If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
There there little fella, you’re a good boy. Enjoy the bradbury (CB17 ruffles Bhuddas hair and walks away to talk to the adults).......
That prelim spanking is still a bit tender, yeah?

Completely understandable ors, although you can always call that stage fright, “gastro” if it’s easier to accept.

That prelim spanking is still a bit tender, yeah?

Completely understandable ors, although you can always call that stage fright, “gastro” if it’s easier to accept.

There there little fella, it’s ok. That dynasty never quite happened like all you puffed up WCE supporters said it would. Just be happy the Tiges tripped up and you got a bradbury/token flag.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

It also loses some seriousness when the Qualifying Final was played in Brisbane.

I think there’s some WCE fans who need to come back to reality about who the best teams really are. Cats and Tigers are well ahead of them. Even Port has surpassed them. Lions will be the interesting team to see if they can now back up. The fact they still bring up 2019 tells us everything we need to know about the poor, sad little fellas.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think there’s some WCE fans who need to come back to reality about who the best teams really are. Cats and Tigers are well ahead of them. Even Port has surpassed them. Lions will be the interesting team to see if they can now back up. The fact they still bring up 2019 tells us everything we need to know about the poor, sad little fellas.
But you forget, they have to get on that big bad plane.

Not only that, Brisbane, who also get on that big bad plane, don't cross timelines, it's the timelines that hurt, not the distance.

All Aust

Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

Not only that, Brisbane, who also get on that big bad plane, don't cross timelines, it's the timelines that hurt, not the distance.
The Pies over the journey have a really good away record? Might really be the psychology of it all?

Aaaaaahhhhh, so you’re saying it’s science? That explains it then.

The Pies over the journey have a really good away record? Might really be the psychology of it all?

Won a final in Perth against WCE this season if memory serves me correct. Any pies supporters out there who can confirm that?

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong

The thing is at times in the last three years they’ve looked close to the team to beat. Deserved premiers in 2018, and how they managed to lose to Hawthorn in the last round at home in 2019 is still anyone’s guess. Cost them a top four spot.

Did it again this year. Home final against Collingwood. You’ve got to win those.

Lol WC supporters. Only played games in WA and QLD this year compared to the premiers who played and won in Vic, Qld, NSW, SA and NT. But hey was an easy draw because we didn't go to WA

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond
They did well, but they did have some advantages - played Geelong, WC and Brisbane all are Metricon and not Gabba/Optus in H and A season. How do they get a favourable fixture against all 3 teams? Their only hard away fixture was Port all season.
So the argument is that Richmond had an advantage because they played a couple of very good teams at a neutral ground rather than the opposition having a clear home ground advantage?

It is worth noting the West Coast had played at Metricon just as much as Richmond during the H&A season. The only advantage is that Richmond had a half day break over West Coast (Richmond had played against Essendon in the Northern Territory and had to travel a by plane back thus eliminating the 'travel' advantage).

Last edited:

Dark Eagle 9

Debutant
Nov 8, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
In 2019 Tigers interstate games should have been split up more evenly, you were a killa team of the previous 2 years. & God all mighty you should have played WC twice, the 2018 premiers, once in Perth (farkin come on!). You only barely had our measure twice at the MCG in 17 & 19, & got your pants pulled down in Perth in 18 (Dusty fend offs put to shame by Yeo).

Tigers are slick but not that great. I'll take being there to see Dom Sheeds immortal technique forever iconic best & most important goal ever over your 17 & 19 snorefests. 2020..... Meh Corona Wars lol

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
So the argument is that Richmond had an advantage because they played a couple of very good teams at a neutral ground rather than the opposition having a clear home ground advantage?

It is worth noting the West Coast had played at Metricon just as much as Richmond during the H&A season. The only advantage is that Richmond had a half day break over West Coast (Richmond had played against Essendon in the Northern Territory and had to travel a by plane back thus eliminating the 'travel' advantage).
Didn't say that, said they could have had it more difficult. The OP's post is to say how hard Richmond had it and I'm saying they could have had it harder.

Didn't say that, said they could have had it more difficult. The OP's post is to say how hard Richmond had it and I'm saying they could have had it harder.

