News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think the AFL will let you do that.
Also would you really wanna drive down the highway?
Even I don't and I go for us! It's a pain in the arse.

Not a pain at all. Tune in to K Rock or Triple M, listen for the late changes and park within a kilomotre of the ground. It's a great experience especially with our win/loss record.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned previously (?), but heard on the Rumour File on 3AW this morning that as part of the Stage 5 Redevelopment a "Father / Son" statue will be commissioned. If true, very, very fitting.

What will they call the new stand the 'Abletts Stand', the 'Father - Son Stand', the 'Gary Ablett and Gary Ablett Stand' or just the 'Ablett Stand'?

As long with the development visiting supporters can more seats to sit in but knowing Geelong visiting supporters will be giving an extra 100 seats somewhere and be made to a huge fee to sit in them like what goes on atm.
Well you have got another political party to bend over you.
Modern English, please. Not Shakespearean English

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously (?), but heard on the Rumour File on 3AW this morning that as part of the Stage 5 Redevelopment a "Father / Son" statue will be commissioned. If true, very, very fitting.

What will they call the new stand the 'Abletts Stand', the 'Father - Son Stand', the 'Gary Ablett and Gary Ablett Stand' or just the 'Ablett Stand'?

Why not literally a Father Son stand .... The Ablett Bay , The Hawkins Bay , The Scarlett Bay , The Turner Bay , which ever family has supplied 100 games plus from father and son ( some how I think the Blakes miss out)

Why not literally a Father Son stand .... The Ablett Bay , The Hawkins Bay , The Scarlett Bay , The Turner Bay , which ever family has supplied 100 games plus from father and son ( some how I think the Blakes miss out)
Excellent idea...... but me thinks political correctness would not allow that

You are kidding :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
When you hear how far political correctness is being taken, who knows? I reckon the 'Father-Son' Stand would be fitting, but I can see people saying it ought to be 'Father-Sibling' Stand so not to alienate possible future AFLW champions whose fathers may also have been champions of the club.

I described someone as an old woman to a mate a few weeks back and was hauled over the coals by a woman within ear shot. "You mean Fuddy Duddy, don't you?"

Excellent idea...... but me thinks political correctness would not allow that
How could anyone complain?

We all know Gender is only a construct, so if we identify as 'fathers and sons', its totally up to us to call a stand as such. ;)

The world is going mad, and the West is in terminal decline as it flees from God, and runs away from its historical roots of Xian/Judaeo ethics etc.

When you hear how far political correctness is being taken, who knows? I reckon the 'Father-Son' Stand would be fitting, but I can see people saying it ought to be 'Father-Sibling' Stand so not to alienate possible future AFLW champions whose fathers may also have been champions of the club.

I described someone as an old woman to a mate a few weeks back and was hauled over the coals by a woman within ear shot. "You mean Fuddy Duddy, don't you?"

As soon as we have multiple premiership aflw players then we can start looking at that .. but really.. REALLY.

I reckon Ford stand would still be fine.
Longest sponsorship in world sport.

If Ford are keen to stick around The Ford Stand would be good. Perch up a nice Mustang or Ranger behind the goals like the Camry's at the Telstra Dome many years ago and it'd look great.

If not The Ford Stand, I'd go for something like the 'City Stand' or the 'City End', and really focus the stand on the people of Geelong (murals on the walls of Geelong crowds and famous moments in both the clubs and cities history etc.). In recent times the Ford Stand/Ablett Terrace has been the more accessible end (in terms of ticket prices) for the lower and middle class earners in the region so it'd be fantastic if that could be maintained into the future, and both the name and design of the stand could be there to recognise and honour each and every Geelong citizen and Geelong supporter and member.

I doubt he would want that sort of recognition, but I'd name it after the guy who basically saved the club. (Saint) Francis Costa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ford are keen to stick around The Ford Stand would be good. Perch up a nice Mustang or Ranger behind the goals like the Camry's at the Telstra Dome many years ago and it'd look great.

If not The Ford Stand, I'd go for something like the 'City Stand' or the 'City End', and really focus the stand on the people of Geelong (murals on the walls of Geelong crowds and famous moments in both the clubs and cities history etc.). In recent times the Ford Stand/Ablett Terrace has been the more accessible end (in terms of ticket prices) for the lower and middle class earners in the region so it'd be fantastic if that could be maintained into the future, and both the name and design of the stand could be there to recognise and honour each and every Geelong citizen and Geelong supporter and member.
Yeah I like that. Peoples stand or something.
And let's be honest the people paid for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back