If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty impressive how Brisbane have largely avoided too much criticism. Second year in a row they finished top 2 and didn't reach the Grand Final. Need to convert those opportunities a little better.

Richmond is the story and the humiliation of Collingwood. They beat the premiers and can use the dreaded 2 game break as an excuse. Not that far off.

I ask because the record shows that the Gabba is basically your home away from home, so it‘s blatantly bullshit to say that the ground and travel doesn’t factor in at all. Would Richmond have won the GF against us in Perth? What about against Geelong at Simonds Stadium? Arguably your greatest win this year was against Port at Adelaide Oval, but, considering they’re the biggest chokers of all time, I found that result hardly surprising.
West Coast isn’t all that in the last 2 seasons though. Geelong almost beat them in Perth and Port Adelaide thrashed them by 42 points in 2019. Collingwood beat West Coast in Perth twice over the last 2 years so there are quite a few travelling teams that match it with West Coast. Hence, it isn’t farfetched that Richmond would beat West Coast in the Grand Final in Perth.

Never underestimate corporate greed especially after the fixturing of the '20 season. Any interstate team that could possibly pull 80 K+ punters each week will likely be dragged into a Vic hub and play 6-8 games at the G in month or so. Then you can claim to be royally screwed. On the positive, the home ground advantage for the Pies and Tiges diminishes as they are rostered elsewhere, maybe out west?
The AFL is going to schedule teams home games away from their own state to increase crowds? You may not like the league but they aren’t that dumb.

West Coast drew Geelong in a final last year and were duly flogged.
I just knew you’d go there. 🤣🤣👍

But on the other hand how many times have Geelong lost finals since 2011 no matter who they have drawn?

You lost to Freo at Kardinia in 2013 when you had a real shot.

My point stands, you are final bunnies.

Last edited:
I ask because the record shows that the Gabba is basically your home away from home, so it‘s blatantly bullshit to say that the ground and travel doesn’t factor in at all. Would Richmond have won the GF against us in Perth? What about against Geelong at Simonds Stadium? Arguably your greatest win this year was against Port at Adelaide Oval, but, considering they’re the biggest chokers of all time, I found that result hardly surprising.
If the grand final was in Perth you still would not have been there as you already got eliminated at home against the 8th place team. Richmond would have still beaten port in Adelaide and cats would have won their game against the lions in Brisbane. So the same 2 teams would have lined up in the grand final had it been in Perth. Now Geelong had an average winning margin of 40 odd points in all their 5 games at the Gabba previous to the grand final, so do you really think playing the game in Perth would have somehow flipped a 30point result on another neutral ground?

If the grand final was in Perth you still would not have been there as you already got eliminated at home against the 8th place team. Richmond would have still beaten port in Adelaide and cats would have won their game against the lions in Brisbane. So the same 2 teams would have lined up in the grand final had it been in Perth. Now Geelong had an average winning margin of 40 odd points in all their 5 games at the Gabba previous to the grand final, so do you really think playing the game in Perth would have somehow flipped a 30point result on another neutral ground?
The question he/she asked was would Richmond have beaten WC in Perth.

The answer is most probably.

Then you have to ask, would WC have won if they made it at the Gabba, and the answer is definately not.

Umm how can you guarantee situations would have been the same?

I just knew you’d go there. 🤣🤣👍

But on the other hand how many times have Geelong lost finals since 2011 no matter who they have drawn?

You lost to Freo at Kardinia in 2013 when you had a real shot.

My point stands, you are final bunnies.
I accept thats reasonable criticism
This year at least we got past the prelim final hurdle and were in the mix until tigers got the upper hand after half time in the GF.
But until we win a flag this sort of criticism will continue.

Would West Coast have beaten Richmond at the MCG in 2018?

Doesn't matter. It's irrelevant.

this season was more fixed than ever, every game was played out like a theatrical production. taking it seriously and trying to use statistics to prove something from last year wrong is obscene.

On the other hand I’m surprised Brisbane haven’t copped more flak considering how much was in their favour this year.

100 % agree with that Fagan spins it to much we're young etc etc.2 years in a row blew double chances at home and won't have a better opportunity to win a flag like this year again so much things in there favour

Took you 40 years to in how many flags we won just in the 80s 4 great seasons in 40 years

You don't mention your pathectic time winning multiple spoons and broke Fitzroy record now that's real achievement.Multiple first rounds picks ,tanking the list goes on we're still waiting for "they know we're coming".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now your clutching straws what if etc ? Eagles weren't even travelling well pies won against you in Perth.Don't try to find something that's not there tigers have no injuries, home always at the G, don't travel etc that was all proven wrong this year even in much worse scenarios then that in hub life.

Umm how can you guarantee situations would have been the same?

Can you give us the poweball numbers tonight ?because you eagles supporters work on hypothetical what if etc , the fact is 2 seasons in a row you blew top 4 that's your issue you seem to ignore.

If Richmond ever got a fixture befitting a reigning premier then they wouldn't even make the top 4, instead they get gifted a draw that mid-placed teams get.

You can Richmond out of ninth but the AFL fixturing people seem to still think Premiershipmond is still a thing...
Tell us how our fixture can ‘befit a reigning premier’ then. One that’s realistic because I know some of you may want to see Richmond play everywhere but Victoria.

this season was more fixed than ever, every game was played out like a theatrical production. taking it seriously and trying to use statistics to prove something from last year wrong is obscene.

2teams1cup.gif

Hats off to Gil for arranging this.

If Richmond ever got a fixture befitting a reigning premier then they wouldn't even make the top 4, instead they get gifted a draw that mid-placed teams get.

You can Richmond out of ninth but the AFL fixturing people seem to still think Premiershipmond is still a thing...
You’re the guy who was spruiking how much the eagles would beat the tigers by when they played this year, and also the tigers would be lucky to make the 8.... you don’t have much clue do you?:)

Hats off to Gil for arranging this.

mate gil can't even do up his tie properly, you really think he's the one calling the shots

Tell us how our fixture can ‘befit a reigning premier’ then. One that’s realistic because I know some of you may want to see Richmond play everywhere but Victoria.
Well the fact that you got the 7th hardest draw out of any team before COVID heat.

Weak as piss and puts the 'Fix' in fixturing.

Obvious to everyone other than tigger fans it seems.

You’re the guy who was spruiking how much the eagles would beat the tigers by when they played this year, and also the tigers would be lucky to make the 8.... you don’t have much clue do you?:)
Play us in Perth like you were supposed to and you don't make the top 4. Simple.

Play us in Perth like you were supposed to and you don't make the top 4. Simple.

Collingwood beat you in your biggest game of the year and then came to the realisation that their premiership window is closed and so far behind Richmond that they immediately start a rebuild.
No one rates you . You don't have any good players and you lost your skinny arsed oval that you use to give you a bit of an advantage.

Richmond actually had that horror fixture in 2019 and still won the flag. Only 4 games at the MCG between Rounds 2 and 17, with 3 of those against co-tenants and the 4th against Geelong who are definitely not too unfamiliar with the ground, given the Tigers didn’t beat them there for over a decade.

How Richmond were even still in contention by August was a miracle, let alone won the flag.

And they weren’t even reigning premier (at that stage)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back