Welcome to the Kennel, Lachlan McNeil!

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
#51 Lachlan McNeil (League)

In a game where all the Eagles youngsters contributed well, McNeil was the best of the bunch. He provided relentless run along the wing and used the ball as well as anyone. McNeil’s high work rate allowed him to take a host of marks on the outer side. He used the ball well and his teammates clearly looked for him to hit a target going inside 50. But the clear highlight of his game was a terrific running goal in the second quarter, which featured two bounces and a beautiful finish. He concluded the match with 23 disposals, nine marks, two tackles, three clearances and six inside 50s. The Clare product missed out on being drafted as an 18-year-old last year, but after a great performance on Grand Final day and a consistent season at senior level with the Eagles, McNeil could find himself a home at AFL level at the second time of asking.

Scouting notes from the SANFL Grand Final

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
#51 Lachlan McNeil (League)

In a game where all the Eagles youngsters contributed well, McNeil was the best of the bunch. He provided relentless run along the wing and used the ball as well as anyone. McNeil’s high work rate allowed him to take a host of marks on the outer side. He used the ball well and his teammates clearly looked for him to hit a target going inside 50. But the clear highlight of his game was a terrific running goal in the second quarter, which featured two bounces and a beautiful finish. He concluded the match with 23 disposals, nine marks, two tackles, three clearances and six inside 50s. The Clare product missed out on being drafted as an 18-year-old last year, but after a great performance on Grand Final day and a consistent season at senior level with the Eagles, McNeil could find himself a home at AFL level at the second time of asking.

Scouting notes from the SANFL Grand Final
I will be going back and watching some of his games

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just finished the first quarter of the SANFL grand final. Can't say I noticed him previously as I was mainly focusing on Jones. Has played so far as a defensive wingman patrolling the fat side of the ground laid a few good tackles and had a running shot at goal from 50 which sprayed out of bounds.

When I heard small mid I didn't have high hopes but I'm sold do yourself a favour and check out the second quarter of the SANFL grand final.
Just watched that quarter. Impressive work rate and a touch of flair to go with it.

We might have factored in his improvement trajectory in assessing him. Dalrymple loved to pluck out kids who were on a rapid development curve (e.g. Bont).

Lachie McWho, 19, only debuted this year and seems to have come on quickly during the season, averaging 18.6 disposals. Topped off with 23 disposals and a goal in the GF.

He's looks much better than Cal Porter, as a point of reference, but SANFL's obviously a different level to AFL senior footy.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just watched that quarter. Impressive work rate and a touch of flair to go with it.

We might have factored in his improvement trajectory in assessing him. Dalrymple loved to pluck out kids who were on a rapid development curve (e.g. Bont).

Lachie McWho, 19, only debuted this year and seems to have come on quickly during the season, averaging 18.6 disposals. Topped off with 23 disposals and a goal in the GF.

He's looks much better than Cal Porter, as a point of reference, but SANFL's obviously a different level to AFL senior footy.
Never get sick of toumpas and hartung running around

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Here are his stats from the 2020 SANFL GF, managed to get 114 Champion Data Ranking Points as well which is impressive from a 19 year old in a GF.

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 5.53.46 pm.png

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This year I think the non-Hunter wing will be played mostly by inside mids rotating through, but I'm glad we've brought someone in who can work towards that wing position. His tackle stats in u18s were exceptional.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
This kid might be a few things. Inside, outside, half-back, half-forward, small forward. Players that can run, use it well, and win ground ball can find a role in todays game. I'm looking forward to seeing what he eventually becomes.

Here's a little interview with the lad. Interviewer looks like Bruce Mcavaney's grandson.

Clearly Lachies No1 fan! Anybody on this board wanting to claim him as there own is already too late.

The Western Bulldogs just picked up a new junior member in young Andrew

Back