• 6. Bid on McInnes, Collingwood match
  • 7. Perkins
  • 8. Cox
  • 9. Bruhn
Scenario 3-
  • 6. Bid on McInnes, Collingwood match
  • 7. Perkins
  • 8. Cox
  • 9. O'Driscoll or Poulter. Also open to splitting this pick with another club for two late first rounders and taking O'Driscoll and Poulter together.

6. Perkins
7. Cox
8. Reid
35. Brand
48. Eyre

(I still don't know how the Brand/Eyre picks work with bidding and matching and all of that)

Tbf I think most people figured we'd go Perkins at 6/whatever it got pushed back into.

True - is there a difference for the players, as in which order they get drafted? The AFL draft system still confuses me to no end.

I know in the NBA, the 1st Round picks have set contracts/salaries in line with where they're picked - I don't think the AFL does that..?

True - is there a difference for the players, as in which order they get drafted? The AFL draft system still confuses me to no end.

I know in the NBA, the 1st Round picks have set contracts/salaries in line with where they're picked - I don't think the AFL does that..?
There's a bonus for the kid taken at Pick 1 and I think first rounders get paid more, but I don't think where they're taken in the first round affects their salary. I'm not sure about any of this and could easily be wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a bonus for the kid taken at Pick 1 and I think first rounders get paid more, but I don't think where they're taken in the first round affects their salary. I'm not sure about any of this and could easily be wrong.
Yeah Pick 1 gets a bunch of stuff from NAB, I think pick 1, 2, 3 get some extra stuff for doing media for the AFL, and as you said earlier picks have a slightly higher pay (it's actually cut off by the pick number rather than the round, so there'd be one kid this year that was pick 21 who is gonna get 10k less than the kid picked before him but both are first round selections).

Although we don't really know what the salaries are atm since they've renegotiated it without publishing the new/amended/temporary CBA (whichever it is).

This is the original 2017-2022 CBA:
Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 13.15.22.png Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 13.15.42.png

Rookies:
Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 13.15.52.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back