Training 2021 Pre-season Training

1607314323916.png

Is this the time of year where we say 'Geez look at the size of [insert name of any youngster who needs to bulk up], only for them to look exactly the same come round 1 next year?

Blakey's looking HUUUGE

I wonder if Buddy is there. I mean I know he isn't a young player but it would be great to see him there after missing so much football.

Why wouldn't he be there? According to the media it was Buddy's training session and 30 other random blokes in red and white showed up for some reason

Fox won the time-trial today, followed by Ling, Ronke and Stephens.

I have gone on record saying time trials have very little bearing on the participants' upcoming pre-seasons and performance during the season. But these results were notable to me for two reasons:

1. Fox goes from being delisted to winning a time trial. That speaks volumes about what a professional he is after being delisted.

2. Both Ling & Ronke haven't had great run with injuries. That they were able to prepare themselves and return in that kind of shape is a small victory for them already.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Fox won the time-trial today, followed by Ling, Ronke and Stephens.

I have gone on record saying time trials have very little bearing on the participants' upcoming pre-seasons and performance during the season. But these results were notable to me for two reasons:

1. Fox goes from being delisted to winning a time trial. That speaks volumes about what a professional he is after being delisted.

2. Both Ling & Ronke haven't had great run with injuries. That they were able to prepare themselves and return in that kind of shape is a small victory for them already.
I could be wrong, but I think he delisted with the knowledge that he would be rookie listed, we weren't abandoning him

I could be wrong, but I think he delisted with the knowledge that he would be rookie listed, we weren't abandoning him

I choose to believe that the only contact the club has with the players is 15 minutes before and after each game. The rest of the time, there is 0 communication and all the players are in the same boat as the fans on here.

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Great to see buddy there first day of pre season. Hopefully 2021 turns into what 2020 was meant to be... buddy training the house down during pre season then taking that form into the season to give fans a reminder of what vintage Franklin can do on the field.

Reid looking like a TANK!! maybe 2021 will be the year he finally arrives and provides buddy with a decoy while kicking a few bags himself, while manhandling the second defender...

note: my autocorrect changed manhandling to panhandling... which is probably a more accurate prediction of Reid's role in the team. *tongue in cheek comment there, just thought it was a humerous autocorrect and couldn't help myself ;):p

Screenshot_20201207-182009_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
The first year players are not leaving a good impression. None of them bothered to turn up to the first training session for the preseason.
Let's count Hickey as a first year Blood

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Great to see buddy there first day of pre season. Hopefully 2021 turns into what 2020 was meant to be... buddy training the house down during pre season then taking that form into the season to give fans a reminder of what vintage Franklin can do on the field.

Reid looking like a TANK!! maybe 2021 will be the year he finally arrives and provides buddy with a decoy while kicking a few bags himself, while manhandling the second defender...

note: my autocorrect changed manhandling to panhandling... which is probably a more accurate prediction of Reid's role in the team. *tongue in cheek comment there, just thought it was a humerous autocorrect and couldn't help myself ;):p

View attachment 1024085
Your "humerous auto-correct" accidentally denigrates Reid yet somehow it fails to correct your misspelling of humourous ? Curious.

Ling 2nd in the time trial is good news. It might mean he's fully over his injury worries, and we may get to see what he can do. We saw a bit last year, but it'd be good to see him string a few games together fully fit and see what he's got.

Back