Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Yeah I do all of them, great draft haul. Added some X factor and speed, elite marking.

The major deficiency I spotted in our list was x-factor. We've gone and added 3 in this draft. Glad the club have really addressed it.

Suddenly our depth in every position looks stronger.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Backline is looking amazing, next year’s draft stacked with exciting mids so I look forward to that

Our mids already look decent in theory as well. Just need it all to gel. Nobody can tell me that Mitchell, Worpel, O'Meara, Shiels, Cousins and Maginness is a poor midfield group. That's without including Wingard running through there. Two more elite kids next season will absolutely see us in a better position as a whole football club.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
I think a lot of the time for small forwards it's better to look for qualities over output. This kid has jets and tackles hard, if he can bring that week in and week out the goals will take care of themselves.

Poppy 2.0 ?

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
tenor.gif

HAWKSBESTEVA

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pretty wrapt with him, reminds me a bit of Liam baker the way he plays, probably a bit quicker and a better kick. Certainly has X factor and a bit of campaigner about him hopefully.

HAWKSBESTEVA

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I wouldn't call Ford a small as he plays big.

Brockman is a good chance to get a few games this year.

I would've preferred Winder as he's much more talented, but Brockman shows more aggressiveness at the moment.
Yeah Winder has it all for a small fwd/mid but happy with Tyler for sure.

Gliggin

Debutant
Apr 17, 2017
London
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I would've preferred Winder as he's much more talented, but Brockman shows more aggressiveness at the moment.
Much more talented, says who?
Not HFC or West Coast who seemingly rated Tyler ahead of Winder.

I think I’ll back the opinions of full time recruiters over those who watch highlight packages.

Welcome Tyler!

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I think I’ll back the opinions of full time recruiters over those who watch highlight packages.

Welcome Tyler!
Talent is only one component that recruiters look at. Desire, work ethic, , leadership ability, off field stuff etc have much more bearing on whether a talented player becomes successful in senior footy

Gliggin

Debutant
Apr 17, 2017
London
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Talent is only one component that recruiters look at. Desire, work ethic, , leadership ability, off field stuff etc have much more bearing on whether a talented player becomes successful in senior footy
No doubt, I agree. However if a player has no talent, the rest doesn’t matter. Making definitive statements about talent viewed through highlights, doesn’t hold much weight either.

Plus, Tyler is Hawthorn now. He’s better than 55 other players in the draft!!! #FACT :smile:

love the fact West Coast had a hard on for this kid. They know their local league better then anyone, and could well of been trying to hide him. They recruit well, so kudos for getting a pick in before them.
From what I've read, they (WCE) rated our man better than Winder & perhaps took Winder on account of missing Brockman.

Given they'd have seen them both play all year, I'm liking that context.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Welcome Tyler!

I ddin't watch highlights packages.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No doubt, I agree. However if a player has no talent, the rest doesn’t matter. Making definitive statements about talent viewed through highlights, doesn’t hold much weight either.

Plus, Tyler is Hawthorn now. He’s better than 55 other players in the draft!!! #FACT :smile:

You keep saying that but you have no idea what I have watched.

Maybe you should stop watching highlights packges and pretend you know what you are talking about.

Maybe you should stop watching highlights packges and pretend you know what you are talking about.
Maybe you should take your own advice

Back