News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, Collingwood supporters were horrible. The media pushes that we are growing but if you are actually in those communities and even in schools you'll see not much is done.

Why isn't Indigenous Culture a key subject in School Curriculums? Instead we learn about the history of other countries that no one even needs to know.

The AFL media are a joke on issues like this. They've got all these ex-players and hangers on earning a living through being as blokey as possible and hanging s**t on each other, everyone and everything, then they'll suddenly hit a topic and they'll go into politically correct mode and say "but you can't say that." Even though they've just said something very similar about someone who you can say that about.

The process of seeking Walsh’s successor has commenced. It is anticipated that an appointment will be made in the New Year.

The retirement of Walsh would seem to have been unplanned

Could be that, or the club may want to do a thorough external search, and need more time to get suitable candidates to put their name's forward...

Retirements are usually known a long time in advance to give plenty of time to plan succession.

Very good to get the confirmation on JDG and Checkers. Greenwood is a solid signing. At a minimum, offers depth and some good on-field and off-field leadership. They must have been impressed with Tohill's progress this year.

Very good to get the confirmation on JDG and Checkers. Greenwood is a solid signing. At a minimum, offers depth and some good on-field and off-field leadership. They must have been impressed with Tohill's progress this year.
And it doesn't hurt to have another tall progressing. Those dont grow on trees here.

And it doesn't hurt to have another tall progressing. Those dont grow on trees here.
The thing that annoys me, is that the only seeds we are willing to plant, are overseas players or those from another sport.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For years in high school I was racially vilified by mates about being Indigenous. At the time I just laughed them off to fit in, later in life called it out and yeah they apologised and ever since haven't said a thing. I think it's in Hs case he was just trying to fit in, as already he felt like an outsider coming in. The reason people don't speak up about this type of stuff is because of the "Attention seeker" and "Nah he's just wanting money ect" crap that a few posters on here have put on here and shown they have no idea about his situation.

Silenced by fear of reprisal, sucks mate. Feel for people like that.

I didn't report anything to the school about it in the first place I kept to myself, we were young and they were my mates, the headspace was I can't rat on them.
It was about 2 years after high school I called the sh*t out and was met with "oh mate sh*t, I thought you we're happy to take it" and we went from there, now they're more informed and much more respectful.

Pardon the intrusion into this conversation, I would truly hope your mates didn't just dump you after that. Then they'd just be pieces of s**t trying to defend the indefensible but if they rightly apologised and realised their wrong doing, even if unintended and stuck phat with you then kudos to them.

I would truly hope so.

tenor.gif

One of the greats of the game being hounded into retirement by an ugly mob is one of the worst ever things to occur in the AFL. But I do think the racist element is exaggerated. Mix together one part racism, one part mob mentality, one part anti being told what you can and can't do, one part non racist dislike of Adam Goodes. Voila.
Another part people not liking being told they are racist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back