Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Once sat near Adrian Dodoro at a physio waiting room. I was trying to think of something to say to him but he looked engrossed in a magazine and as I don't follow the Essendon club I was stuck for words so left him in peace.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Once sat near Adrian Dodoro at a physio waiting room. I was trying to think of something to say to him but he looked engrossed in a magazine and as I don't follow the Essendon club I was stuck for words so left him in peace.
I’m guessing he tried to haggle down the price for the appointment, only to finally accept he had to pay the full price but on the condition he could take an extra Mentos home with him.

Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Indian uber driver the other night who was telling me he took some Essendon players to a house party in Elwood. We tried working it out based on his memory of the player having black hair and being roughly 6 foot tall and 22 years old. The guessing game was pure enjoyment and turned out being all the excitement..once we figured out it was Andrew McGrath we both laughed and then it went to an awkward silence and nothing was said for the remainder of the trip. Can't believe I was sitting in the same seat it was a silver Toyota Camry by the way.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Richard Taylor was my physio once. I didn't want to hassle him about his time at the Hawks, so I kept the conversation away from footy. Except for our shared experience of having played super rules.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Richard Taylor was my physio once. I didn't want to hassle him about his time at the Hawks, so I kept the conversation away from footy. Except for our shared experience of having played super rules.
Should have asked him about his time at the Eagles them... if he remembers it.

DialMforMagro

Debutant
Dec 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi everyone, I’m on the runway at the Gold Coast about to fly to Melbourne and Steven May is sitting near me. I’m wearing headphones so I can’t say anything to him but he has the look in his eye like maybe he has done this flight before. Again I’m wearing headphones so there is no way to ask him this

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi everyone, I’m on the runway at the Gold Coast about to fly to Melbourne and Steven May is sitting near me. I’m wearing headphones so I can’t say anything to him but he has the look in his eye like maybe he has done this flight before. Again I’m wearing headphones so there is no way to ask him this
Is he as fat as he was the first time he left GC for Melbourne?

Hat?

Are they glued to your head?

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Pretty sure i saw big Charlie Dixon at ALDI yesterday buying frozen pizzas.

I say pretty sure as it could have been just a huge hipster beardo looking guy.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
This was the magazine he was reading!
pick.jpg

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
Saw Dustin Martin and Dane Swan at Los Angeles airport October 2019. I went to LA, home of the rich and famous, and the only people I saw of note the whole trip were those two getting off the plane.
Beats me. Only 'celeb' we saw in LA was Sam Kekovich who was handing out toy koalas as part of a tourism campaign

darcytiger

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Travis Boak popped up on my ‘People you may Know’ list on Facebook despite us having no mutual friends. I do not know him

Travis Boak popped up on my ‘People you may Know’ list on Facebook despite us having no mutual friends. I do not know him
We have a new clubhouse leader

I was cycling to my Alcoholics Anonymous meeting when I clocked Mason Cox outside the milk bar opposite Northcote High School, the one that does Asian fast food. He was talking to three women. One had a black dog on a lead. Mason has really thick grey hair does he dye it that colour or is he prematurely aged?

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Did you try to friend him?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

who_let_the_dogs_out

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Saw Jobe Watson last night, had his baby strapped to his chest while he pushed his little girl on the swing at the same time.
Couldn't imagine anything more annoying than someone saying hello while you're with your family so I just gave him a nod and left him alone.
Similar story to that last weekend. Mitch Hahn and his young daughter walked past me at Westfield Chermside, in Brisbane. Was so torn to stop and chat, but I had my 2 young kids with me and in all likelihood it would have just been a weird interaction.

Can guarantee noone else in that whole place would have known who he was. Part of me wondered if he would have appreciated being recognised.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Saw Jobe Watson last night, had his baby strapped to his chest while he pushed his little girl on the swing at the same time.
Couldn't imagine anything more annoying than someone saying hello while you're with your family so I just gave him a nod and left him alone.
Could have asked him if he was wearing his Brownlow Medal.....oh wait.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
The algorithms must have picked you up googling “Travis Boak in speedos”

Was flying over to Melbourne for a Hawks game last year and Paul Salmon was in the aisle across from me, in the exit row.

Didn’t recline his seat the whole time.

A true gentleman.

GWT6

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2011
Western Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
I saw Jarrod Witts eating breakfast with his partner in a northern NSW cafe late last year. He was across the other side of the room so I'm not sure what he ordered. I like to think it was the eggs benedict.

Back