Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Look what did these guys think that the Club works sit back and tap them on the back and say well done on the 17th position.This is why we got Brady and as sad as it was to see Rhys step down but changes needed to be made.We have been complacent for far to long.
12 players shown the door and I could say a few more a lucky to get another contract. Yes its sad to lose your job but we are in this to win a Premiership not win Wooden spoons.

So from that statement, it seems that it's not polec that has the problem, it's the team not able to include him. A good team cater to the player's strength. Polec is an outside play so let him his role. Give him every opportunity to be one of the best of the competition. Give him license to run and carry.

Yikes.

I like Durdin but that is a really piss poor look. Not doing himself any favours if he's looking for another club.

When asked that question you reply "Not really my place/not really appropriate to comment on my past team mates situations" and move on.

For mine, this is all much ado about nothing. None of the delisted players have really said anything untoward about the club. Sure, they’re feeling a tad cranky about, effectively, losing their livelihoods. However, nobody has come out and gone hard - as far as I can see. Very much, play on, from my perspective.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For mine, this is all much ado about nothing. None of the delisted players have really said anything untoward about the club. Sure, they’re feeling a tad cranky about, effectively, losing their livelihoods. However, nobody has come out and gone hard - as far as I can see. Very much, play on, from my perspective.

There might be some areas for improvement for us in how to handle the process but nothing alarming reported so far.

It's amazing how those delisted had zero interest in the trade market yet somehow still feel aggrieved being removed from the 17th placed team?

Baffling really.

Shows how entitled we've made players feel in the past I suspect, that contracts are just a formality if turn up on time and a good bloke.
Even more damning will be that none of them get picked up in the draft. Damning for them but also for us that we had 11 list cloggers on our list....thanks Joycey!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

190321Gallery-15.jpg

Don't know how we can pick blokes who have trained but have had no competitive hit-outs ☹

Really feel Sunday will be very sad to watch as a life-long member. Never been so pessimistic since 1971. 50 years ago.
hang in there; we've got as much young talent as anybody else, but it'll take time

Looks broader across his chest, bit bigger in the arms.

Somebody might have been working on ways to make himself more defensive, starting with strength.

Don't know how we can pick blokes who have trained but have had no competitive hit-outs ☹

Really feel Sunday will be very sad to watch as a life-long member. Never been so pessimistic since 1971. 50 years ago.
I'm really pessimistic about this year, think we are spoon bound and it's going to be rough viewing with a lot of really ugly games. That said I'm feeling really positive about where our list is heading, we have so much young talent (can't remember the last time we had this much) coming through and will be forced to get a bunch of games into them this year. Way better than finishing 7th - 12th every year. Hopefully I'm just completely wrong and we start off with a big win!

Looks broader across his chest, bit bigger in the arms.

Somebody might have been working on ways to make himself more defensive, starting with strength.

It's his mindset that's always been the problem defensively - not lack of ability or strength.

i hear ya , bit ya know I’m excited for our future for the first time in many years . The level of angst I’d feel as we bumbled our way to 51% win rate over a ten year period , ****ed with my state of mind badly .
We celebrated ninth spot finishes like they were premierships . Hiding amongst the comp , not bad but not good. I lost a lot of respect for our club . I don’t care if we get a shellacking every week , we are doing the the right thing finally. There’s only ever one premier, and 8 finalists.
18th or 9th , who cares. Celebrate the youngsters man and enjoy is my advice 👍

i hear ya , bit ya know I’m excited for our future for the first time in many years . The level of angst I’d feel as we bumbled our way to 51% win rate over a ten year period , f’ed with my state of mind badly .
We celebrated ninth spot finishes like they were premierships . Hiding amongst the comp , not bad but not good. I lost a lot of respect for our club . I don’t care if we get a shellacking every week , we are doing the the right thing finally. There’s only ever one premier, and 8 finalists.
It’s embarrassing that on this Board we celebrate the * Final win.

i hear ya , bit ya know I’m excited for our future for the first time in many years . The level of angst I’d feel as we bumbled our way to 51% win rate over a ten year period , f’ed with my state of mind badly .
18th or 9th , who cares. Celebrate the youngsters man and enjoy is my advice

I want to see us wining games. If I wanted to celebrate youngsters I’d be watching VFL or the U18 comp

Hear TAO. More coming from how we can start the year with underdone blokes and that injury list. Lazzaro playing beside Scott won't learn as much as playing beside Cunners.

I want to see us wining games. If I wanted to celebrate youngsters I’d be watching VFL or the U18 comp

Problem is you need good players to win games. We ain't got many. Haven't since 2017. They don't just materialise. You need to draft then develop them. We've got 0 A graders under 30. Nothing in the 24-28 group apart from a handful of solid B graders. We're not winning many games with that lot.

Whatever we achieve is going to come from the group 23 and under. They need time and development.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back