Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Virus

I’m pretty good looking
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
I’d back us in to keep on reloading so when someone such as Joel Selwood retires most likely after one last season we’d have an immediate replacement incoming and keeping us up. Seems to be what we’ve been doing since about 2015. I imagine Cameron just gives what the club would have assumed in 2 more years near the top an extra 3 more.

Is it that just now the footy media are starting to realise that Cameron wasn't traded by himself and that they've only just twigged that there were draft picks coming back with him in exchange for those 3 first-round picks?

"Greater Western Sydney stole headlines after becoming the first club to pocket three first-round picks in a trade when it finally relinquished Jeremy Cameron.
But in the frantic final two minutes of trade period, the Cats also received two future draft picks, which are likely to fall in the 20s. If the ladder is repeated then Geelong will hold picks 17, 24, 27 and 35 next year."

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Is it that just now the footy media are starting to realise that Cameron wasn't traded by himself and that they've only just twigged that there were draft picks coming back with him in exchange for those 3 first-round picks?

"Greater Western Sydney stole headlines after becoming the first club to pocket three first-round picks in a trade when it finally relinquished Jeremy Cameron.
But in the frantic final two minutes of trade period, the Cats also received two future draft picks, which are likely to fall in the 20s. If the ladder is repeated then Geelong will hold picks 17, 24, 27 and 35 next year."

Not sure but I do know Cats fans keep trying to bring it up.
Giants did better than the compensation and managed to weaken a rival at the same time. Win-win.

DanA

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2006
Richmond
AFL Club
Geelong
Not sure but I do know Cats fans keep trying to bring it up.
Giants did better than the compensation and managed to weaken a rival at the same time. Win-win.

I didn’t see Adelaide, Hawthorn, or North Melbourne so I’m wondering which one of their rivals for the wooden spoon they weakened...Essendon?

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jeremy Cameron is worth 7x 1st rounders lol can't believe Geelong got him for 3.

They got 2 seconds back too. Ridiculous trade.
What if I told you one of those firsts we gave up ended up being pick 25 with the 2 seconds back currently being 30 and 32*.

What if I told you the best 1st rounder we gave up we originally obtained by trading out a second rounder in a straight swap?

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
What if I told you one of those firsts we gave up ended up being pick 25 with the 2 seconds back currently being 30 and 32*.

What if I told you the best 1st rounder we gave up we originally obtained by trading out a second rounder in a straight swap?
English please

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

index.jpg

SuperVolley11

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
We don’t win this flag without him. We lose to Collingwold, beat Fremantle then probably lose to Sydney in Sydney. He was massive in that game, only reason we could score basically. From the top of my head 9/11 goals he had a hand in.

Back