EA10F7C7-CA21-4060-8C3B-7473B3EBCBE4.gif

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
In 2019 Tigers interstate games should have been split up more evenly, you were a killa team of the previous 2 years. & God all mighty you should have played WC twice, the 2018 premiers, once in Perth (farkin come on!). You only barely had our measure twice at the MCG in 17 & 19, & got your pants pulled down in Perth in 18 (Dusty fend offs put to shame by Yeo).

Tigers are slick but not that great. I'll take being there to see Dom Sheeds immortal technique forever iconic best & most important goal ever over your 17 & 19 snorefests. 2020..... Meh Corona Wars lol

Come back when you stop living with the fairys in fairy land , never seen a bunch of fans from a footy team think that there team should have could have did this etc nothing more then sour 🍇🍇🍇.

Have they actually thought that there not actually that good the fans of eagles all they do is avoid reality choking of last 2 years blowing top 4 chances in final rounds and loosing home finals against weaker opponents.

Dark Eagle 9

Debutant
Nov 8, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Come back when you stop living with the fairys in fairy land , never seen a bunch of fans from a footy team think that there team should have could have did this etc nothing more then sour 🍇🍇🍇.

Have they actually thought that there not actually that good the fans of eagles all they do is avoid reality choking of last 2 years blowing top 4 chances in final rounds and loosing home finals against weaker opponents.

The best team of the previous 2 years gets to play 7 games at home before finals. Dont all vic teams play around 6 away games now? Come on mang honestly why didnt you guys play us in Perth that year? WC supporters go on about it because of the significance of that game & how important it is for eagles to finish top 2. The next week against the Hawks we were spent. I mentioned 17 because we were so disadvantaged in stock at tje time. 17 Tigers lost to a bumch of teams, MCG factpr just helped that much for a team improving with a mad legion of success starved Tigger fans lol. Regardless..... Immortal Technique Sheed Best Grand Final Goal will be remembered more than your itchy scrot grand final wins v crows & giants bish

Do the Dew

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2019
Stuart Dew's Gut
AFL Club
Richmond
The best team of the previous 2 years gets to play 7 games at home before finals. Dont all vic teams play around 6 away games now? Come on mang honestly why didnt you guys play us in Perth that year? WC supporters go on about it because of the significance of that game & how important it is for eagles to finish top 2. The next week against the Hawks we were spent. I mentioned 17 because we were so disadvantaged in stock at tje time. 17 Tigers lost to a bumch of teams, MCG factpr just helped that much for a team improving with a mad legion of success starved Tigger fans lol. Regardless..... Immortal Technique Sheed Best Grand Final Goal will be remembered more than your itchy scrot grand final wins v crows & giants bish
Man you've been hitting some of those drugs your club is so accustomed to if you'd prefer 1 premiership rather than 3...

You can't just look at a portion of the draw in isolation and draw conclusions from that. In 2019, we had a horrendous draw compared to every other team in terms of home ground advantage leading up to those last 7 games in a row at the G (I can post the table I created showing fixture discrepancy if you don't take me at my word). Those last 7 games somewhat balanced our fixture. Using your logic, I could make the specious claim that West Coast's 2020 fixture was ridiculously good because you got 6 games in a row at home in a shortened season (which is slightly better than 7 in a longer season). However being a logical thinker, I understand that you also played for long stretches away from home, similar to most other teams.

As for you stating that the Tigers should have played the Eagles in Perth in 2019, it's not like Tigers fans/CEO created the fixture. We probably should have played twice, but we can't control that. Historically we very rarely play twice in a season for whatever reason.

Lastly stating that the Eagles were spent the week after against the 9th place, not playing for anything Hawks, is a weak excuse. We had to win against the 1st placed Lions to remain in 4 and passed that test. If you recall you also got smashed by 10th placed Port in Perth so maybe you're lucky you only had to play us once.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies

supporter would prefer to watch their own team win a flag. Never would have guessed.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba

Yeah if the interstate games were split up more evenly rather than at the start of the season when Richmond were crushed by injuries, they might’ve won even more of them!

All Aust

Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    45 KB · Views: 20
Back