Prediction Who will we take with Pick 11?

Pick 11?

• Bruhn

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Perkins

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Cox

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • Reid

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Chapman

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Henry

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Carroll

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • O’Driscoll

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree with Rad believe it or not.

I don't think a KPF is crucial to a flag.

Hawthorn didn't have one nor did Richmond or Bulldogs.

It's a midfielders game more than ever which is how Franklin plays and Roughhead played. Mobile not statues.

Hawthorn had Franklin and Roughead. Richmond had Lynch and Riewoldt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really? Alex rance was pick 18, Jack Riewoldt is pick 16, if you want to focus on the current premiers...
I think J. R. went a bit higher.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Top 10. I reckon we target an established KPP down the track if Larkey, Comben, and McKay are found wanting.

Better off doing it now. No point starting to develop a key forward down the track, it puts everything out of whack having to develop them for 4+ years.

I personally don’t think Larkey and Comben is enough. We need to address it now, whether that be with pick 2 or 11.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Better off doing it now. No point starting to develop a key forward down the track, it puts everything out of whack having to develop them for 4+ years.

I personally don’t think Larkey and Comben is enough. We need to address is now, whether that be with pick 2 or 11.

I don’t mean develop. If we need one and we’re a good team go and get one. Like Richmond did Lynch.

McDonald around 2 would be a fair pick. There’s no KPF’s around 11.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think J. R. went a bit higher.

1607159441725.png

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Their mobility is why so good not their height or marking power.

Too many place value on height, it can actually be a handicap.

You have just summed up Luke McDonald.

Regardless of how they play, they’re KPP’s. I don’t think anyone in the country doesn’t think Franklin isn’t a key forward.

Last edited:

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
key position players are built on having the right players, so in other words, when our attacking system is top 4 quality, whoever is the key forward will thrive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t mean develop. If we need one and we’re a good team go and get one. Like Richmond did Lynch.

McDonald around 2 would be a fair pick. There’s no KPF’s around 11.

That is an option, but our track record isn’t exactly great with attracting big names. Hopefully that changes with a young talented list coming through.

key position players are built on having the right players, so in other words, when our attacking system is top 4 quality, whoever is the key forward will thrive.
The whole 'if you build it (the midfield) they will come' scenario is flawed in my opinion. There are plenty of KPPs that have performed well in poor teams and then were crucial to club success when it came. Not too many spuds that became matchwinners when the rest of the team improved.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Josh Kennedy, Buddy, Roughy : Top five
Brown, Hawkins : Discounted FS
J.R. and Lynch : First round
Cameron: Underage priority pick.

There are a lot of Colemans and premierships in that bunch.

Most of those players have performed in poor sides also, which makes the whole how good your midfield is a load of crap.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
That is an option, but our track record isn’t exactly great with attracting big names. Hopefully that changes with a young talented list coming through.

If we look like we’re a live flag chance I reckon we’ll be a lot more attractive.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Let's get the running game first. Key forwards are the final pieces of puzzle. We need to first get forward pressure and defensive transition to top 4 standards. Once we get that going, key forwards will suddenly become seemingly superstars. Larkey is more than capable of kicking 50 per season if we can get the aforementioned skills. Of course midfield speed is also very important in that we create a dynamic mixture of players that we are doing it for the first time for 20 years. No more inside midfielder crap, every player is an inside midfielder and everyone is an outside midfielder. The ruckman is also a midfielder. Our thinking needs to at least get in the 2020s if not get a little bit ahead to 2030s. By the 2030s, your 190cm+ midfielders will also be playing temoprary key forward roles and 2nd ruck. Our premiership team might be built on having a superior battery of medium sized forwards as richmond was built on having a top cluster of little pressure forwards. You never know.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Let's get the running game first. Key forwards are the final pieces of puzzle. We need to first get forward pressure and defensive transition to top 4 standards. Once we get that going, key forwards will suddenly become seemingly superstars. Larkey is more than capable of kicking 50 per season if we can get the aforementioned skills. Of course midfield speed is also very important in that we create a dynamic mixture of players that we are doing it for the first time for 20 years. No more inside midfielder crap, every player is an inside midfielder and everyone is an outside midfielder. The ruckman is also a midfielder. Our thinking needs to at least get in the 2020s if not get a little bit ahead to 2030s. By the 2030s, your 190cm+ midfielders will also be playing temoprary key forward roles and 2nd ruck. Our premiership team might be built on having a superior battery of medium sized forwards as richmond was built on having a top cluster of little pressure forwards. You never know.
No inside mids and a battery of medium sized forwards. Way of the future. I love it. North needs to be ahead of the curve. You could argue we're going that route already with recruiting Stephenson to complement Thomas et al. If we take Hollands and Perkins the cat is officially out of the bag. You have been warned competition........

Back