Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING TO ALL VISITORS TO THE GEELONG BOARD. You are - for the most part - welcome to discuss the current list management & trading situation at Geelong. However, this is our board, so be respectful of the home board posters & don't inflame arguments (make your points succinctly and move on). And if you're just here to troll, then don't bother or you will be enjoying a holiday

Sumich was the u18 WA coach. He hasn't worked at the Eagles for years. He left to coach Freo and missed out on the job at the Eagles. Bit of bad blood there now is the word.

So how exactly have West Coast committed draft tampering?

Thoughts on the Vic kid telling interstate club's not to draft him?
And still the Weagles angst goes on. All those picks you gave up for a mature player that you snubbed for years went on a top 5 fwd for us.

Why are you even here apart from to create conflict and drama?

I've made it quite clear where I stand about the 'Vic kid' and his very public preferences but he won't be the first & after this year definitely won't be the last.

Edit - He (Perkins) didn't come to our club or yours, why the interest?

Last edited:
And still the Weagles angst goes on. All those picks you gave up for a mature player that you snubbed for years went on a top 5 fwd for us.

I've made it quite clear where I stand about the 'Vic kid' and his very public preferences but he won't be the first & after this year definitely won't be the last.

Actually I came on here to get a better understanding on who the Cats selected.

Noted the strange left field accusation that the Eagles were draft tampering from a Geelong poster. And yes the Eagles angst continues.......with strange accusations of draft tampering?

Instead of avoiding And deflecting the question why not address it. Do you think the Eagles cheated as suggested?

Sumich was the u18 WA coach. He hasn't worked at the Eagles for years. He left to coach Freo and missed out on the job at the Eagles. Bit of bad blood there now is the word.

So how exactly have West Coast committed draft tampering?

Thoughts on the Vic kid telling interstate club's not to draft him?

To be honest, that's actually quite fair, if Sumich isn't part of your program. Just find it odd that Trew slipped that far, without any other club having a look.

Seems a fair few posters from different clubs thought that Sumich was a lot more involved - hence the line of thinking. Looks like I jumped the gun on that one, and happy to admit it :)

Think Perkins is an absolute tool and said so on the main board - a new rival in the 'knob off' stakes with Stringer, I believe were my sentiments

To be honest, that's actually quite fair, if Sumich isn't part of your program. Just find it odd that Trew slipped that far, without any other club having a look.

Think Perkins is an absolute tool and said so on the main board - a new rival in the 'knob off' stakes with Stringer, I believe were my sentiments

Cheers. It's easy to assume an ex player and coach is still "batting for his old club" but Sumich has been on the outer for a while now.

Trew also interviewed poorly and was very, very pro Swans. That's where he wanted to go so that may have put a few club's off as well.

He fits a desperate need at the Eagles and hey who knows, in a couple of years they can trade him for Logan McDonald!

Last edited:

Actually I came on here to get a better understanding on who the Cats selected.

Noted the strange left field accusation that the Eagles were draft tampering from a Geelong poster. And yes the Eagles angst continues.......with strange accusations of draft tampering?

Instead of avoiding And deflecting the question why not address it. Do you think the Eagles cheated as suggested?
You have been a lil bit selective with your quoted post. I neither know nor care if Weagles tampered. They wouldn't be the 1st, in this draft or previous. Good luck with Zane, he can play football.

The issue for me is you guys via BF continue to put the boots into the Cats without reason.

You get what you pay for.

MOVE ON FROM THE KELLY DISCUSSION - not at all relevant to this years trade period

He was traded over 12 months ago and is now happily an Eagles player

If folks want to continue discussion on Kelly then take it elsewhere, like maybe the Eagles board since he is an Eagles player

MOVE ON FROM THE KELLY DISCUSSION - not at all relevant to this years trade period

He was traded over 12 months ago and is now happily an Eagles player

If folks want to continue discussion on Kelly then take it elsewhere, like maybe the Eagles board since he is an Eagles player
And yet the reason why Eagles supporters are still commenting on & bagging any Cats trades, which is kinda the point that @
Obeanie1 is in our trade thread at this time.

And yet the reason why Eagles supporters are still commenting on & bagging any Cats trades, which is kinda the point that @
Obeanie1 is in our trade thread at this time.

