UEFA Champions League 2020/21 - Chelsea FC Champions.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Lot's of spots in the balance here.

Atletico v RB Salzburg, Real v Moenchengladbach and Inter v Shakhtar.

Real ahead early means they will progress which is a shame, would be hilarious to see them in the Europa League.

The situation is not exactly black and white (pun intended). There is a nuance here and when that nuance is taken into account this appears to be an overreaction.

The official should choose his words better and I have no doubt they would if they had that moment again. There is ZERO evidence of ill intent. The individual was answering the question of another in a high pressure moment where succinct communication waa needed.

Imagine if someone works at a service desk in a hardware store and this scenario occurs.

A male comes up and asks for advice on products in the paints aisle.

The person at the service desk calls for the employee with the best knowledge to come and assist.

The male needing assistance returns to the paint aisle where there are multiple customers around.

The employee with knowledge of paints passes the service desk on the way to the paint aisle and asks which customer they are looking for. The person at the service desk responds "tall male, African appearance (or dark skin, black skin etc) , yellow shirt in the paints aisle".

In the store at that moment more than 95% of people are of Caucasian appearance. Is the employee at the service desk racist or simply communicating to enable the employee to find the customer efficiently?

Embarrassing how all media pundits seemingly back the players 100% to take a poltically correct stance and fan the flames of this controversy.
We’re talking about a game of football where players have their name and a large number printed on their jersey to identify.

1607552579656.png

Gladbach most undeserved qualifiers. Beat up on Shaktar twice, otherwise got 2 pts from 4 games
But Inter weren’t good enough to score in 180 mins against Shaktar and lost both games against Real

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
The best time wasting is when you are playing for a 0-0 draw but you still have a chance to stay in the CL with a win. Well played, Shakhtar.
Yeah, watching that you can only assume they really wanted to stay in Europe and figured Europa League was better than nothing rather that try to go for it and potentially lose to Inter and miss out on Europe altogether.

Shaktar should have had a crack at winning and going through to CL R16 instead of settling for Europa. Dirty Bird must be disappointed.
I started work at kickoff, the first 2 hours of my shift I had my phone out checking live commentary.

Ive looked at the positive.

When the draw came out I gave up there and then. I dont think I've ever seen such a deadly group in any international competition, club, national, europe, world. Anything.

Interest came up when we beat Madrid 3-2, but that was dashed with a 0-1-2 -10gd in the next 3 games.

Hope came back after beating Madrid again.

Today I was dissapointed we failed to get to the knockout stages as we were so close, however, if you told me when the draw came out we'd even finish 3rd and go to the Europa League I would've taken it.

I expected max 5 points. 3 more? That's a bonus.

But Inter weren’t good enough to score in 180 mins against Shaktar and lost both games against Real
Just on this, our defence has been trash all season, only 6 clean sheets from 19 games, yet, ironically, 4 of them have been in our hardest 7 games. (3 in Champions league, then 1 vs our domestic rival in the league)

Back