Welcome to the kennel Dominic Bedendo

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can't stop hearing this kids name in songs.

Just had a playlist going while doing some housework and was singing along to Its The End Of The World by REM.

By the final verse, the chorus had become;

It's Bedendo's world and we know it,

And I feel fine

We need visual confirmation. Common DW, where's your selfie?
OK, but don't say you weren't warned...

1607750400240.png

immortalmike can confirm it's me.

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
So far I've seen Benendo and Bendino and we've had him less than 24 hours.

Kid's crying out for a nickname. What's it to be? Bendigo? Bandito? Benito? Benny? (SoB could set a compilation of highlights - or clangers - to the Benny Hill theme)

We also need to wean him off his crush on Bucks and the Pies. If that proves incurable, we offer him as a trade for Fin Macrae. Hell, I'd even throw in Richards if it ices the deal.
Surely, it must be LORDY. :). Dominic for Catholics means Lordly or close to God. He might well be a better player than Ablett.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Can't stop hearing this kids name in songs.

Just had a playlist going while doing some housework and was singing along to Its The End Of The World by REM.

By the final verse, the chorus had become;

And I feel fine

To be fair, 99% of people are making up the lyrics to that song when they sing it....

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/...pVGBSuNU3kP4YFAFYNaRXTwVboz6ta4POQ958D6OQuflg

Bedendo’s sleepless night after draft delight
Draftee Dom Bedendo didn’t get much sleep the night he became a Western Bulldogs player.

HERO_141220_Dom.jpg

Draftee Dom Bedendo didn’t get much sleep the night he became a Western Bulldogs player.
The Myrtleford teenager was one of the final players selected in last week’s 2020 NAB AFL Draft when the Bulldogs called his name at pick 55 – just after 11pm.
He was already thinking about having to get up for work – at 5am the next morning.
But the adrenaline of achieving his dream of becoming an AFL footballer kept him up for hours.
“I was at my girlfriend’s house, we were watching it and it started to get late. When my name got called out, it was just pure excitement,” Bedendo told westernbulldogs.com.au.
“I started work at 6am, so I got up about 5.15am.
“I think I went to bed around 2am. I couldn’t sleep. It was really surreal for me.”
For almost everyone, 2020 has been a year like no other.
Bedendo – like all Victorian draft hopefuls – didn’t have an opportunity to prove himself on the field to recruiters this year.
But the high-flying 18-year-old didn’t let that impact his thinking, as he juggled training with work and completing his Year 12 studies.
It was definitely a different year, but I tried to make the most of it with the season not going ahead,” Bedendo said.
“I did a lot of work physically – a lot of explosive training – and I tried to stay in the right headspace.”
The Kennel has immediately felt like a welcoming place for Bedendo.
He’ll join his Victoria Country roommate – fellow draftee Jamarra Ugle-Hagan – at the club this week, and has been inundated with messages from his new teammates.
“I feel really welcomed and supported coming in to the club,” Bedendo said.
“Every player has reached out to me. It was pretty shocking to have Marcus Bontempelli in your messages. I’m just excited to get in there and meet everyone in person.
As a Collingwood supporter growing up, Bedendo has seen a lot of Jeremy Howe in action.
Draft experts had noticed a likeness between the two, with the new Bulldog hoping to follow in those footsteps.
“I did follow Collingwood as a kid, but that’s out the window now. I’m fully red, white and blue,” Bedendo said.
“I think I can be a versatile player and play forward or in the back line.
“With my aerial skills, I like to base my game around being a Jeremy Howe-like player.
“He flies for his marks and catches them at the highest point, I really enjoy watching him play. I’d like to think I play somewhat like him.”
"Ive seen Norm de Guerre's post on bigfooty regarding potential nicknames and I endorse the moniker of 'Bellendo' and would like to be referred to as that hence forth."

Last edited:
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/...pVGBSuNU3kP4YFAFYNaRXTwVboz6ta4POQ958D6OQuflg

HERO_141220_Dom.jpg

The Myrtleford teenager was one of the final players selected in last week’s 2020 NAB AFL Draft when the Bulldogs called his name at pick 55 – just after 11pm.
He was already thinking about having to get up for work – at 5am the next morning.
But the adrenaline of achieving his dream of becoming an AFL footballer kept him up for hours.
“I was at my girlfriend’s house, we were watching it and it started to get late. When my name got called out, it was just pure excitement,” Bedendo told westernbulldogs.com.au.
“I think I went to bed around 2am. I couldn’t sleep. It was really surreal for me.”
Bedendo – like all Victorian draft hopefuls – didn’t have an opportunity to prove himself on the field to recruiters this year.
But the high-flying 18-year-old didn’t let that impact his thinking, as he juggled training with work and completing his Year 12 studies.
It was definitely a different year, but I tried to make the most of it with the season not going ahead,” Bedendo said.
“I did a lot of work physically – a lot of explosive training – and I tried to stay in the right headspace.”
He’ll join his Victoria Country roommate – fellow draftee Jamarra Ugle-Hagan – at the club this week, and has been inundated with messages from his new teammates.
“Every player has reached out to me. It was pretty shocking to have Marcus Bontempelli in your messages. I’m just excited to get in there and meet everyone in person.
As a Collingwood supporter growing up, Bedendo has seen a lot of Jeremy Howe in action.
Draft experts had noticed a likeness between the two, with the new Bulldog hoping to follow in those footsteps.
“I did follow Collingwood as a kid, but that’s out the window now. I’m fully red, white and blue,” Bedendo said.
“With my aerial skills, I like to base my game around being a Jeremy Howe-like player.
“He flies for his marks and catches them at the highest point, I really enjoy watching him play. I’d like to think I play somewhat like him.”
"Ive seen Norm de Guerre's post on bigfooty regarding potential nicknames and I endorse the moniker of 'Bellendo' and would like to be referred to that hence forth."
🤔

"Ive seen Norm de Guerre's post on bigfooty regarding potential nicknames and I endorse the moniker of 'Bellendo' and would like to be referred to that hence forth."
:think:

HERO_141220_Dom.jpg

Welcome Bellendo.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah don't know about the last line in the article. LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE ADDED IT, I WONDER WHO?

This kid is credentialled on being able to take a high flying mark.

It is very simple:

It's a bit Jezza:

"B'DENDOWWWW, YOU BEAUTY!!!!"

Whenever he takes a speccy:

"B'DENDOWWWWW"

A bit like "BUSUSTOWWWW."

A bit like "RICHOOHHH" when M Richardson ruled the goal square at the tiggers.

So that's three players he has to live up to. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
View attachment 1027940
Is this Dom? Looks a hell of a lot bigger than he did in the pics posted above. Maybe put on a few kegs in lockdown

He’s actually a pretty good size, looks like a frame that could bulk up quite a bit too which is exciting considering his athletic ability. Thought he was gonna be an absolute twig!

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I. Winder who i wanted at that pick ? I will call you Dom i have not been this excited since i drove hundreds of kilometres to Ballarat to watch Zephaniah Skinner wear the sub vest and come on late to have one touch versus North Melbourne and i got sunburned badly just to round out a wonderful experience .I would love the first eight picks in the rookie draft could do some damage as the clubs left a lot on the table.
at least you didn’t have to travel as far as Zeph

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Nathan Fyfe clone? ;)

Guido

Premium Gold
Aug 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Leros United
Nathan Fyfe clone? ;)
Very similar physiques at the same age!

vs

Odds are that there will be some absolute elite kids picked up well after 30 that would have went top 20 if the season played out normally. Unfortunately odds are just as strong that many players taken last week may not have been drafted at all had the season played out.

Back