Coaching and off-field staff thread

Kinda looks a little like a young Ross Lyon in this photo.
View attachment 1021273

AFL
Stone then spent 15 years as a coaching assistant in the AFL. He was West Coast’s Stoppage and Opposition Analyst from 2003-‘07, under John Worsfold, and took over as a Sydney Assistant and Stoppage Coach under Paul Roos, from 2008-11.

He headed back to the West in 2012, when Fremantle snapped him up as an Assistant.

He held a variety of positions in his six years with the Dockers, including midfield, forward-line and stoppage coach, and was one of Ross Lyon’s longest-serving off-siders. But he felt it was time to explore other options, and he informed Freo that he’d be leaving when his contract expired in October 2017.

Imagine what the Fremantle players must've felt with two Ross Lyons running around..

Mr Ripper

Pink-cheeked and robust
Dec 21, 1999
Far North Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
AFL
Stone then spent 15 years as a coaching assistant in the AFL. He was West Coast’s Stoppage and Opposition Analyst from 2003-‘07, under John Worsfold, and took over as a Sydney Assistant and Stoppage Coach under Paul Roos, from 2008-11.

He headed back to the West in 2012, when Fremantle snapped him up as an Assistant.

He held a variety of positions in his six years with the Dockers, including midfield, forward-line and stoppage coach, and was one of Ross Lyon’s longest-serving off-siders. But he felt it was time to explore other options, and he informed Freo that he’d be leaving when his contract expired in October 2017.

Imagine what the Fremantle players must've felt with two Ross Lyons running around..
Solid CV there, ZoBlitz?

I like how Mark Stone has a bit of trend

West Coast’s Stoppage and Opposition Analyst from 2003-‘07 (05 Granny, 06 premiership)
Sydney Assistant and Stoppage Coach under Paul Roos, from 2008-11 (rebuilt to 2011 finals, 2012 premiership)
Fremantle 2012-2017 (2013 granny, regular finals)

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I like how Mark Stone has a bit of trend

West Coast’s Stoppage and Opposition Analyst from 2003-‘07 (05 Granny, 06 premiership)
Sydney Assistant and Stoppage Coach under Paul Roos, from 2008-11 (rebuilt to 2011 finals, 2012 premiership)
Fremantle 2012-2017 (2013 granny, regular finals)
Agree 100%..its an impressive record and fantastic acquisition. Exciting times for the club for the next 2-3 years hopefully.

Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It is amazing how quickly and proficiently we have dealt with replacing Noble. In the space of no time at all we have moved Daly into Noble's role and brought Stone in to replace Daly. This is the sign of a Club that is in control of the agenda and well prepared for contingencies. No doubt having Fages as our coach has been an attraction for someone like Stone as well...not only a destination club for players but also for coaches. We get a premiership under Fages in the next year or two and Stone is set up for a Senior Coach gig.

Hell other clubs clubs are poaching our staff already, wait till the next 3peat!

That’s an enormous loss. Possibly as big as Nobes. Selwyn has been considered by many as the key architect of our injury prevention & rehab team for a while now.

lionraven

All Australian
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Oh man how will we cope if we lose *checks notes* Selwyn Griffith. I have always said, the last two years can be attributed solely to old mate Sellers. Here comes bottom 4 again.

I hope we are a process driven operation that we don't suddenly fall off a cliff because a couple of guys leave. You need an organisation to maintain a standard because of its intrinsic structure, not just because it is driven by a few linchpins.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.

That’s an enormous loss. Possibly as big as Nobes. Selwyn has been considered by many as the key architect of our injury prevention & rehab team for a while now.

It's a loss but as with David Noble people move on, I'm sure Selwyn was not a one man band when it comes to rehab and injury prevention, the knowledge would have been spread through the team, onward and upward.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
😂

Haven’t even learnt your lesson from a week ago
What lesson is that?

Given I've seen Selwyn present a number of times and know how highly regarded he is outside AFL circles, I doubt the club has got someone more credentialed they're bringing in. And if you think Danny Daly is more credentialed than David Noble you are deluded.

It is ok to accept that the club has been dealt a s**t sandwich with the loss of Noble and Griffith and that their departures will be detrimental to the club and even further that why, if the club really is destined for big things, that key people are jumping ship now.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What lesson is that?

Given I've seen Selwyn present a number of times and know how highly regarded he is outside AFL circles, I doubt the club has got someone more credentialed they're bringing in. And if you think Danny Daly is more credentialed than David Noble you are deluded.

It is ok to accept that the club has been dealt a sh*t sandwich with the loss of Noble and Griffith and that their departures will be detrimental to the club and even further that why, if the club really is destined for big things, that key people are jumping ship now.

Assuming we are replacing him is probably a step in the right direction.

Selwyn has been here 9 years. If he’s responsible for a recent good run with injuries he’s as responsible for when we’ve struggled in the past.

It is ok to accept that the club has been dealt a sh*t sandwich with the loss of Noble and Griffith and that their departures will be detrimental to the club and even further that why, if the club really is destined for big things, that key people are jumping ship now.
Speaking of s**t sandwiches, I often wonder if you have had one for breakfast?

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What lesson is that?

At least we’ll no longer have Noble ruining our list at the trade table. Has NFI according to one poster on here.

What lesson is that?

People do move jobs for career and personal advancement you know.

That one really hurts. I won't pretend I knew who he was until he announced he was leaving. How many other people work in our strength and conditioning department? Can we cover him?

Back