Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The name Ned Guy really has to become synonymous with list management failure.

Pulling a Ned Guy (e.g. like a 'Bradbury' in an underserved win when the others have choked).

Its all just too unbelievable.

At least Bradbury won a world championship before his gold medal “exploits”;)

Taylor Adams denying he was ever asked about Treloars place on the team. Buckley has lied to Treloar and lied about his leadership group. They’ve treated Treloar like scum and tried to get out of a deal they did on draft night. Yet people are up in arms about an 18 year old making some comments about leaving home.

Last edited:

Nope it doesnt work that way. Once Adam signed with the dogs and didn't sign an agreement with the Pies to pay the rest of the money he left himself in a vunerable position. This is just as much the Dogs fault who have tried to greedly take advantage of the situation by paying Collingwood next to nothing for a very good player and Adam less than his worth in yearly payments. Treloars management and Collingwood are also to blame. There is only one victim in this and that is Adam.
Haha

Who you've essentially traded for a second round pick as well, and all this because another guy you paid multiple top picks and a huge salary for arrived, got fat, ate mcdonalds and didnt do his job.

It is a remarkable list management failure that is unprecedented this century.

Heard he can paint though.....

How anyone is still trying to spin this saga in anyway favourable or in a positive light for Collingwood in beyond me.

It was clear then and even more so now, that they have outright butchered their TPP structure and list with shitty decision after another and have acted very unethically over the past month or so to try and fix it. Obvious as dogs balls and they don't appear to be out of the woods moving forward.

The Treloar deal from all facets is categorically a huge L for Collingwood.

Let’s just meet in the middle then lol.

It's very weird. The gap in the reporting is huge.

My guess is that the clubs have done just what you've said we should do.

Pretty clear that WB briefed Sam Edmund, while Coll briefed The Age (although The Age report is the most recent). The truth is probably somewhere in between.

Sam Edmund went first on this with 1.5M while the more recent reports are more conservative. My thinking is that because the deal is meant to be front loaded, that it's 300K for the first year only. Sam probably heard 300K initially and just extrapolated from there to get 1.5M, when the reality is that the contribution is probably much less in the subsequent four years.

I'm assuming the deal is confidential, so I guess we'll never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahahahahahaha. After all that...oh god...what a result.

Dragged proceedings out for a month, just so we could end up right back where we all initially thought things were at 7:31 PM, 12 November - the official closing of trade period.

Never change Ned, Nath and Eddie...never change

A writer wrote a book. Cool.

head in the sand response there. Collingwood have shown to be liars in all this, so they try to control the message through a journalist clearly with a great relationship with them.

if the 1.5 mill figure is coming from Dogs sources, ask yourself why would they lie? Do they have a supporter base enraged by giving up Treloar for peanuts and now finding out their club is stumping up a lot of his wage?

have they already lied and said senior players don’t want him? That they gave him up purely to get back in the draft (while begging the dogs to be able to front load)?

Look I think it is pretty clear what's happened here. The split will have been outlined in writing over each year, in a 5 year table, highlighting Bulldogs and Collingwood payments as is standard when a financial split is highlighted over a number of years involving different levels of payment from different parties.

Ned Guy can't count, add, use excel or a calculator. But he can barefaced lie/bullshit. So he's told Eddie and Bucks: "Yep, its $1m! It adds up to $1m from us!" He's also gone with this to his reporter mates. All he saw was a big scary money table though, and as we know that means he make mistakes every time.

Of course it adds up to $1.5m and when they find out, boy oh boy, poor Neddy ('uh oh spaghetti ohs!').

Last edited:
At least Bradbury won a world championship before his gold medal “exploits”;)

Partly true. Bradbury won three relay medals (a gold, silver and bronze) between eight and eleven years before his Olympic gold. He benefitted from crashes in his quarterfinal, semifinal and final. He was a good athlete, but an incredibly lucky Olympic gold medalist.

Not exactly relevant to the thread, but I don't like the narrative Bradbury has spread about himself around that medal, as it's entirely false. His medal was all luck.

Partly true. Bradbury won three relay medals (a gold, silver and bronze) between eight and eleven years before his Olympic gold. He benefitted from crashes in his quarterfinal, semifinal and final. He was a good athlete, but an incredibly lucky Olympic gold medalist.

Not exactly relevant to the thread, but I don't like the narrative Bradbury has spread about himself around that medal, as it's entirely false. His medal was all luck.
Harsh IMHO. What Bradbury had done was put himself in a position to take advantage of other’s errors, which were common in the sport he was competing in.

I call harsh too. Why not focus on the achievement first, instead of focusing on the asterisk?

What the guy did could be compared to a person born and raised in Holland getting onto an AFL list and finishing 4th in the Brownlow count, then winning it coz the top three had been suspended and were ineligible.

Back