Club Focus Collingwood 2020 - Henry, Macrae, McInnes, Poulter, McMahon, McCreery

AFL Club Focus
2019 Collingwood club focus thread

Data from footywire. To check the draft order (updated weekly) see the thread here.

Old navy

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2014
Eastern Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

What am I reading ?, if GCS had no intention of doing that trade, then why even mention Tralaor, why not just say pick one is off the table ?
You said I was making s**t up, its been made pretty clear that I wasn’t, how about you man up and apologise?
A simple “sorry mate wasn’t aware that they’d had those discussions” it won’t kill you and then you may come off as a reasonable poster, that can admit when there wrong.

What am I reading ?, if GCS had no intention of doing that trade, then why even mention Tralaor, why not just say pick one is off the table ?
You said I was making sh*t up, its been made pretty clear that I wasn’t, how about you man up and apologise?
A simple “sorry mate wasn’t aware that they’d had those discussions” it won’t kill you and then you may come off as a reasonable poster, that can admit when there wrong.

Of course they would have done the deal of Treloar for 1 (if he agreed to go).

They would have done Treloar for 5 and 900k as well if he was willing to pack his bags.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
What are you talking about?

You.

3 times you quoted me wrongly.

Read what the Essendon supporter wrote. He quoted Rendell who was talking about Will Phillips but replied to a conversation about Nick Daicos.

Rendell said Phillips has Rowells work ethic but not talent.

He said it in response to Daicos and Apex said hed never heard that. I said because it didnt happen.

You then quoted me saying it did happen but quoted the actual Nick Daicos Rendell comments which were irrelevant to the original posters rendell (meant for Phillips) comments...

Phew...

You.

3 times you quoted me wrongly.

Read what the Essendon supporter wrote. He quoted Rendell who was talking about Will Phillips but replied to a conversation about Nick Daicos.

Rendell said Phillips has Rowells work ethic but not talent.

He said it in response to Daicos and Apex said hed never heard that. I said because it didnt happen.

You then quoted me saying it did happen but quoted the actual Nick Daicos Rendell comments which were irrelevant to the original posters rendell (meant for Phillips) comments...

Phew...

Makes sense now, you didn't use the quote function properly.....

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would pies supporters be happy if say a bid for reef comes at 1 pick before 2nd first rounder currently in 16 (if no trade with crows is done for 9 & 24) and dogs got JUH at pick 3 would they trade 16 dogs future 2nd and pies future 3rd. For dogs future first and remaining 3 3rd round picks. This means the Treloar deal ends up a future first and 3 3rd round picks for 2 2nd round picks a 3rd round pick and a future 3rd round pick. This makes the trade look somewhat better for treloar. netting points for reef in the first round and a future 1st for Treloar instead of a future 2nd 2 future 1sts are better than 1 at getting a pick before daicos.

This is just a scenario though.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would pies supporters be happy if say a bid for reef comes at 1 pick before 2nd first rounder currently in 16 (if no trade with crows is done for 9 & 24) and dogs got JUH at pick 3 would they trade 16 dogs future 2nd and pies future 3rd. For dogs future first and remaining 3 3rd round picks. This means the Treloar deal ends up a future first and 3 3rd round picks for 2 2nd round picks a 3rd round pick and a future 3rd round pick. This makes the trade look somewhat better for treloar. netting points for reef in the first round and a future 1st for Treloar instead of a future 2nd 2 future 1sts are better than 1 at getting a pick before daicos.

This is just a scenario though.
Why would we?

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Surely the pies want to move up to make sure they get 2 picks in before McInnes. And with Daicos next year their 1st rounder doesn't have much value to them. You'd think something like 7+8 from Essendon for 14, 16 and their future 1st might be a reasonable deal for both parties.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surely the pies want to move up to make sure they get 2 picks in before McInnes. And with Daicos next year their 1st rounder doesn't have much value to them. You'd think something like 7+8 from Essendon for 14, 16 and their future 1st might be a reasonable deal for both parties.
Their future first could potentially be worth a lot more next year. Clubs are trying to panic them into trading.

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Their future first could potentially be worth a lot more next year. Clubs are trying to panic them into trading.

That seems unlikely. Daicos is currently predicted to go top 3 and the Pies shouldn't finish anywhere near the bottom 4. With their cap and still paying a chunk of Treloar's wage it looks unlikely that they'll be able to target a big name on good money. So chances are next year the Pies are left with a useless pick 8-12 that they have to trade down for extra points for Daicos or try to trade for a future pick.

The worst case scenario for Collingwood is McInnes gets bid by Adelaide at pick ~11 and Daicos goes before their first next year so they get McInnes, Pick ~19 and Daicos over the next 2 drafts. If they do 7+8 for 14, 16 and future 1st they'll get pick 7, 8, McInnes and Daicos. It's a big difference and all they'll give up is some picks that are likely 30+ next year. Not sure Essendon would go for it but it seems like the type of thing Collingwood should really try.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That seems unlikely. Daicos is currently predicted to go top 3 and the Pies shouldn't finish anywhere near the bottom 4. With their cap and still paying a chunk of Treloar's wage it looks unlikely that they'll be able to target a big name on good money. So chances are next year the Pies are left with a useless pick 8-12 that they have to trade down for extra points for Daicos or try to trade for a future pick.

The worst case scenario for Collingwood is McInnes gets bid by Adelaide at pick ~11 and Daicos goes before their first next year so they get McInnes, Pick ~19 and Daicos over the next 2 drafts. If they do 7+8 for 14, 16 and future 1st they'll get pick 7, 8, McInnes and Daicos. It's a big difference and all they'll give up is some picks that are likely 30+ next year. Not sure Essendon would go for it but it seems like the type of thing Collingwood should really try.
I agree they trade it for more points I just think they’ll get a much better deal for it next year.

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I agree they trade it for more points I just think they’ll get a much better deal for it next year.

Maybe but the risk is having McInnes bid on before their picks this year. If they can trade next year's first slightly cheaper but guarantee 2 picks before him this year and know Daicos is there's anyway that'll be a much better deal than having to give up a first to match this year and then getting slightly more for their first next year.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Um, the worst case scenario is that he gets picked at one. Not that it is likely to happen but a selection with pick 11 cannot be the worst case.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Article on the Age site saying it’s believed Essendon are a big chance to bid on Reef with one of their top 10 picks. But hard to imagine pies getting in before 6 with a trade.
They need to hold onto that pick for now tighter than Nathan is holding his little black book.

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where the McInnes bid comes in is hard to predict. He's been reported as being likely to attract a bid anywhere from the early Essendon picks, out to the 30s.

Opinions on him seem highly varied among those in the know.

Back