Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

37 - [PLAYERCARD]Dylan Clarke[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Contract Status: Not offered a contract for 2021
Last Game Played: Round 23, 2021 (omitted)
Injury Status: n/a

Last edited:

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
His kicking issues are in his action. He has a dinky little double pump in his ball drop he can not get rid of. That is why his kicking in open play or set shots okay but under pressure his kicks go nowhere as he is rushed by his slow ball drop. If he had a normal ball drop he would have played 50 games and we would be talking about how good he is. It is not something he is going to fix. It is in his action. Players like Nic Nat or Casbolt had / have issues with the ball drop not being in line with his leg which is what Joe suffers from when he is going bad.

Have to wonder why no one has just told him to start again on his right.

Two handed ball drop. Very easy to guide. Basically how Hurley kicks on his left.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Have to wonder why no one has just told him to start again on his right.

Two handed ball drop. Very easy to guide. Basically how Hurley kicks on his left.
I think we have talked before about his use of what looks like a right footer’s approach to bouncing the ball (guides with right hand). I think somewhere as a kid he went in a revolving door and came out the wrong way.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
He must be a good influence around the club and well like by the players. Despite the fact I would’ve liked to take a risk on an unknown 18/19 year old commodity I’m not at all against retaining someone on the basis they work harder than everyone else and add something positive to the culture.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
He must be a good influence around the club and well like by the players. Despite the fact I would’ve liked to take a risk on an unknown 18/19 year old commodity I’m not at all against retaining someone on the basis they work harder than everyone else and add something positive to the culture.
Seems like a very nice guy. A good Essendon boy.

Ankle surgery, and should be 'back early in the season' (i.e. he won't be back at the start of the season).
“Dylan unfortunately sustained an ankle injury in our last session before the Christmas break. We hoped that it would settle over the break, but unfortunately it was more sinister than we wished,” head of high performance Sean Murphy said.

“He’s gone in for surgery on Saturday to get a clean out, and that will hinder his pre-season preparation for about two months. It’s going to be a gradual build-up for ‘Clarkey’, but hopefully we can get him back early in the season.”

Ankle surgery, and should be 'back early in the season' (i.e. he won't be back at the start of the season).

So we should expect the usual season from him where he cracks the seniors just after the bye?

Unfortunate kyle Dunkley could go past him if lights up the VFL

I like him and with a small forward deficit could have had a go

He was, then re-rookied I think?
That’s right. He was in contract, same as Gleeson (who triggered an extension) - they both got demoted and rerookied under the covid list cut rule without actually going into the rookie draft

Back