this planet.

Back