Club Focus Collingwood 2020 - Henry, Macrae, McInnes, Poulter, McMahon, McCreery

AFL Club Focus
2019 Collingwood club focus thread

Data from footywire. To check the draft order (updated weekly) see the thread here.

If he is every bit as good as Matt Rowell I will marry a horse.
Matt Rendell at least, seems to think he’s better. What type of horse were you thinking of marrying if it turns out to be true?

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
Thats not what the trade was and you know it. It was a good deal.

lol a good deal?
You emptied out your entire draft hand to hand over3 first rounders...And got 2 second rounders back—picks in the 30s most likely.
Good deal my ass —-you got bluffed out of it big time

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only if you take it to the draft and use it for points, which nobody does.
If Daicos is def getting bid on before your pick, which is way too early to call, you have lots of better options with your pick next year than this. Trade it for a quality player. Combine it with something to get ahead of the bid. Swap it for a pile of later picks so you have something left after you match. Trsde it for fututre picks then live trade back in after you match.
If Collingwood use it this year in a dumb trade with Ess, the AFL should send in administrators to run the club
lol

lol a good deal?
You emptied out your entire draft hand to hand over3 first rounders...And got 2 second rounders back—picks in the 30s most likely.
Good deal my ass —-you got bluffed out of it big time

Not all picks are equal.
We handed over picks 13 15 and 20 (in a poor to average draft)for cameron plus a pick in the 20s and one in the 30s in a better draft..in real terms it works out as 2 first rounders maximum.
People act as if we handed over premium picks we didnt.

Probably a dappled horse of some sort. But I highly highly doubt it will come to that, this is just the usual pre draft hype to give the faithful something to look forward to.
There’s been hype for this kid for the last 6 years. It’s only now that opposition fans are catching up. It’s a shame there was no footy on this year. Can’t wait to see him play in 2021.

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
Not all picks are equal.
We handed over picks 13 15 and 20 (in a poor to average draft)for cameron plus a pick in the 20s and one in the 30s in a better draft..in real terms it works out as 2 first rounders maximum.
People act as if we handed over premium picks we didnt.

how do you know it’s a poor to average draft before it’s even played out?
There’s no evidence to back that up right now as things stand.

Rendell said he had similar work ethic, but wasn't his equal talent wise, let alone better.
(as per the Open Mike interview)
Didn’t see that. I’m going off the SEN segment he did where he said that Daicos was one of if not the best junior he’s ever seen come through the system.

Because it didnt happen.

Rendell says Daicos Jnr ran around with Gold Coast Suns pair Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson in school footy and wasn’t too far off the elite juniors despite being a couple of years below the pair who went pick 1 and 2 respectively in 2019.

“Nick Daicos is father/son for Collingwood next year,” Rendell told Dwayne Russell on SEN’s Dwayne’s World.

“He’s as good a junior as I’ve seen play the game.”

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rendell says Daicos Jnr ran around with Gold Coast Suns pair Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson in school footy and wasn’t too far off the elite juniors despite being a couple of years below the pair who went pick 1 and 2 respectively in 2019.

“Nick Daicos is father/son for Collingwood next year,” Rendell told Dwayne Russell on SEN’s Dwayne’s World.

“He’s as good a junior as I’ve seen play the game.”

No, not that didn't happen this didnt happen re Nick Daicos:

Rendell said he had similar work ethic, but wasn't his equal talent wise, let alone better.
(as per the Open Mike interview)

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Daicos is no certainty to attract a first round bid let alone top 3, a lot can happen from now until then.

Almost certainty to be a top 5 bid if he continues on, from everything I have read only thing that stops a bid at 1 would be the benefits that the number 1 pick gets for going at 1 that clubs like to give their player (along with being able to say we rated you higher).

For similar reasons they likely wont bid on JUH at 1 knowing dogs will match.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Easy to say after the fact.

At the time GC were willing so were Pies but not Treloar.
Really?
I haven’t heard or read any proper media suggesting that Gold Coast were willing to trade pick one for treloar.
I can’t imagine we would when the AFL gifted us compensation so we could take rowell and Anderson as duo.

I can imagine we enquired about treloar in some capacity with cillingwfuu

Back