Coach Mark Williams set to stay at Melbourne in 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge get. Amazed Mahoney lasted as long as he did. Not saying he didn't do some good things, but with 1 finals appearance in his whole time, most would have sacked him long ago. Anyway, good luck Choco, you'll need it..

Choco coming in as head of development is perfect. We have needed someone who can coach the Oliver's, tracs and brayshaws so we can get the best out of them and this guy is the one to do it

Also why do people keep equating Williams with Mahoneys job. There 2 jobs aren't even slightly the same 😂

It's an upgrade to the football department. Significantly so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man can only imagine what Choco might have been able to do with Bennell, considering he's turned Dusty into a bloody gentleman
I don’t think Bennell and Dusty are that alike, in a weird way. Bennell strikes me as innately being a pretty mature, switched on and reflective bloke who’s obviously been through some rough times and made some very poor decisions and as a result not been able to apply his talent or mentality and landed himself where he is currently footy wise, whereas Dusty is just unapologetically an all out loose unit inside and out who ironically has managed to develop a side to his persona which he can exclusively apply to the one thing he does well, his football, and get decent results to say the least but it doesn’t really mask who he is. Don’t know if they’d get along on a night out.

I don’t think Bennell and Dusty are that alike, in a weird way. Bennell strikes me as innately being a pretty mature, switched on and reflective bloke who’s obviously been through some rough times and made some very poor decisions and as a result not been able to apply his talent or mentality and landed himself where he is currently footy wise, whereas Dusty is just unapologetically an all out loose unit inside and out who ironically has managed to develop a side to his persona which he can exclusively apply to the one thing he does well, his football, and get decent results to say the least but it doesn’t really mask who he is. Don’t know if they’d get along on a night out.
All of that's irrelevant, Choco been an expert at taking young fellas under his wing and mentoring. Has a better chance of ending well for him if chocos already here

Williams has studied and excelled at sports psychology on top of his other skills and experiences.

Proven record at developing younger players and eager to support Goodwin and complement our current setup.

I suspect he will be an all round good person to have at the club.

Williams has studied and excelled at sports psychology on top of his other skills and experiences.

Proven record at developing younger players and eager to support Goodwin and complement our current setup.

I suspect he will be an all round good person to have at the club.
We have quite a decent talent pool of U22yos now to go with our core 23-26yo group which makes up about half of the best 22, which is good. So developing them is key to making sure we don’t fall off a cliff in a decade or so. Worth investing in personnel like Choco.

And I like that we are getting some assistants who have rough edges. Not silk lined underwear types.
It's a footy club; not the Mcc.
Just have to stop you here, whoooooo.

Underwear isn’t traditionally made with a lining. That’s more a thing you would have on a jacket or a coat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back