Except they did none of that, and simple explained the current relationship or non-relationship between Sumich and the Eagles, after it was assumed by a Geelong supporter that there was a bigger connection than there actually is

At no stage did they mention Kelly - that's only been raised by Geelong supporters

The Geelong board and this thread aren't no-opposition posters allowed, we've always been quite happy & open to hear from opposition posters, pending them staying on topic & not trolling; and at this stage I don't see a post that suggests Obeanie1 has stepped out of line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except they did none of that, and simple explained the current relationship or non-relationship between Sumich and the Eagles, after it was assumed by a Geelong supporter that there was a bigger connection than there actually is

At no stage did they mention Kelly - that's only been raised by Geelong supporters

The Geelong board and this thread aren't no-opposition posters allowed, we've always been quite happy & open to hear from opposition posters, pending them staying on topic & not trolling; and at this stage I don't see a post that suggests Obeanie1 has stepped out of line
It's all good, I believe you are a West Aussie.

I replied to what he or she posted in the best interests of my club as I see, we all have different point of views.

It's all good, I believe you are a West Aussie.

I replied to what he or she posted in the best interests of my club as I see, we all have different point of views.
I've visited Perth a few times but not a West Aussie

I was born on the GC, but raised in Geelong - though I'm not sure what any of that has to do with the topic at hand

If you think a poster has stepped out of line then report the post - but I don't see how anything that has been posted by Obeanie1 is anti the Geelong Football Club

I was born on the GC, but raised in Geelong - though I'm not sure what any of that has to do with the topic at hand

If you think a poster has stepped out of line then report the post - but I don't see how anything that has been posted by Obeanie1 is anti the Geelong Football Club
Yeah, ok I will. Nothing I have spoken about is reportable.

What you have got all up in arms about.? I'll take a step back because I do not understand.

Yeah, ok I will. Nothing I have spoken about is reportable.

What you have got all up in arms about.? I'll take a step back because I do not understand.

I think that's a very good idea.

Yeah but he spent a lot of time in here posting anti-geelong stuff during the kelly trade, and also when gws matched for jeremy cameron. People don’t forget when opposition supporters with chips on their shoulders want to put the boot in at our “failures”.

They get what they deserve.

Yeah but he spent a lot of time in here posting anti-geelong stuff during the kelly trade, and also when gws matched for jeremy cameron. People don’t forget when opposition supporters with chips on their shoulders want to put the boot in at our “failures”.

They get what they deserve.
Yep lots of posters on this board won’t forget what these opposition flogs type on here , and yet they are always defended on here

go figure

Take a step back? Please be VERY clear with what you expect from posters?

I will not ever refrain from expressing my views.

Mods expect posters not to inflame threads, with argumentative rhetoric, that creates hostility and vitriol.

Obeanie has trolled in the past, but on this occasion, merely pointed out my mistake in assuming Sumich's prior connection with WC influenced Trew slipping through to the rookie draft. He explained that he actually isn't really associated with WC anymore, and may have a bit of a grudge against them - hence his commentary on a player they were interested in.

That was between me and him, and I was in the wrong and have no problem admitting that. You're jumping on something that has nothing to do with you, and having a go at someone when they didn't say anything except correct my misguided assumption.

Bringing up Kelly and all that nonsense when he didn't even utter one iota of commentary related to that whole trainwreck, is not you just offering your opinion - it's you inflaming the thread for no good reason. That's why DTC and cats_09 have told you to step back and take a breather.

If he had of brought up Kelly or tried trolling, I would have been one of the first to tell him where to go. As it stands, he towed the line, and left after correcting my incorrect assertion. It's isolated, and that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

Yep lots of posters on this board won’t forget what these opposition flogs type on here , and yet they are always defended on here

go figure

They are not ALWAYS defended on here...I have abusive PM's from infracted WCE posters to prove it. What Mods do when dealing with outsiders is not always obvious on team boards.

Mods expect posters not to inflame threads, with argumentative rhetoric, that creates hostility and vitriol.

Obeanie has trolled in the past, but on this occasion, merely pointed out my mistake in assuming Sumich's prior connection with WC influenced Trew slipping through to the rookie draft. He explained that he actually isn't really associated with WC anymore, and may have a bit of a grudge against them - hence his commentary on a player they were interested in.

That was between me and him, and I was in the wrong and have no problem admitting that. You're jumping on something that has nothing to do with you, and having a go at someone when they didn't say anything except correct my misguided assumption.

Bringing up Kelly and all that nonsense when he didn't even utter one iota of commentary related to that whole trainwreck, is not you just offering your opinion - it's you inflaming the thread for no good reason. That's why DTC and cats_09 have told you to step back and take a breather.

If he had of brought up Kelly or tried trolling, I would have been one of the first to tell him where to go. As it stands, he towed the line, and left after correcting my incorrect assertion. It's isolated, and that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back