Coaching and off-field staff thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This aged incredibly well - it is almost like you can't immediately replace a guy and should probably not react so quickly so emotionally.
Jesus, its as if I knew they were adding an extra body to the coaches box. :rolleyes:

Clearly you did smart guy despite no news coming out of the club in recent days.

I guess no one should post anything in the event you are wrong.

You know everything don't you TBD given how in the know you are?:rolleyes:

I didn’t claim to know a thing. I waited and gave a professionally run football club the benefit of the doubt considering Noble still had his feet under the desk 10 days ago.

You are the one who went off like a frog in a sock in the absence of knowledge.

I didn’t claim to know a thing. I waited and gave a professionally run football club the benefit of the doubt considering Noble still had his feet under the desk 10 days ago.

You are the one who went off like a frog in a sock in the absence of knowledge.
Enlighten me then what the requisite time is to wait until I should comment on such issues?

You obviously seem to know.

Enlighten me then what the requisite time is to wait until I should comment on such issues?

It’s less a case of time and more a case of tempering commentary with a healthy dose of perspective and proportionality.

Jesus, its as if I knew they were adding an extra body to the coaches box. :rolleyes:

Clearly you did smart guy despite no news coming out of the club in recent days.

I guess no one should post anything in the event you are wrong.

You can post whatever you want. But know that you can look foolish if you go off half cocked.

Occam's razor here is Noble left on 20/11 and we needed a process to replace him. That ended this week and ended with Daly needing to be replaced and that would also happen in due course.

You assumed that he wouldn't be replaced...why?

I wonder if Lachie Neale had a word in Fagan’s ear and recommended Stone?
Might have rated his work in his most recent gig at Freo?

It is amazing how quickly and proficiently we have dealt with replacing Noble. In the space of no time at all we have moved Daly into Noble's role and brought Stone in to replace Daly. This is the sign of a Club that is in control of the agenda and well prepared for contingencies. No doubt having Fages as our coach has been an attraction for someone like Stone as well...not only a destination club for players but also for coaches. We get a premiership under Fages in the next year or two and Stone is set up for a Senior Coach gig.

It is amazing how quickly and proficiently we have dealt with replacing Noble. In the space of no time at all we have moved Daly into Noble's role and brought Stone in to replace Daly. This is the sign of a Club that is in control of the agenda and well prepared for contingencies. No doubt having Fages as our coach has been an attraction for someone like Stone as well...not only a destination club for players but also for coaches. We get a premiership under Fages in the next year or two and Stone is set up for a Senior Coach gig.

I'm sure that the club was kept in the loop from a very early stage & had started working on contingencies long before the announcement was made. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Noble had some input into the appointments too.

I'm sure that the club was kept in the loop from a very early stage & had started working on contingencies long before the announcement was made. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Noble had some input into the appointments too.

I thought about the Noble Glenelg connection too when I read it.

The 53-year-old said he had been busy planning for Glenelg’s 2021 season when he got the call out of the blue from Senior coach Chris Fagan.

The thing that hit me - Fages rings him, and he is in. Fages is in charge of the ship, and we get the best. Gotta be impressed. Awesome addition to the coaching panel, too.

Has David Noble's departure left us stronger? One constant in any sport is you must evolve, continually.

Welcome aboard Mark Stone, great addition to the club very experienced and knowledgeable man, excited to see what happens next year and beyond.
Very happy how the club has handled the changes and transition of staff, gives great confidence in that they have a clear vision of what to achieve moving forward. Bring on 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the stability of our coaching group since Fages arrived, I think that after 4 years it is perfect timing for some new blood in the group - someone, who Fages himself has reached out to and embraced. Great pick up.

I like how Mark Stone felt so excited about Fagan calling him and wanting him he had no hesitation in moving to Brisbane even though he is a SANFL coach. Wouldn't have been any easy decision. I always feel anyone who has coached at a decent level is a good appointment. They understand the pressure. Being head coach is a lot different to say being in charge of the back line. You have six players to watch. When you're in charge of 22 players you naturally have to think differently.

I saw this this morning that there is an advertisement on Seek for the Brisbane lions looking for a performance coach. Is this a new position created? We already have a high performance coach or manager - who is Damien Austin.

Attachments

• D0BEAC06-0D47-4F35-8A7A-AF7172ECD631.png
    D0BEAC06-0D47-4F35-8A7A-AF7172ECD631.png
    329.9 KB · Views: 114
I saw this this morning that there is an advertisement on Seek for the Brisbane lions looking for a performance coach. Is this a new position created? We already have a high performance coach or manager - who is Damien Austin.

I assume replacing one of the people in Austin's team. Brynley Abad left to re-join the Firebirds earlier in the year so possibly him

I can't help but make a joke about perhaps helping players work on playing up contact for free kicks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back