Preview 2020 AFL National Draft Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEOFF PARKER: It’s a different type of nerves tonight with the situation that we are in. We are looking at picking up 2 players tonight.

GEOFF PARKER: Lachie (Jones) has had a very good year. I think he’ll fall somewhere in the middle of the first round.

GEOFF PARKER: There’s no real stand out for number 1. It's rare they are all talls. It's not the easiest of answers this year.

GEOFF PARKER: I think the 2021 draft has a lot more mid-forward type players while this year has a lot of tall players.

GEOFF PARKER: Tyson (Goldsack) is one of the mature players we are considering for the rookie draft. Someone that could help develop our younger players.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Question Bill if no2 is on the table does that mean we dont rate the say top 5 that is if say we ended up with 6 and 7 higher enough to just keep pick 2. Make sense to you what i am trying to saying. So if we have no takers on 2 if we end up drafting one of the top 5 choices that we all talk about would seem strange. All is drafting pick 2 simply to have 2 bites of the cherry in your opinion. Not sure this post makes sense to me now i have read it back but do you get were i am coming from.

I'd suggest we rate the top 5 but our preference would be to turn pick 2 into 2 picks. Am sure we'd be happy to keep it and it does get interesting if the Crows call Hollands name.
I reckon we don't want either of the two talls. But we'll know soon enough.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Aren’t you a little ray of sunshine...
Fair call. Just don't think we should use pick 2 on a kid coming off a major surgery for an injury with a high risk of recurrence. Too big a risk for me. Even PCL's in young players can be a bit of a nightmare. Look at the issues we've had with Will Walker and EVW. Then EVW did his ACL. If we select Hollands then hopefully his rehab all goes smoothly and there's no ongoing issues.

Apr 28, 2001
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like to think we take Thilthorpe, unless we get ridiculous overs.
Overs, overs.... we are drafting for the club’s future, not playing a schoolyard game of who has the biggest. That’s * style and look how well they’ve gone in the last 20 years.

If we rate Thilthorpe ahead of the rest we’ll take him. If we believe we can still get our preferred pick at 4 or below with little risk then we’ll trade and take an extra pick from another club. We will end up ahead... overs don’t enter into it. The only consideration is the risk involved.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd suggest we rate the top 5 but our preference would be to turn pick 2 into 2 picks. Am sure we'd be happy to keep it and it does get interesting if the Crows call Hollands name.
I reckon we don't want either of the two talls. But we'll know soon enough.
They aren’t taking Hollands. Twomney is usually spot on with these things, has stated the choice is down to McDonald vs Thilthorpe.

Well the fu**en draft is tomoz you fool...what else would people be talking about.
Dont bother looking then ya Muppet
Three things

1) it’s a pisstake
2) if you contributed enough on here you would know that this time of year is chaos for this board
3) * off

BlueandWhiteinmyBlood

Club Legend
May 27, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Archie Perkins on SEN atm pretty much flat out explaining and that he has explained to recruiters that a move interstate wouldn’t be a good fit for him. I don’t really think I’ve heard a young bloke come out as honestly as that before. Don’t mind the honesty, not sure on the stance, I would be happy just to be drafted if I were 18 again 😂

Edps phantom draft

3. Elijah Hollands
14. Caleb Poulter
36. Matt Allison
43. Jake Bowey
53. Malachy Carruthers

First Round Phantom 2020.PNG

Second Round Phantom.PNG
Third Round Phantom.PNG

Last edited:
Archie Perkins on SEN atm pretty much flat out explaining and that he has explained to recruiters that a move interstate wouldn’t be a good fit for him. I don’t really think I’ve heard a young bloke come out as honestly as that before. Don’t mind the honesty, not sure on the stance, I would be happy just to be drafted if I were 18 again 😂
Love this

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

How does he feel about venturing to Hobart 4 times a year?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Have a feeling we’ll get Perkins.

Only really has to get through Essendon, Adelaide and GWS are no chance based on that interview.

GWS who were rumored to be keen won’t be going there after their troubles of the last few years.

Sam: Have you told interstate clubs that you don't want to leave Victoria?

Archie Perkins: I have and I hope they take that on board. Personally I feel I'm not ready (to move) in my stage of life and I feel it would impact me.

Archie Perkins: I've spoken to a lot of people and they've said 'I didn't want to move away from Victoria as well' but they didn't say it and I was like 'you could have said it and stay here', I'm just confident enough to say it (that I don't want to leave the state).

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sam: Have you told interstate clubs that you don't want to leave Victoria?

Archie Perkins: I have and I hope they take that on board. Personally I feel I'm not ready (to move) in my stage of life and I feel it would impact me.

Archie Perkins: I've spoken to a lot of people and they've said 'I didn't want to move away from Victoria as well' but they didn't say it and I was like 'you could have said it and stay here', I'm just confident enough to say it (that I don't want to leave the state).

Dons or Roos for Perk

Don’t ******* enter for the NATIONAL draft then you self entitled flog. Can’t stand that. Speaks volumes about his attitude
I found it interesting that he would say that. Certainly calls into question his commitment to play at the highest level whatever he says about it not being an issue. I guess at least interstate clubs know where they stand with him tho. Unlike someone they draft who is looking for a ticket home asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back