Thunderstruck

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2003
Seaford Meadows, SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central District
He's a real hard cat, tough wiry body, loves to crash and bash and burst through, good acceleration and power out of the stoppages but decent outside run also. Thumping kick though not always pinpoint. Generally wins a fair bit of the pill and loves a goal so a good rookie pick, nearly had him in my top 40.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
interested to hear Adelaide Hawk's though on Jack as he is a Norwood man

I was hoping you could tell me about him. Usually I get to a few of the Under 18s games, but because 2020 was a shambles, I didn't see them play. The Under 18s won the premiership, but Jack didn't play in the Grand Final, not sure why. He wasn't a regular goalkicker but he did manage 5 in one game. I'll have to do some homework and let you know what I find. Here is the picture the Norwood Football Club posted on Facebook.

Jack Saunders.png

He looks and plays a little bit like a really cheap version of Braeden Campbell. Coincidence?

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
He looks and plays a little bit like a really cheap version of Braeden Campbell. Coincidence?
Appears a Richmond type rookie pick up - a hard nosed pacy guy at 180cm with some tidying up to do on kicking. Very different to some of our recent rookie picks.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Appears a Richmond type rookie pick up - a hard nosed pacy guy at 180cm with some tidying up to do on kicking. Very different to some of our recent rookie picks.
I sense a trend in the players we have drafted this year that Clarko may be moving away from the very controlled, slow tempo style of football we have played the last 3 years to a more fast paced run and carry Richmond style where we smash it forward and keep it locked in our forward 50 with elite defensive pressure.

I may be reading too much into this but we seemed to have placed a emphasis on speed in most of our picks.

Even the way we seem to have really concentrated on stacking our backline with great contested marks (DGB) is to a certain extent based on Richmond gameplan.

I think it is smart because look at last year's GF. Geelong who are the experts at that slow, controlled methodical style of football couldn't maintain it over 4 quarters and were eventually (inevitably?) blown away.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Info received today, most of you guys have got it close to the mark. A lad with a great attitude, tremendous work ethic, huge tank who can run all day and very good leg speed. Plays mainly around half back but when called upon to go forward can kick goals. Played a number of games in the Norwood Reserves as well as U18s last season. Missed the U18s Grand Final because of a slight hamstring they weren't prepared to risk.

MJA33

All Australian
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Info received today, most of you guys have got it close to the mark. A lad with a great attitude, tremendous work ethic, huge tank who can run all day and very good leg speed. Plays mainly around half back but when called upon to go forward can kick goals. Played a number of games in the Norwood Reserves as well as U18s last season. Missed the U18s Grand Final because of a slight hamstring they weren't prepared to risk.

Would love to see Poppy’s Draft write up...
Could be word for word on this 😂
Great info. Liking this kid the more I see and read about him!

great stuff

any comments on his weaknesses, or why he would slip to rookie draft?

great stuff

any comments on his weaknesses, or why he would slip to rookie draft?
Probs because Lachie Neale is the exception not the rule when it comes to sub 180cm inside mids

Probs because Lachie Neale is the exception not the rule when it comes to sub 180cm inside mids
if its just a size thing, then that gives me confidence.

if its just a size thing, then that gives me confidence.
I mean there could be other stuff but size seems to be a major turn off for a lot of recruiters, we shall see

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I mean there could be other stuff but size seems to be a major turn off for a lot of recruiters, we shall see
Small and lacks excellent footskills, Daniels slipped to the 40's and he had the best skills in his draft years.

Back