Recommitted Josh Kelly [will be a GIANT for life, has signed 8 year extension]

Remove this Banner Ad

The next 12 months are going to be entertaining.

North are in a good position with GWS in decline, and a huge amount of cap space to use. A surprising finish next year, and I think Kelly might be interested in joining this time round.

The next 12 months are going to be entertaining.

North are in a good position with GWS in decline, and a huge amount of cap space to use. A surprising finish next year, and I think Kelly might be interested in joining this time round.

We'll only be interested if he comes for free (tradewise).

Reality is that he's closer to a flag joining North in 2022 than he at GWS.

Nah, you guys haven't yet had to do a rebuild. You are now.

Are we? Interesting considering how many stars we have in their prime.

North may have started their rebuild but it’s a start. Can’t see Kelly wanting to move clubs for a rebuild. Not saying he won’t, as North like to throw around retirement monies, but he wants to compete.

Are we? Interesting considering how many stars we have in their prime.

North may have started their rebuild but it’s a start. Can’t see Kelly wanting to move clubs for a rebuild. Not saying he won’t, as North like to throw around retirement monies, but he wants to compete.

You lost your key forward, a lynchpin of your backline and classy user off half back/through the midfield.

Your rucks will be a North reject and retirement home dodger Mummy.

You couldn't make the finals this year with Cameron, Williams and Corr.

And at no point have I said Kelly will want to come to North or that we are or should be into him.

You lost your key forward, a lynchpin of your backline and classy user off half back/through the midfield.

And at no point have I said Kelly will want to come to North or that we are or should be into him.

Ahh so you don’t know much about our list.

Ahh so you don’t know much about our list.

I know plenty. Not sure Lachie Ash covers Williams immediately for example.

Anyway, this is not the time or place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. It's just not really a replacement. You already had Whitfield and now you've lost Williams. If you move Whitfield then you're still down a player of Williams' calibre.

No. As we also have an over abundance of mids. So we aren’t down in anything only up front with Jezza, and it will be nice for us to have a different plan that just to kick it long to Cameron.

Anyone else read this thread and go yep he's for sure coming back to Melbourne?

Reality is that he's closer to a flag joining North in 2022 than he at GWS.

tenor.gif

Aiden Corr only played 8 games in 2019 when the Giants did make the Grand Final. In 2020, he played 15 out of 17 games when they missed the finals.

Their rucks were also utter rubbish in 2019 as well, gaining Preuss on just Mumford is a massive improvement for them.

Oh and as for war chests, Port Adelaide is one of the lowest spending clubs and just topped the ladder. So they'll have money to splash and be able to put forward themselves as a club that is actually pushing towards success rather than languishing in rebuild land.

Sincerely hope that we're doing the required work behind the scenes to land both Kelly and Merrett as FA acquisitions 🤩

Remove this Banner Ad

Back