Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the president of Barca stepping down makes it more likely that Messi stays at Barca, although his contract is running out fast.
Absolutely. If he stayed its almost certain Messi would have left. I'd say any of the non Bartomeu candidates winning will mean Messi will stay.

Absolutely. If he stayed its almost certain Messi would have left. I'd say any of the non Bartomeu candidates winning will mean Messi will stay.

Pretty obvious that Messi was playing to get rid of Bartomeu all along. Would be a surprise if members voted for a Bartomeu candidate to replace him, he's pretty much a crook.

If we're not in for Alaba then I just dont know what is going on haha.
Well, what would be going on would be that Liverpool aren’t in for Alaba.

Hope that clears it up Jodwardson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wants huge wages

28, one of the best defenders in the world, versatile. Can't blame him really. Won't be able to demand the big wages if he accepts a move in January for 15m pound or so. Maybe he is waiting to leave on a freebie and pocket a big signing on fee.

Not just France.

All EU based clubs.

This was always going to have a big knock on effect. Especially now that Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch academies have a 2 year window to pick up players ahead of English clubs.

Unlikely an 18 year old will qualify for a work permit either.

Not just France.

All EU based clubs.

This was always going to have a big knock on effect. Especially now that Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch academies have a 2 year window to pick up players ahead of English clubs.

Unlikely an 18 year old will qualify for a work permit either.

Apparently this is why United have gone so hard at youth over the last 18 months.

Apparently this is why United have gone so hard at youth over the last 18 months.

Not only that.

The English tax on quality young UK players has probably doubled.

The days of signing Cristiano Ronaldo, Martial types etc are over.

Even former players like Patrick Viera wouldn't have received a work permit under this system.

He wasn't a French international at the time he moved to Arsenal.

Last edited:
28, one of the best defenders in the world, versatile. Can't blame him really. Won't be able to demand the big wages if he accepts a move in January for 15m pound or so. Maybe he is waiting to leave on a freebie and pocket a big signing on fee.
While he could still easily get big wages if sold in Jan i think he'll wait until the summer to get a signing on bonus too.

Love to get him.

Not just France.

All EU based clubs.

Reckon Ireland might see more kids going overseas after this now considering their kids can't go to England/Celtic any more. Or it ruins Irish football entirely.

Also think this will have positive effects for Portuguese and French clubs who are gone after a lot by England. If Ligue 1 clubs can stop the Bundesliga from poaching all their players they'd actually have a fair chance at improving at a more rapid rate and certain clubs could even challenge PSG more.

The effects, positive and negative, will be really interesting to see in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back