2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Putting Townsend on the rookie list is much easier to stomach then using a senior list spot on him when we were cutting players left and right IMO.

Although the Holland pick makes him absolutely obsolete now surely?

Corbett, Holland, Flanders, Holman, Lemmens, Macpherson, Ainsworth, Rankine, Sexton, Rosas, Farrar, Ace, Jeffries

More than 2 forward lines worth of small/medium forwards already.
Hollands won't play a game in 2021 is my guess with his knee. Townsend also can play taller as a key forward, did so for Essendon this year, would be handy in our reserves as we can't really rely on 2 project players as our 2 key forwards, I suspect they will be very found out at a VFL level.

Hollands won't play a game in 2021 is my guess with his knee. Townsend also can play taller as a key forward, did so for Essendon this year, would be handy in our reserves as we can't really rely on 2 project players as our 2 key forwards, I suspect they will be very found out at a VFL level.
I think you are right that he won’t play as the club will be conservative but I hope the club does backflip and give him a taste of senior football near the end of the season. I think it’s important as it would spur him on and it can be hard being away from family and not playing, we need him to buy in and feel part of the club

I think you are right that he won’t play as the club will be conservative but I hope the club does backflip and give him a taste of senior football near the end of the season. I think it’s important as it would spur him on and it can be hard being away from family and not playing, we need him to buy in and feel part of the club
He may play some VFL at the end of the season and get a taste for it.

I reckon he plays late in the year.

Hollands reaction is one of the best I have seen.
Absolutely brilliant reaction! He was so articulate and enthusiastic on SEN radio this morning! Flying up to the Gold Coast at 3pm tomorrow, staying with Josh Corbett.

You hope he plays in 2021.You don't want him to be out of action for 2 years. His father said they will be conservative and recovery should take 13-14 months. That's March-April, then 1-2 months in reserves and hopefully AFL debut in second half of the season.

If we get Townsend it's probably to have a good character and mature body around our kids, playing mostly in reserves. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. We got more than enough kids - like 13 mostly with no games or 1-2 games under belt. Nicholls and Fyfe look far from ready to debut. Davies and Jeffrey I can see to get some games.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate do you have to be so negative from what I have heard is that kid gave his heart and soul to the club and probably achieved more than you will every do.
When the details of the club who pick him up come through you should be man enough to apoligise. In the mean time be happy with Rosa, Ace, Murtagh and Conroy who will never make it and only were picked due to their demographics and backstories and unfortunetely that is a fact
To say that Rosas will not make is complete BS in my opinion. He is more talented than any academy kids you constantly promote. He may still not make it for whatever season but I would take him every time over any academy kids after Davies and Jeffrey this year.

Mate do you have to be so negative from what I have heard is that kid gave his heart and soul to the club and probably achieved more than you will every do.
When the details of the club who pick him up come through you should be man enough to apoligise. In the mean time be happy with Rosa, Ace, Murtagh and Conroy who will never make it and only were picked due to their demographics and backstories and unfortunetely that is a fact

Now who is being negative...

Let's go Jacob! Hope he teaches the young boys the standards required.

Would much rather him than another 18 year old development/project kid. Get him influencing games for us in the 2s so that we win more often than not, which in turn helps develop our guys in that team.

Geez you upset me saying Rosa, Ace don't make it, Murtagh and Conroy more project based.

Just watched the rookie draft and didn’t see his name read out.. was this club a QAFL team by chance? I think it’s you who now owes me an apology mate

Standard, Rowell, Anderson
SKILL : LUKOSIUS
Showmanship : Rankine

Townsend : how to safe for retirement ( super) standard and guildline .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back