Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

As for pick 2, I personally wouldn't be moving it on, but if Essendon were as desperate as we all know they are for a decent big forward then they would have to pay through the arse for us to even entertain it. Something along the lines of:

North - 2, 16 (from Collingwood trade above)
Essendon - 6, 7, 8, 2021 1st round

It's an obscene price to pay, but if they want the 'generational' key forward then that's the price, otherwise we walk away from the table, grab who we want with pick 2 and they can enjoy having Peter Wright and James Stewart as their key forwards.

It wouldn’t even be allowed to happen, don’t pick trades have to be within 10% of the points value?
True, although future picks don't have a specific valuation and if you throw in a player that also makes it more flexible, so there have been some pretty whacky trades as a result of that.

If our future first was pick 18 though it's already out by about 2400 points (pick 2.5)...

KM has lost the plot. Pick 6, 7, 8, our future 1st + pick upgrades to Hawthorn for pick 4. WTF? Someone tell me he is trolling so that it makes sense.

I mean, that's the same ask that North Melbourne fans had if we wanted pick 2, except I don't think they wanted any pick upgrades.

But they were Norf fans.

And this guy is supposed to be an 'expert'....

KM has lost the plot. Pick 6, 7, 8, our future 1st + pick upgrades to Hawthorn for pick 4. WTF? Someone tell me he is trolling so that it makes sense.

His double down is just as bad.

I mean, that's the same ask that North Melbourne fans had if we wanted pick 2, except I don't think they wanted any pick upgrades.

But they were Norf fans.

And this guy is supposed to be an 'expert'....
Yeah I was turned off when he mentioned he didn't watch WA and SA games because he needed a subscription.
I read that not as Knightmare saying we would do the deal but mire that is what Hawthorn would ask for.
Yeah obviously we wouldn't do the deal because if we did, everyone involved would be dismissed.

Even suggesting 6, 7, 8 and a future first is what Hawthorn would ask for is delusional. Not even bigfooty nuffies would go there.
Unless I missed some sarcasm in that post, it's fairly ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it is. Using the "weak draft" and McDonald's potential as an excuse is pretty funny when you know he doesn't watch subscription-only junior games.

Not even Dustin Martin is worth 6, 7, 8 and a future first.
For that I'd be demanding prime Judd and prime Ablett.

This U26 thread on the main board is something else.

This poster has posted multiple posts this length about how good Rioli is.

The below is some of the attributes he’s using to describe Rioli.

Zac Fisher is about a year younger than Rioli, looks a fair prospect but he has it all to prove yet to get to Rioli’s standing in the game. Can he leap into packs? Spread hard defensively? And to attack? And for four quarters every single match? Crash packs to create chances for teammates? Kick big goals in big games? Play totally selfless, team first footy? These are some of the questions he will need to answer before he can be considered better than Rioli.

Cuningham is Rioli’s age. Another solid player. But again, can he close down space like Rioli? Can he do several searching sprints one after the other with no realistic prospect of touching the ball in that passage of play and then do that for a whole game, a whole finals series? These are things yet to be proven, and I am not confident he will be able to do those things. We KNOW Rioli can and does do them

I’m convinced. Daniel Rioli is not only the best Rioli to have played AFL, but the single best player the league has ever seen.

"Can he do several searching sprints one after the other with no realistic prospect of touching the ball in that passage of play and then do that for a whole game, a whole finals series?"
Sounds pretty much like Daniel rioli to a tee. Plays whole games looking like he won't touch the ball or impact the game.

This U26 thread on the main board is something else.

This poster has posted multiple posts this length about how good Rioli is.

The below is some of the attributes he’s using to describe Rioli.

I’m convinced. Daniel Rioli is not only the best Rioli to have played AFL, but the single best player the league has ever seen.

Wow, that fawning over a Rioli gives Bruce McAvaney a run for his money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back