Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

The players grand final recollections and here is our only premiership debutant this year :)

How could you not love this bloke. Seems a deep thinker. Amazing to think what his ceiling might be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jun 16, 2020
Munted
AFL Club
Richmond
should pop out a few more kids next year

2CE184A5-2388-4BED-A267-E1AAD2463043.jpeg

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
should pop out a few more kids next year

View attachment 1023141
Ben Brown over his right shoulder

Jun 16, 2020
Munted
AFL Club
Richmond
Ben Brown over his right shoulder
not worthy of the effort

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
I still think Balta has huge potential as a mobile ruckman. I'm happy for him to stay in defense for a couple more years with occasional runs on the ball to stir things up if required.
I still think he could almost be worth a shot as CHF-type. We may need a Jack replacement very soon - not sure about Chol just now.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Shai Bolton is the number one ranked 22 year old and Noah Balta is the number two ranked 21 year old in the league according to AFL Player Ratings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Shai Bolton is the number one ranked 22 year old and Noah Balta is the number two ranked 21 year old in the league according to AFL Player Ratings
And Dustin Martin is the number 1 ranked 29 year old

Jun 16, 2020
Munted
AFL Club
Richmond
we'll be in flag contention for the next 10 years

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I still think Balta has huge potential as a mobile ruckman. I'm happy for him to stay in defense for a couple more years with occasional runs on the ball to stir things up if required.
I still think he could almost be worth a shot as CHF-type. We may need a Jack replacement very soon - not sure about Chol just now.

balta forward IMHO

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
He certainly was a POD when used in the ruck, as he was when moved forward.

I guess it comes down to rotations and match ups. For instance, if the backline can cover the oppo forwards without him and Nank needs a rest then use him in the ruck. If the oppo defense is a little undersized or slow then him being taken by the 3rd best defender is a win, particularly if Dusty is in the mix there too (even if he's not)

Looks like we might go into next year with just the one ruck, initially at least. It looked ok with Lynch providing the chop out forward, Astbury down back with Balta taking centre bounces when Nank needed a rest or was playing as that intercepting mark in the backline.

4xBeasts...(last coulda been menadue!!!)

Noah kicked it about 10m back from the corner of the centre square and it drops about 5m short of the goal line. That's gotta be 65 plus metre kick from Noah......😲omg!....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back