Club Focus Collingwood 2020 - Henry, Macrae, McInnes, Poulter, McMahon, McCreery

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Collingwood club focus thread

Data from footywire. To check the draft order (updated weekly) see the thread here.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Master Dodoro move, trade them 7 and change for 14, 16 and next year's first.

Bid on Reef with pick 6.

View attachment 1021603
He wont get all 3 but i think he is angling for 2021 1st rounder + #16 for #8 and a handshake agreement not to bid

Bombers will take the tall they want as well as Perkins and then take another mid at #16

JLC

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool NY Yankees
As 4tune8 noted, you now have to fill your list with very late selections due to all the cuts. Putting three draft picks into one on top of that is dumb (including one next year in a highly rated draft) - although the club has shown itself to be kinda dumb lately.

I would rather have two quality kids and fill the remaining spots with rats and mice. In this years draft there is only going to be around 50 selections, so picks after that are not worth anything except for being good to pick up Reef.

Next year we have Nick Daicos - first Rd pick is useless as a bid will come on Daicos early and that pick will get burned. The strategy will be to use later round picks on Nick Daicos.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He wont get all 3 but i think he is angling for 2021 1st rounder + #16 for #8 and a handshake agreement not to bid

Bombers will take the tall they want as well as Perkins and then take another mid at #16
This is what I think it might be. And Essendon threatening to bid apparently so will probably happen.

perplexed

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would rather have two quality kids and fill the remaining spots with rats and mice. In this years draft there is only going to be around 50 selections, so picks after that are not worth anything except for being good to pick up Reef.

Next year we have Nick Daicos - first Rd pick is useless as a bid will come on Daicos early and that pick will get burned. The strategy will be to use later round picks on Nick Daicos.
Your f1 isn't useless. It's a likely top ten pick in a strong draft. It will be worth more next year than now, it's crazy to trade it for peanuts this year.

JLC

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool NY Yankees
Your f1 isn't useless. It's a likely top ten pick in a strong draft. It will be worth more next year than now, it's crazy to trade it for peanuts this year.

say we have a top 10 pick next year.

Nick Daicos is getting bid on by another club in the top three. That first round pick is automatically gone as we will match.

perplexed

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Nick Daicos is getting bid on by another club in the top three. That first round pick is automatically gone as we will match.
Only if you take it to the draft and use it for points, which nobody does.
If Daicos is def getting bid on before your pick, which is way too early to call, you have lots of better options with your pick next year than this. Trade it for a quality player. Combine it with something to get ahead of the bid. Swap it for a pile of later picks so you have something left after you match. Trsde it for fututre picks then live trade back in after you match.
If Collingwood use it this year in a dumb trade with Ess, the AFL should send in administrators to run the club

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

Daicos is no certainty to attract a first round bid let alone top 3, a lot can happen from now until then.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Trading out collingwood 1st rounder this year is absolutely stupid , Most likely the Pies fall down the ladder and with very little depth if injuries hit they could easily end up bottom 6 and in a stronger draft that combines kids that couldnt really show or improve their game in 2020 the draft will be deep and with good quality in the top 10-20 picks.

What happens if Daicos gets an injury that pushes him out to say Brodie Kemp like range , Pies would be crazy to trade the pick when most teams are looking to get into 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos is no certainty to attract a first round bid let alone top 3, a lot can happen from now until then.

Well what being Said about him the Experts need to be Badly Wrong or he does something like a ACL for not be at least a top 10 Pick

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well what being Said about him the Experts need to be Badly Wrong or he does something like a ACL for not be at least a top 10 Pick
To my knowledge his hasn't played elite underage football since his u14 days, missed out on his TAC bottom age year because of covid, there's a few question marks IMO, i think (hope) the experts are right but you never count your chickens....

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
To my knowledge his hasn't played elite underage football since his u14 days, missed out on his TAC bottom age year because of covid, there's a few question marks IMO, i think (hope) the experts are right but you never count your chickens....
You are right 2 years out there have been alot of kids that have looked like top picks that have drifted in their last year with others bolting up the rankings

Think its more coming from the footy he played at carey last season with Rowell and Anderson

Think its more coming from the footy he played at carey last season with Rowell and Anderson

and Reported he was every bit as good as Rowell and Anderson but being 2 Years Younger

Old navy

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2014
Eastern Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t think this is true at all. Do you have any evidence at all to back up your claim?

Craig Cameron has had numerous discussions about the 2019 draft, talking in depth about brad crouch and possibilities there. Has not once mentioned TRELOAR in 2019 trade season context.
We were always taking Rowell.
You are just making sh*t up.

Why would anyone make up stuff like that, what’s the pay off ?

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
They entertained the idea, but don't think they would have went through with it.

Gold Coast reportedly made a bold play for Collingwood star Adam Treloar during secret trade talks held in the back-half of the 2019 season.

The Herald Sun published a bombshell report on Monday night that suggested the Magpies considered a trade with the Suns involving Treloar and Pick 1 “for a little bit” before it was vigorously quashed by the Pies star midfielder.
It was reported the Pies asked the Suns about the possibility of acquiring Pick 1, which led to Gold Coast asking about Treloar — even though the Suns never intended to give up its prized first draft selection.

Read above Old navy

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
and Reported he was every bit as good as Rowell and Anderson but being 2 Years Younger

If he is every bit as good as Matt Rowell I will marry a horse.

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
Amazing strategy to 'get back into the draft' with picks 65, 66, 68, 75, 91, 105, 116 and 122.

17 other clubs are devo they did not snaffle up the Collingwood list manager.

We can’t all be bluffed to hand over 3 first rounders for a player you were hoping to get for nothing.

17 other clubs are devo they didn’t jump at such a deal...

We can’t all be bluffed to hand over 3 first rounders for a player you were hoping to get for nothing.

17 other clubs are devo they didn’t jump at such a deal...

Thats not what the trade was and you know it. It was a good deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back