2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

During P2 - Anthony suggested that ADR did not want to pit last week as his tyres were fine when he pitted for VSC - but they pulled him in anyway and it cost him big time.

Good ol Renault.

During P2 - Anthony suggested that ADR did not want to pit last week as his tyres were fine when he pitted for VSC - but they pulled him in anyway and it cost him big time.

Good ol Renault.
Yeah.
The comments from the others were along the lines of “strange decision“.
If there is one thing Renault can do in season 2021 to improve their ranking, it’s not splashing cash on drivers or tech, just replace the bloody strategist!

Yeah.
The comments from the others were along the lines of “strange decision“.
If there is one thing Renault can do in season 2021 to improve their ranking, it’s not splashing cash on drivers or tech, just replace the bloody strategist!
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but long term Renault want Ocon to have more confidence. Finishing above Ricc and snaring a podium helps Ocon for 2021.

BBC Sport is asking who the biggest winners and losers are this season. Albon has been a disappointment, outperformed by several guys driving weaker cars (for which the likes of Perez, Ricciardo, Leclerc and Sainz also deserve credit for their consistency and race craft). Bottas has come out of the Russell swap looking all the poorer for it, Vettel has not been anywhere near Leclerc...

Gasly's redeemed himself a lot, Sainz and Norris have both done quite well (I think the McLarens have had the closest inter-team fight of all the midfield pack), but beyond that I wouldn't want to pick a best driver without giving it more thought.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

just stumbled upon this video. Thank god new aero changes are coming in. Hopefully Mercedes or some other schmuck dont exploit something in the rules that let them create dirty air again

I am looking forward to this, but it won't be till 2022 now, because of the Covid situation they have postponed it by a year. Next year will be more of the same with a few minor tweaks here and there, mostly around locking in development and limiting costs so teams can invest resources into the new cars and not waste too much on developing the 2020-2021 models. Next year will be holding pattern, lots of races in a full calendar but with minimal development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamilton was a bit weird in the post-race interviews...

"I'm going to miss qualifying...
.... ugh..
.... until next year"

Is he retiring....!?!
Weird choice of words.

Hamilton was a bit weird in the post-race interviews...

"I'm going to miss qualifying...
.... ugh..
.... until next year"

Is he retiring....!?!
Weird choice of words.
Logically it wouldn't make sense (he's a shoe in to beat Schumachers remaining records next year) but with Lewis who knows what he is thinking.
I don't think the delay in contract negotiations has to do with money, I think it has to do with Lewis undecided on whether he wants to keep going.

Logically it wouldn't make sense (he's a shoe in to beat Schumachers remaining records next year) but with Lewis who knows what he is thinking.
I don't think the delay in contract negotiations has to do with money, I think it has to do with Lewis undecided on whether he wants to keep going.

If for some strange reason he did decide to call it a day at the end of this season, who would be available for Mercedes to grab? Do they buy out Russell's contract, or would making a decision based on one race for the Silver Arrows be too hasty? Then again, who else is there? I like Perez but I can't see Mercedes opting for him if they can get Russell.

If for some strange reason he did decide to call it a day at the end of this season, who would be available for Mercedes to grab? Do they buy out Russell's contract, or would making a decision based on one race for the Silver Arrows be too hasty? Then again, who else is there? I like Perez but I can't see Mercedes opting for him if they can get Russell.

Option A would be get Russell because he's inevitably who they'd want in the seat 2022.

But Perez is a better than suitable alternative if that didn't work. Sign him on a year contract then pick one of him or Bottas to take the team into 2022 and beyond.

That championship winning renault looked awesome going around abu Dhabi. Maybe just me seemed a lot quicker and aggressive

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back