Dunkley and the other players

Remove this Banner Ad

So was pubic hair an issue for all clubs in the hub, or just us? The AFL should come clean on this, and present a report on pubic hair management at all clubs during the 2020 season. I'd suggest the report could be compiled by Simon Lethlean, Jon Dorotich and Ricky Nixon. Not sure of media input, but I'd imagine Tom Browne probably across this issue.

So was pubic hair an issue for all clubs in the hub, or just us? The AFL should come clean on this, and present a report on pubic hair management at all clubs during the 2020 season. I'd suggest the report could be compiled by Simon Lethlean, Jon Dorotich and Ricky Nixon. Not sure of media input, but I'd imagine Tom Browne probably across this issue.

Considering Browne is nothing but a dank tuft of rectal pubic hair himself, agreed.

Won’t surprise me if Dunks asks for a trade again, but surely it won’t be Essendon after they lead Kyle on.
He'll go to whichever club offers him an amount significant enough to justify a move and can satisfy the 'Dogs, unless he waits another couple of years.

He'll go to whichever club offers him an amount significant enough to justify a move and can satisfy the 'Dogs, unless he waits another couple of years.
But there is every chance he has a great year, plays mainly mid, wins the B&F and finished high in the Brownlow, makes, AA and gets a contract extension and pay rise.

But there is every chance he has a great year, plays mainly mid, wins the B&F and finished high in the Brownlow, makes, AA and gets a contract extension and pay rise.
In which case, any offer may not be sufficient enough to justify a move. It's said that some players from Geelong and Hawthorn, in the past, would be better paid elsewhere but stay, on lower pay, to enjoy success. Dunkley is demonstrably not of that inclination. No shame in that.

Add in the fact that Dunkleys brother not drafted anywhere.
Reckon that was utter trash by Essendon - using him to lure his brother then dumping him on his arse

their father Andrew probably has a decent right to be angry.
He has been volitile in the past as I recall - fell out hard at Sydney
Yep, just when you thought they couldn't sink any lower they come out and exceed our expectations once again. :(
I hope it's at least another 20 years before they win a final.

Essendon package was over double what he is receiving at the dogs with promises of “work” adding to that.

He was at the club this week and Bev had a sneaky joke with him and the boys over the black and red colours on the shoulder of the new training tops saying they added that to keep him happy.

I personally think he will leave end of next year with the dogs blessing but it won’t be to the bummers

The tennis balls story is no doubt 100% true, I've had that confirmed to me from a few very reliable sources but I didn't hear anything about dunkleys reaction to it.

I have also been told that the whole issue was raised in a team meeting after the final, with some players unhappy at the extent of it with bevo finally getting involved. Haven't heard anything since they have come back though.
Ok then we need to sack the players involved because if they are stupid enough to use tennis balls instead of perfectly good pockets in their shorts or pants then they will struggle to choose the right option on the footy field

Essendon package was over double what he is receiving at the dogs with promises of “work” adding to that.

He was at the club this week and Bev had a sneaky joke with him and the boys over the black and red colours on the shoulder of the new training tops saying they added that to keep him happy.

I personally think he will leave end of next year with the dogs blessing but it won’t be to the bummers
The money stuff makes sense given he re-signed just before he really broke out.

If the club thinks he will go, it gives them 12 months to try and find a key defender to flip whatever we get for Dunks to balance our list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been told the players have been told naughton will play down back next year.

It kinda sucks to take that pack-crashing, high-marking option out of the forward line, but when we have Bruce, Martin / English and Marra up front, and he's EXACTLY what we need in defence, AND it's what he knows best, I'm all for it if true.

It kinda sucks to take that pack-crashing, high-marking option out of the forward line, but when we have Bruce, Martin / English and Marra up front, and he's EXACTLY what we need in defence, AND it's what he knows best, I'm all for it if true.

If this is true we are expecting a lot of JUH in his first year, plus English/Marin, plus a change in professionalism from Bruce. That is some aligning of planets. Not too many first year kpfs have had great first years, English and Martin have not previously shown they are consistently reliable forwards and Bruce could possibly increase his output so it could all come together well I suppose. I hope it does.

Gonna be *ing ropable if we send Naughty to defence. I can’t wait til round 5 when we realise Bruce is hopeless and JUH is getting absolutely ruined by the number one defender and we send him forward again after wasting the whole preseason. Leave him ******* forward ffs, any other coach in the league would

All for it. Some combo of Bruce/English/Martin/JUH/Schache is better than having Gardner as a key pillar in the back half.

We'll see Naughton's output become way more consistent. I think he could be the best key back in the game by the end of the year if he moves.

His lack of forward nous will always limit his ceiling playing forward IMO.

And is a dual premiership player

All for it. Some combo of Bruce/English/Martin/JUH/Schache is better than having Gardner as a key pillar in the back half.

We'll see Naughton's output become way more consistent. I think he could be the best key back in the game by the end of the year if he moves.

His lack of forward nous will always limit his ceiling playing forward IMO.
Does he have a lack of forward nous? His leading patterns are fine, Bruce has been playing forward for years and Naughty already has him covered for forward nous by a mile. What does he not do that he should as a forward?

Some combo of Bruce/Schache/JUH/English/Martin is not a good combo at all. Bruce would be the worst number one forward in the comp by a mile. Martin is no good forward, English would be a good third tall but has never played significant time forward and would probably struggle badly if he had to play a proper key forward post, JUH would get the number one defender in his first game and get bullied.

it would be negligent to the development of JUH to go in round 1 without Naughty beside him

So Kyle Dunkley doesn’t get drafted by the cheats. Who would’ve thought?

Wasn’t it tennis balls that got Bucks in trouble in Perth and helped accelerate the demise of his marriage?

Seems a big issue within the AFL generally

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So, given the tennis balls = pubic hair revelation on here, was Bucks actually playing tennis, and Sanderson claimed to be playing tennis with him, but apparently wasn't? Or is the tennis ball reference an analogy for pubic hair in that story too? And if so, the question becomes - whose pubic hair is it referring to - Bucks, Sanderson or a female? Or all three?! I am going to be mighty suspicious if AFL players and coaches start referencing tennis balls in interviews.

(On a side note, given discussion on another thread about winning our first game in 1980 after 11 straight losses, I notice our wins starting flowing that year after a certain Bairnsdale wingman made his debut. ;))

Have been told the players have been told naughton will play down back next year.

I hope so. Balances the 22 perfectly. Providing of course there's no other left field selections.

We really need Lewis Young to come on this year to play Naughton forward.

Naughton going back makes a heap of sense if Bruce gets back to his St. Kilda form. We will need at least 35 goals + from him and to be able consistently take the number one defender.

If he doesn’t, the flow on effect to the rest of the team is quite huge and we’ll struggle massively to kick goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back