Senior 19. Corey Durdin

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a good kid, skilled off both sides and was a dominant midfielder at Under 16 level but sadly didn't grow. Having said that, played plenty of senior SANFL across midfield and half forward. Unsure on his AFL position, likely struggle to force his way into midfield but does have some Daniel traits but not that good. Makes quick decisions and has that nugget sort of build so somewhere bewteen a Hayden Skipworth from yesteryear and a Daniel.

Reminds me of Brent Daniels

We are arguing over an inch here lol!
Hey, if you are in that height range it is important. Can confirm I never quite reached 5'9" and quite agitated accordingly. 173cm it was. With age, a couple of stuffed discs and a smashed pelvis I was very pleased when nurse gave me 171 at last measure after the one before insisted on 170cm. It means a bit to some of us. (won't discuss the kgs, not trying to up that measurement just quietly)

Edit: If your core is strong, as mine once was, it is not a problem competing with the bigger bodies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the look of this guy, looks very quick and some good chase and tackle efforts. Looks strong and looks to have skills. Perhaps similar to Fisher with a bit extra physicality.

I think anyone who competes fiercely and has skills is a good chance to make it. Forget the height, short can be a real advantage.

He's probably the most likely first year player to debut next season. Small forwards don't have a long development time frame if they are any good and those traits look good to me. As long as he's not overawed by the extra physicality of the AFL.

Looks good, looking forward to seeing more

168: Caleb Daniel
170: Brent Daniels, Kozzie Pickett
171: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
172: Charle Spargo, Tyson Stengle, Corey Durdin
173: Eddie Betts, Liam Baker, Ben Cavarra

He'll be fine.
Yeah not many out of 510 plus hey..must be some reason for it...

A small sample in the highlights but, is he a one sided player? If he is to develop as a successful small forward, he must be able to work effectively and almost instinctively on both sides, hand and foot. That is one of the key elements as to what has made Eddie Betts so dangerous. I liked his speed.

From the highlights he seemed equally comfortable on either side. Scotland like.

168: Caleb Daniel
170: Brent Daniels, Kozzie Pickett
171: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
172: Charle Spargo, Tyson Stengle, Corey Durdin
173: Eddie Betts, Liam Baker, Ben Cavarra

He'll be fine.
What's done is done, and I'm never going to write a player off (or up) on their height alone, but you've just highlighted how rare it is these days.

They have to a very good combination of skills, game sense and athleticism to make the cut. Several of those players won't be on an AFL list in 2022, and as a percentage, that will be above the competition average.

Not sure if this article has been posted but:

"Currently running a Christmas casual shift at Dan Murphy’s, Durdin says he would be more than prepared to pack up and move if an interstate club were to call his name on December 9.

“Yeah, absolutely. I’m prepared for it,” he added.
“I pretty much cook for myself. I can look after myself well, I’ll be fine. I’ve got family if it were to be Melbourne.
“I’m ready for the next step. I’ve been playing against men for two years and I’m not scared, I’m not afraid, I’m ready to go.”

The kids got moxy.

Carlton's first Corey/Cory since Cory McGrath.

Not sure if this article has been posted but:

"Currently running a Christmas casual shift at Dan Murphy’s, Durdin says he would be more than prepared to pack up and move if an interstate club were to call his name on December 9.

“Yeah, absolutely. I’m prepared for it,” he added.

I pretty much cook for myself. I can look after myself well, I’ll be fine. I’ve got family if it were to be Melbourne.

“I’m ready for the next step. I’ve been playing against men for two years and I’m not scared, I’m not afraid, I’m ready to go.”"

The kids got moxy.

There is a joke about Lachie Henderson somewhere in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back