Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Stoked with this pick, our Key Positions stocks were in desperate need for an injection of top end talent and talented KPF's are like gold. Can't believe he actually got through.
Definitely the right call no matter the outcome ends up in hindsight.....granted the risk is all that much easier to take when we get a local free hit at the very next pick.

I wouldn't go that far.

Must be inspiring for a young highly touted key forward to get drafted to the club. Try and write his name next to our forward superstars over the years in Lockett, buddy,hall and to a lesser extent capper

Either the club had this template ready to go for Thilthorpe or they're going to piss a lot of people off with their plans for McDonald: '
Sydney Swans secure key ruckman and local duo'

Either the club had this template ready to go for Thilthorpe or they're going to piss a lot of people off with their plans for McDonald: '

The clubs social media is an embarrassment. Whoever is running that is a moron.

Must be inspiring for a young highly touted key forward to get drafted to the club. Try and write his name next to our forward superstars over the years in Lockett, buddy,hall and to a lesser extent capper
Hope we get Lockett to come out and put a few sessions into the kid the way he did a couple of years ago. With Buddy as well and people like Mickey O around you would think it would raise him up a bit.

It says key forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at that I think the main positive I think is that McDonald doesn't get his goals in one way. He seems to get his goals in many different ways which to me is a positive because it means he is more likely to make it at an AFL level compared to an underage 200cm key forward who gets all his goals as a simple result of being taller than his opponent, something that almost never translates well into the AFL.

Notice he juggles some of his marks, but most of the time his hands seem pretty solid.

swansfan51 your opinion on this selection please?
Its always nice when we pick someone out of the WAFL as I have usually watched them play. I've seen more of McDonald than most because he was playing seniors all year (not Colts), will put up something probably tomorrow :)

Its the first time in memory we've drafted a key forward. It feels a bit odd.
I think the last time we drafted one that made the grade was Sam Reid. Last time we used a high pick on one was......Anthony Rocca!

(most of our "developed" key forwards were in the second/third rounds - O'Loughlin, Goodes, LRT, Reid)

EDIT: Forgot about Lewis Johnston somehow lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its the first time in memory we've drafted a key forward. It feels a bit odd.

But he's gonna be good.

Really good.

Lewis Johnston would like a chat with you.

Not a flight risk yer?
No idea, I just see the play - I wrote an extremely accurate profile about Elijah Taylor but was at pains to say I don't go to the pub with these guys so I can't judge their characters.

Turns out he was a piece of s**t :shrug: so not going to start amateur psychology on McDonald!

I am terrible at this but what sort of weight can we expect McDonald to put on? Does he have a body like Blakey who will most likely always be a bit thin, or does he have a body capable of reaching 100kg and being able to throw his weight around a bit?

I am terrible at this but what sort of weight can we expect McDonald to put on? Does he have a body like Blakey who will most likely always be a bit thin, or does he have a body capable of reaching 100kg and being able to throw his weight around a bit?
Think the Riewoldts.

Just hope we got Nick, not Jack.

Its always nice when we pick someone out of the WAFL as I have usually watched them play. I've seen more of McDonald than most because he was playing seniors all year (not Colts), will put up something probably tomorrow :)

Meets your List Management 101 of always pick the key forward, I guess I'll be interested to see what you think he can add to our side both short and long term.

I've seen a couple of articles (pre-draft) where Logan was asked about the 'go home' factor.

In one he said he would "repay the faith" of whichever club drafted him and in the second he laughed off the notion of WA bred players moving back home, indicating he wanted to be a one club player.
Yep talk is cheap, but my sense is he seems to be an understated, sensible, but nonetheless driven individual, who knew relocation was on the cards, is ready for it and will fully embrace the Swans for many a year to come.

Dunno, but he needs to start ASAP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back