Weight 86kg
Current Team Perth, Western Australia Sydney Swans
Birthday April 4, 2002

Recruited from: Perth FC, WAFL / Aquinas College
Position: Tall forward
Cal Twomey’s draft range: 1-5

McDonald.jpg

Last edited:

TBH he didn't seem all that thrilled. The furthest west he could have been is Port.
Maybe he's a quiet fella.
Hope he settles in and kills it.
#4 in the draft ain't chicken feed!

I got that impression aswell.

We have taken the risk which I agree with, but eagles and dockers will already be into him. Need to extend him asap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great get. Anyone doubting this choice has rocks in their head. He was low key the one I wanted but I didn’t honestly expect it.

He could be a Coleman medalist or bust, we won’t know yet, but can’t fault the club for this choice. They selected the number one KPF in the draft instead of a wishy washy mid or some out of nowhere pick.

Isn’t that what most of us were a screaming for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBH he didn't seem all that thrilled. The furthest west he could have been is Port.
Maybe he's a quiet fella.
Hope he settles in and kills it.
#4 in the draft ain't chicken feed!
Might just be his personality.
Heard him interviewed on road to the draft podcast and he was the same. Just a subdued temperament kind of bloke.
Was never going to end up in Perth anyway.
Great pick-up.

Stoked with this pick, our Key Positions stocks were in desperate need for an injection of top end talent and talented KPF's are like gold. Can't believe he actually got through.
Definitely the right call no matter the outcome ends up in hindsight.....granted the risk is all that much easier to take when we get a local free hit at the very next pick.

I want Beaston to tells us how much of a chance he thought McDonald was to slide to us.

It wasn't entirely a surprise. Twomey seemed convinced we'd be in a position to choose between McDonald and DGB. He gets good mail from us methinks since he also called it being between Stephens and Flanders last year.

I'm guessing if an AFL journo thought it was a realistic scenario, Beatson would've known it was too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back