Who do you want to take at pick 3?

Who do you realistically want the Swans to draft with pick 3?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's a question. If we draft DGB then it will free Macartin to play at CHF.
If Macartin was in this draft would you take him at pick 3 knowing what we know about his talent?

So here's a question. If we draft DGB then it will free Macartin to play at CHF.
If Macartin was in this draft would you take him at pick 3 knowing what we know about his talent?
I doubt it.

Draftees are like new cars - 99.5% of them lose value the moment you drive them off the lot.

I reckon McCartin would, with the benefit of hindsight, be around the 8-10 mark in his draft.

Perhaps the question should be whether you would take Macartin ahead of Macdonald or Thilthorpe?
If McCartin was born a few days later he wouldn’t have been eligible for the draft. From memory the view was that if he was in the following years draft he was a prospective top 10 pick. So he would be up there with the likes of McDonald.

DGB is only 78kg and 195cm so he is going to take a couple of years before he is strong enough to play as a KPD but the thought of having Macartin at CHF and DGB at CHB is starting to appeal to me.

As the main KPD maybe but he could slot in the team in round 1 as the 3rd tall in defence. KPD's are usually able to cement themselves into the team faster than KPF's.

DGB is only 78kg and 195cm so he is going to take a couple of years before he is strong enough to play as a KPD but the thought of having Macartin at CHF and DGB at CHB is starting to appeal to me.

Rance played early for the Tigers

I think he can definitely play early but a couple of years before he can play on the bigger guys.

That's fine, we have Ramps and Melican to do that role for a few years anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gould 191 vs Melican 195 vs Rampe 187
Dane says hello.
Dane says hello for only 3 more years then says goodbye.
DGB and McCartin could become the best 2 defenders at any club anywhere for a decade. DGB will be climbing goal posts and leaping tall chain fences and doing things that will astound us under Sir Dane's tutelage.

Dane says hello for only 3 more years then says goodbye.
DGB and McCartin could become the best 2 defenders at any club anywhere for a decade. DGB will be climbing goal posts and leaping tall chain fences and doing things that will astound us under Sir Dane's tutelage.
We're travelling on parallel lines.
I suggested Gould was in the race to be a KPD. He said too short. I pointed out at Sir Dane is 4cm shorter and does a very fair job.
You may well be 100% right that around 2024 TMcC and DGB could be best in the business.
But if Gould is too short, so is Dane, yet he is AA standard. Perhaps there is more to it than height!

We're travelling on parallel lines.
I suggested Gould was in the race to be a KPD. He said too short. I pointed out at Sir Dane is 4cm shorter and does a very fair job.
You may well be 100% right that around 2024 TMcC and DGB could be best in the business.
But if Gould is too short, so is Dane, yet he is AA standard. Perhaps there is more to it than height!
I reckon that Gould is the Rampe third tall. Can play tall and small. DGB and Big Mac as talls with Gould as third tall.

I reckon that Gould is the Rampe third tall. Can play tall and small. DGB and Big Mac as talls with Gould as third tall.

Correct for me. McCartin the CHB, and if we draft DGB he's the fullback

That would certainly do me.
I'm a bit more concerned atm who will replace Harry (now 27?). My preference is Wicks, but who knows. Might not need Lloyd by then or maybe Campbell.

AFL DRAFT 2020
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ryan Fitzgerald not hosting the draft on Fox Footy.

Fear no.1 dispelled.

That would certainly do me.
I'm a bit more concerned atm who will replace Harry (now 27?). My preference is Wicks, but who knows. Might not need Lloyd by then or maybe Campbell.
I was looking at that too. We will have too many defenders. But then I realised if we go Phillips we have the same problem of too many midfielders. ie the young guys do not get a look in. If we go McDonald its the only option where we do not have depth.

I came to the conclusion that we have built depth either as experience or as genuine A or B grade draftees on our list. We have genuine depth.

Lots on here did not like it that Fox was getting delisted. It split families and marriages and caused consternation that we were delisting a good player. I think that is something we have to get used to because I think the Swans have genuine depth if not on experience then on talent.

if Logan Macdonald is still available we should take Logan Macdonald over Denver Grainger. He is a born forward who will be a star. Killed it in the WAFL this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back