Training To hell and back but we never actually left hell (Preseason thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm here for the disappointment.

Addam Maric is training the house down

Cal Twomey's phantom would appear to have us taking two ball winning mids.
Carroll is advertised as a bit of everything, some draft guides he's listed as inside, some as outside mid/back flanker

STRENGTHS:

• Disposal efficiency
  • Decision making
  • Clean hands
  • Athleticism
  • Versatility
  • Upside
  • Class
IMPROVEMENTS:

• Strength
  • Post-injury durability

Holmes is outside with 'contested game' a weakness according to draft central

STRENGTHS:

• Athleticism
  • Speed
  • Endurance
  • Clean hands
  • Rate of development
IMPROVEMENTS:

• Rawness
  • Strength/contested game

Think TMacs best hope is a massive pre season and dropping some weight to try and regain some of his mobility

Think TMacs best hope is a massive pre season and dropping some weight to try and regain some of his mobility
Yeah, I think on the Gawn and Gus podcast Max said he'd lost around 5 kilos and was easily the fittest he's ever been, scary thought considering he used to win all our time trials.

My guess is six players off the back of the centre square at centre bounces leaving us completely naked in defense. Time to pull out all stops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes and Baldrick Goody will trade Oliver for a giant turnip come end of the year. At least it's not Carlton.
You mean his dream turnip. In this case Goody would have thrown in Trac to make sure he secured said turnip.

Back at it yesterday, gallery down there ...

- #48 would seem to be Kobe Farmer
- Liking Rosman out in front of that (presumably) time trial group. Particular with Tomlinson - a certified endurance beast - labouring a few back. (Also either good signs for Hunt and Smith as well ... or just a bad sign for Tomlinson)
- TMac looks to have dropped the weight that he promised
- Bowey looks to have a decent bit of muscle for a little bloke

- TMac looks to have dropped the weight that he promised
Just on this, because there is a rain delay in the BBL and I'm drinking by myself convincing myself it doesn't matter that I have to work in the morning, I'm rewatching games from last year, and I'm up to the North game, and TMac looks considerably more solid, and at the particular part of the game I'm watching, he's just chased a couple of defenders out of our forward line, and he looks like he's blowing big time ... dropping some kg's will only help

Meanwhile, Hannan starts this game looking ominous, which makes me sad

There's some slight glimmer of hope for Tmac with BBB taking the no.1 defender and him dropping considerable weight and (hopefully) regaining his endurance and mobility that was his strength as a forward when he was on top of his game.

We need some of our senior players to regain form in 2021 if we are going to threaten any of the top teams (Jetta, Melksham, Tmac, arguably AVB too).

They don't have to become stars again, but the team needs to be able to rely on them to play their role week in, week out with some A grade performances on occasion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back