$217,727 Profit for year ending October 31st 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

But theyre not. They are making money of people like me who want to go to the wantirna club, have a meal and some drinks with friends and then put $20 through the machines for some for some fun before we leave. An overwhelming majority of people do it for a bit of fun and dont have a problem with it and we as Richmond supporters have fun and help the club at the same time

Dont need stats. Theres 25 million people in Australia. If just 5% had a gambling addiction problem that would mean 1.25 million Australians would be afflicted. An amazing number.

Based on population I estimate problem gambling represents at most 1% of the population or 250,000 at most. I believe it would probably be less than half that. I dont see 250,000 Australians lining up outside gambling addiction clinics. Even so that being the case that would mean 24,750,000 Australians dont have a gambling problem at those people equate to 99% of the Australian population.

Those of you against gambling and gaming dont like those numbers but they are the realty

Dont need stats. Theres 25 million people in Australia. If just 5% had a gambling addiction problem that would mean 1.25 million Australians would be afflicted. An amazing number.

Based on population I estimate problem gambling represents at most 1% of the population or 250,000 at most. I believe it would probably be less than half that. I dont see 250,000 Australians lining up outside gambling addiction clinics. Even so that being the case that would mean 24,750,000 Australians dont have a gambling problem at those people equate to 99% of the Australian population.

Those of you against gambling and gaming dont like those numbers but they are the realty
There is the amazing tool called google. You should check it out. It allows you to quickly search information so you do not need to guess before forming an opinion. Check my previous post and reference. I will not bore everyone but Australians have the biggest gambling problem in the world.

Holy s**t - your pro-gaming estimate is that a quarter of a million people in Australia might be problem gamblers??? That's your 'it's no big deal' number???

Also, I am by no means anti-gambling. I personally do it quite a bit (not pokies though). To get back to where I started this conversation all those weeks ago, I think it's a bit hypocritical to make out your organisation is the pinnacle of social responsibility and still be making money from pokies. That's all.

But theyre not. They are making money of people like me who want to go to the wantirna club, have a meal and some drinks with friends and then put $20 through the machines for some for some fun before we leave. An overwhelming majority of people do it for a bit of fun and dont have a problem with it and we as Richmond supporters have fun and help the club at the same time
I reckon the WC could be so much better if they introduced a genuine sports bar , sadly they appear to have no interest and would rather give give the floor to a Johnny cash cover than have punters in to watch the footy .
I’m still pissed i wasted my time watching’19 QF there , it had the atmosphere of the state library

There is the amazing tool called google. You should check it out. It allows you to quickly search information so you do not need to guess before forming an opinion. Check my previous post and reference. I will not bore everyone but Australians have the biggest gambling problem in the world.

I just went on Google. According to Google just 95,000 Australians are considered probkem gamblers.

So we have 24, 905,000 non problem gambers in Australia and 95,000 problem gamblers in the whole of Australia.

Truth is that problem gambling is not as huge an issue as the anti gaming lobby make out.

I just went on Google. According to Google just 95,000 Australians are considered probkem gamblers.

So we have 24, 905,000 non problem gambers in Australia and 95,000 problem gamblers in the whole of Australia.

Truth is that problem gambling is not as huge an issue as the anti gaming lobby make out.

Just to add according to a google search just 36,123 Victorians are problem gamblers.

So people in here who are sending the club letters are trying to get our club to miss out on millions of dollars of long term revenue because 36,000 people in the whole if Victoria are considered problem gamblers.

Truth is its a minuscule number but the anti gambling lobby who get millions of dollars in grants and who pay themselves big salaries to peddle nonsense are in for their own agendas.

Richmond shouldnt cow tow to these people. Gaming isnt a big problem. The numbers prove that to be the case.

Just to add according to a google search just 36,123 Victorians are problem gamblers.

So people in here who are sending the club letters are trying to get our club to miss out on millions of dollars of long term revenue because 36,000 people in the whole if Victoria are considered problem gamblers.

Truth is its a minuscule number but the anti gambling lobby who get millions of dollars in grants and who pay themselves big salaries to peddle nonsense are in for their own agendas.

Richmond shouldnt cow tow to these people. Gaming isnt a big problem. The numbers prove that to be the case.
That's 36,123 families adversely affected and sometimes ruined. You're OK with that fine. Others aren't. I used to like chucking a few dollars down the pokies with friends. I, and most of my friends, never had any gambling problems. One bloke did (lost his home due to pokies). I'm happy to go without having a bit of harmless (for me) fun on the pokies as I have lots of ways I can have fun (many of which are Tiger related). Hopefully we, and venues and governments in general, transition away from an income source that ruins lives and families.
PS together with the main people I used to play pokies with, I joined a snooker comp. Just as much fun and drinks and noone lost big money. Win all round.

