2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Will McInnes, Fisher and Grey return to the Beagles side in 2021?

(If so, Perf really ought to have aligned...)
I've heard WCE have told McInnes that he HAS to come back to the beagles next season and he's obliged to due to his community and coaching role. But he doesn't want to and is looking to stay at Perth and end his employment with WCE.

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
That would be some next level shitting in his own nest by Fraser if true. Carried on the list for years, given good post-career pathways and wants to throw it all away to run around and miss finals with the D's?
I agree. But I know he is being offered more to play for Perth and has other opportunities. For what it's worth, WCE pay really bad in all areas of employment haha.

Also- i've heard their dealings haven't been completely amicable. It's more like "you owe us this".

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
That would be some next level shitting in his own nest by Fraser if true. Carried on the list for years, given good post-career pathways and wants to throw it all away to run around and miss finals with the D's?
Like they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink it.

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
All AFL clubs do, par for the course for the 'prestige' of working for the club.
i did go through a pretty vigorous process to work there, when we got to the salary discussions it got pretty hairy haha. Basically along the lines of "...yeah we don't pay much, but you get to work for us".

Can’t read the article but it sounds like West Coast are trying to get Corey Byrne from Perth in return for letting the Demons keep McInnes, Grey and Fisher.

Byrne is a 23-year-old mid who’s played 51 WAFL games, but didn’t play in 2020 due to a medical issue.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
fisher is a gun in 2019 andsad to see him go but the end of the day, he's now a legitimate WAFL talent. Brodie will be a bigger loss than Fmac for us, sorta player you need to have in a top up side with a young midfield group.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
No way was he leaving WA so I guess Fremantle weren't interested. Shame, felt like he had more to give in the AFL system.
wait don’t players sign with wafl clubs usually but have a clause that still allow them out of it they get picked up by an AFL team?

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
No way was he leaving WA so I guess Fremantle weren't interested. Shame, felt like he had more to give in the AFL system.

There's not much Freo and Jetta offer each other in 2021. Jetts would want to be contending, as otherwise it's a bit of Jetta what's the point?

Freo can't offer him a likely top 4 finish. And Jetta doesn't have youth on his side to offer Freo several years of service to make a GF push. He might lift them into finals but then they'd be replacing him to try and sustain finals runs. In that sense he stifles development in the back line.

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Eagles WAFL have completed a player swap that will see Andrew Fischer remain with the Demons in return for Perth players Ethan Hansen and Lennon Marlin joining the Eagles WAFL team .
Also joining the WAFL Eagles will be recent reserve players Lachlan Feeney (SF) and Cooper Nitschke ( Claremont) who signed with the Eagles this week .
Eagles have not received formal approval to return to the WAFL ( but arranging players anyway because we're arrogant and could win the WAFL in 2021 ) but the club and the WAFL expect arrangements to be confirmed .

Eagles WAFL have completed a player swap that will see Andrew Fischer remain with the Demons in return for Perth players Ethan Hansen and Lennon Marlin joining the Eagles WAFL team .
Also joining the WAFL Eagles will be recent reserve players Lachlan Feeney (SF) and Cooper Nitschke ( Claremont) who signed with the Eagles this week .
Eagles have not received formal approval to return to the WAFL ( but arranging players anyway because we're arrogant and could win the WAFL in 2021 ) but the club and the WAFL expect arrangements to be confirmed .
Article in The West this morning also says McInnes is expected to be cleared by the start of Perth’s pre-season training on Saturday. Doesn’t mention Brady Grey though.

Tim Gossage
@TimGossage

Take it to the bank
@WestCoastEagles
WAFL will announce a new captain for next season who has played AFL. Great appointment and a huge boost to the morale of the playing group.

Wonder if its Brayshaw ( If he is allowed to keep playing there? ) or maybe Petrie?

Does sound like Brayshaw, very popular team man and has played AFL (albeit just one game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back