The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont know what the problem is but I'm pretty certain Klopp absolutely wants to keep him at the club. So either Gini doesnt like the contract on offer which means we've either low balled him or he wants something extravagant or... he simply wants a new challenge.

The latter seems unlikely as he's currently playing in the best side in the world and we're right amongst it to win some big trophies so I cant see why Gini would want to leave. Particularly because Liverpool is a family club and all the players talk about how close they all are and how supportive it all is and how working under Klopp is amazing etc so you would think playing for Klopp and Liverpool right now is a dream.

So the only thing it has to be is that Gini wants more money than we have offered and we wont budge. He will end up at Barcelona with Koeman you would think, if Koeman still has a job. Barca will probably pay him more.

If the first few months of this season have proven anything, it's that we need to get more minutes into Curtis Jones.

Think about the pecking order in the midfield going into the season with everyone fit and signed:

Hendo>Fabinho>Thiago>Wijnaldum>Keita>Milner>Ox>Jones

I think were expecting some appearances, probably more than last season, but there would be times where he wouldn't even make the squad.

Come December, and eighteen games in Curtis Jones is the only outfield player to have been in every matchday squad. IMO he's gone past Milner (who can cover other positions) and Ox, and probably Keita. He may be our fifth best midfielder, perhaps fourth if you consider Fabinho a CB for the rest of the season, and who knows when Thiago is going to play again.

He's 19 and only going to get better. Wijnaldum leaving will open up some more minutes for Keita and Ox. We will make a signing too.

Wijnaldum will always be fondly remembered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Milner, he is a model professional but if its a choice between keeping him or Gini he has to go.
It's nothing to do with squad spaces or game time. We just need to give Gini a better deal.

I also wont mind if we go and buy Szoboszlai to replace him.

I dunno how you even go about replacing Gini, he has this unique blend of physicality, work rate and football smarts that are so hard to find all together, normally people have one or two of them but he has them all, which makes him such a reliable player that can play any role.

Also his knack of scoring the big goals against big opponents, and his leadership

As underrated as they come, we're really gonna miss him

I dunno how you even go about replacing Gini, he has this unique blend of physicality, work rate and football smarts that are so hard to find all together, normally people have one or two of them but he has them all, which makes him such a reliable player that can play any role.

Also his knack of scoring the big goals against big opponents, and his leadership

As underrated as they come, we're really gonna miss him
Oh absolutely. I wasnt suggesting Szoboszlai was a like for like. Gini is one of our most important players. We need to get Thiago fit and just see some midfield combos without Gini to see how we fare as he's gone next season.

I know it’s been said numerous times but how lucky are we to have Klopp. This bloke was born to manage Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know it’s been said numerous times but how lucky are we to have Klopp. This bloke was born to manage Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was super excited when we got him but never did I think he would be this great. I thought when he signed that we'd gotten ourselves a really good manager, little did I know we have recruited the best manager by some distance on the planet who was basically born to manage our great club.

Bloke needs a statue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back