Hottest 100 of 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Voting has opened today:

Countdown on the 23rd of Jan, 200-101 on the 24th.

Here's my votes:
1607403786424.png

I came here just now to start this thread. Good to see someone was on the same wavelength!

Yep, that Paranoid Android like a version was a brilliant performance (even if essentially just a straight up cover). Love 'In This State' by Hockey Dad too.

Still trying to figure out my own votes. Have a shortlist of about 40 at the moment and need to mull it over a bit more.

What's everyone's predictions for number 1? Seems like the Spacey Jane with Booster Seat and Glass Animals with Heatwave are what everyone is saying.

This is my "I realise I'm not 22 anymore" moment but gee I find it harder and harder each year to uncover gems amid the general generic dross I hear on Triple J when I try and listen to it

You're not wrong. Then again I don't care for pop, rap, RnB or electronic...so I'm pretty much confined to the indie, rock and punk portions of their rotation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supalonely was in the 120s last year.
Would've been in my votes this year though.
Dammit. I was aware the EP might have snuck through last year and had a glance at the 2019 100 and couldn't see any Stella & Steve there but forgot the 101-200.

Oh well. My 11th was likely Annie's The Bomb, which didn't have a hope. Cheers for picking up the ineligible selection.

some good stuff came out this year, not really sure what to expect from the top 10 but it can't get any worse than the rubbish last year between that ******* Dance Monkey song, Billie winning and snore fests like G-Flip and Mallrat

View attachment 1026021

Yeah, there's less huge hits that are obvious top contenders this year but I think the overall quality of music is actually much better than 2018-19.

Also, solid votes. Trouble's Coming is fantastic.

Also, 100 Warm Tuna's is now up and running for anyone interested.

love to see Warm Tunas every year

I think the best chances at a top 10 finish this year will be that Peking Duk/Wombats collab, two hugely popular jjj artists, song is catchy and they have been flogging it since it came out, Flume's "The Difference", then something by Billie Eilish, Amy Shark (ugh) and Glass Animals. not really sure what else so far, early days

Last edited:
Blinding Lights is like Pumped Up Kicks. Both appeared in the bottom half of the 100 in the years they were released but didn't become hugely popular until the year after. Both would've been close to #1 if they were eligible when they were massive hits (although Pumped Up Kicks would've still been beaten out by Gotye).

Blinding Lights is like Pumped Up Kicks. Both appeared in the bottom half of the 100 in the years they were released but didn't become hugely popular until the year after. Both would've been close to #1 if they were eligible when they were massive hits (although Pumped Up Kicks would've still been beaten out by Gotye).
I read that Blinding Lights came out 2 days before voting opened.

Would have easily gone #1 if it came out a bit later.

Also, there weren't many Like A Versions I was big on this year but I think my favourite was the pr0n Crumpets one:

But it wasn't in the list.

It's an absolutely awesome LAV but missed the cut off by a couple of days so will be eligible next year instead unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back