he's also tall​

placeholder for all you maniacs

Last edited by a moderator:
May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Club three: "It's very hard to find players like Riley Thilthorpe. He's big, competitive, athletic and a genuine footballer. He'd be the one for me."

Club eight: "Thilthorpe is it for us. His talent puts him ahead and the way the game is going, with his running ability and dual role he really fits into the way it's played."

Club 11: "Thilthorpe would be ahead for me, bearing in mind his medical was all good. It's so rare to find players who can do what he does."

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Never in doubt. Always my man. :)

Love the way this lad attacks a pack.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
I see a lot of bust potential in Riley which makes me worried, though hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

We better not be thinking of turning him into a ruck though.
I am in the “hope to be proven wrong” group. And also the “we better not be using pick 2 on a ruck” group.

As a draftee he has limited scope for physical development, and lots of scope for learning forward craft. Banking on our development coaching to turn his raw physical attributes into leading forward.

I can see him being a slow build like Himmelberg and Fogarty. Let’s see how he develops.

Lucky we don't have Ben Hart as a forwards coach any more

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Club three: "It's very hard to find players like Riley Thilthorpe. He's big, competitive, athletic and a genuine footballer. He'd be the one for me."

Club eight: "Thilthorpe is it for us. His talent puts him ahead and the way the game is going, with his running ability and dual role he really fits into the way it's played."

Club 11: "Thilthorpe would be ahead for me, bearing in mind his medical was all good. It's so rare to find players who can do what he does."

“AFL.com.au surveyed 12 clubs about who they would take with the top choice if Ugle-Hagan was unavailable.

Four clubs said they would take Grainger-Barras, four said McDonald and three went with Thilthorpe, while Hollands received one vote.”

Not sure how to interpret this. Grainger-Barass ended up drafted at 6 (4th of non-academy).

Back