That's 36,123 families adversely affected and sometimes ruined. You're OK with that fine. Others aren't. I used to like chucking a few dollars down the pokies with friends. I, and most of my friends, never had any gambling problems. One bloke did (lost his home due to pokies). I'm happy to go without having a bit of harmless (for me) fun on the pokies as I have lots of ways I can have fun (many of which are Tiger related). Hopefully we, and venues and governments in general, transition away from an income source that ruins lives and families.
PS together with the main people I used to play pokies with, I joined a snooker comp. Just as much fun and drinks and noone lost big money. Win all round.
Where does it begin and end though , I’m indifferent about it , while it’s legal it needn’t be the last business we be associated with as its legalised entertainment, if we wanted to be the moral arbiter of the AFL then we d ban selling alcohol at our games and functions too NO as that destroys many a family ,,,I’m comfortable with a balanced approach

And that's not taking into account the adverse flow on affects...crime to fund the addiction...social services required to deal with the addiction ...policing...taxes increased to deal with the social problems/addiction..

Where does it begin and end though , I’m indifferent about it , while it’s legal it needn’t be the last business we be associated with as its legalised entertainment, if we wanted to be the moral arbiter of the AFL then we d ban selling alcohol at our games and functions too NO as that destroys many a family ,,,I’m comfortable with a balanced approach
I'm comfortable with the banning of smoking inside the Football grounds...
I'd like to see alcohol banned... too many drunken yobbos spoil it for families and kids...
I'm comfortable with dobbing in swearing, aggressive behaviour and racist comments and seeing transgressors being given the flick out of the grounds..
But that's just me! ;) :D

I'm comfortable with the banning of smoking inside the Football grounds...
I'd like to see alcohol banned... too many drunken yobbos spoil it for families and kids...
I'm comfortable with dobbing in swearing, aggressive behaviour and racist comments and seeing transgressors being given the flick out of the grounds..
But that's just me! ;) :D
That’s hardly balanced though is it , because a minority can’t handle liquor we ban it ,,hmm sounds lot like banning gambling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s hardly balanced though is it , because a minority can’t handle liquor we ban it ,,hmm sounds lot like banning gambling
Get it right...it's not alcohol that's a problem it's the yobbos that over do it...and besides families have a right/say about alcohol consumption at the footy not just the irresponsible I want my alcohol set...
Who gives a fcek about balanced?!?

Get it right...it's not alcohol that's a problem it's the yobbos that over do it...and besides families have a right/say about alcohol consumption at the footy not just the irresponsible I want my alcohol set...
Who gives a fcek about balanced?!?
I don’t even drink at the footy other than espresso coffee , however I wouldn’t insist on bans , isnt their DRY areas for families ?

kowtow

Cow tow would would probably involve animal cruelty.

Just wait...

The 'solution' will come from the improving technology behind cctv surveillance.

You get identified as a problem gambler at a local pub? You don't get served at the footy. (because the databases link up through the police...)

It'll start with cases like problem gamblers being identified 'for their own good', or ensuring pedos don't go into child care centers and the like (stuff that on the face of it are good ideas) and then get expanded.

The potential for how this will go is...Very scary.

Just wait...

The 'solution' will come from the improving technology behind cctv surveillance.

You get identified as a problem gambler at a local pub? You don't get served at the footy. (because the databases link up through the police...)

It'll start with cases like problem gamblers being identified 'for their own good', or ensuring pedos don't go into child care centers and the like (stuff that on the face of it are good ideas) and then get expanded.

The potential for how this will go is...Very scary.
Oh yeah canna wait till there is a open shooting season on problem gamblers...get your licences...

So we continue to pay all the costs associated?

After all, the government will still want their revenue from them...

It depends upon the council

some councils are actively trying to reduce the number of machines in their borders. Kingston, for example, wanted the Saints to give up 10-20 of their machines with their proposal to relocate to a new address near Moorabbin (which saw the Saints abandon that plan in preference for Seaford). Their regs basically required forced forfeiture of a %age of machines for any venue that changed the conditions of their licence (ie address relocation).

TBH no idea what Knox policy attitude is

It depends upon the council

some councils are actively trying to reduce the number of machines in their borders. Kingston, for example, wanted the Saints to give up 10-20 of their machines with their proposal to relocate to a new address near Moorabbin (which saw the Saints abandon that plan in preference for Seaford). Their regs basically required forced forfeiture of a %age of machines for any venue that changed the conditions of their licence (ie address relocation).

TBH no idea what Knox policy attitude is

Council are small fry.

State government & the companies that actually own the machines (tatts, etc....we only license/lease them) are the ones who are really going to have their hands out.

Council are small fry.

State government & the companies that actually own the machines (tatts, etc....we only license/lease them) are the ones who are really going to have their hands out.

you need a council permit for every single machine you have - no permit, they stay in storage.

councils dont get revenue from them, so its purely about rates and local impact for them

Knox Council has final say over how many machinese are allowed at WC, and what the conditions will be for the new owner (in terms of number of machines they can potentially host)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back