Delisted Paul Tsapatolis (2021- 2022)

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
The fact that people in the game have been ringing him over the years trying to get him back seems to indicate that he's more than just a tall athlete with (hopefully) transferable skills. Interesting that he talks about being keen for the physical aspect of the game as well.

If he'd just gone on to talk about idolising Otto as a youngster, I'd be completely sold.

:cool:

Read that article ..and the difference between being able to get him as a Rookie B ..seems fortunate. Ig he gone and played footy with a NabL team then he would hav been in the open draft. Either good advice or very lucky..

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Read that article ..and the difference between being able to get him as a Rookie B ..seems fortunate. Ig he gone and played footy with a NabL team then he would hav been in the open draft. Either good advice or very lucky..

Doesn't the story go that there were others interested, though? So it seems like it was more than just good advice. Appears that he has chosen the Cats in preference to some other clubs who were also keen to list him via Cat B. So you do wonder how much all the variables played into his decision. Including whether he assessed our ruck stocks and saw a ready opportunity to push through for senior games.

Great to hear him already talking about working on a known deficiency (lack of endurance) in this interview as well. Points to the probability of him being a self-starter with good initiative and a keen desire to learn and grow.

So, however it happened that he ended up choosing the hoops, I'm very pleased that he did. When first reading of his signing, I thought we were just looking at a free hit. Now appears he might be a free hit with a more than half-decent probability of paying off.

Onya, Frankie!

Apr 16, 2006
The Dirty N-o-r-f
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
One club man
Having watched a lot of basketball, I wouldn't say it's always the case but it's not uncommon that the centre or the real tall guys on the team don't show as much spring as the even slightly shorter players

Even the really athletic tallest guys on court, to an extent seem to still rely on their height & reach to get an advantage over their opponents, rather than a genuine spring; while those who can't rely purely on their height tend to show more in terms of spring or jumping abilities

No idea how it will translate to the footy field and whether you need those hops but from his highlights package he looked very ground bound, more like The Bear than say Chris Anstey in his younger years. There is no above the rim play in traffic that I could see, though I didn't watch the whole package.

How tall is Big P? 6'8 or 6'9?

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Greek freak looks very solid in the legs, he should be good in one on one contests, but his skills will need to improve. Especially his hands for clunking and handpassing. His kicking might be okay with some confidence. He doesn't look slow, not sure on his tank though.

Jun 26, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Guys. I have some devastating news. Im trying to put together my Supercoach team and was wondering how our new friend would fare as a bench ruck.
I took a glance at FootyWire to check his age and height..... and lets just say he doesnt help the perception a lot of people have of our list. I dont think his height is gonna work as a ruckman either.
1611888232299.png

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Guys. I have some devastating news. Im trying to put together my Supercoach team and was wondering how our new friend would fare as a bench ruck.
I took a glance at FootyWire to check his age and height..... and lets just say he doesnt help the perception a lot of people have of our list. I dont think his height is gonna work as a ruckman either.
View attachment 1047676

At 0 cm in height he'll breeze past opposition players unnoticed! Bit worried about his age though.

Too bad he didn’t come to North. But what I am hearing he is getting better every week
thanks for the info - we dont get a lot on him as he's out in a different league - but from your reports and the little we saw early on - he's got skills and is piicking up the game well thus far.

GO CAtters

Back