Who do you think will be the best player from our 2020 haul and why,?

Who is the most exciting 2020 draft selection?

• Riley Thilthorpe

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • Luke Pedlar

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Brayden Cook

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Sam Berry

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • James Rowe

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Tariek Newchurch

• James Borlase

• Total voters

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
For me its Brayden Cook.

Last year he was 7cms shorter and playing for Happy Valley.
His rise in both height and his performances jumping from local club footy to SANFL U18s, was impressive.
I think he could top out at around 192cms and when he puts some bulk on this kid is going to run rings around people.
Has the most talent out of all our draftees.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Tilthorpe.

First time in a long time I have been really happy with a first round draftee.

I see a Max King type of player.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Pedlar for me, think he'll be our Mark Ricciuto of the 2020's, an absolute bull midfielder that will impose himself on every contest physically and importantly hit the scoreboard on a regular basis.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cook. Something about him. Has x-factor. Next Fyfe.
Reminds me Robbie Gray a bit as well.

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
None have played but this should be our best crop for a number of years if the reviews are correct.

As for the best, Thilthorpe. I just think with his physical attributes and skill, when combined with building strength and experience, he’s going to be extremely hard to match up on.

Having said that I reckon we are going to love watching Pedlar play for years to come.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Reminds me Robbie Gray a bit as well.
Jaidyn Stephenson?

Jul 26, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Torrens... I mean WWT
I think that we have drafted some exciting players, but feel that Pedlar will provide the most excitement. Thilthorpe will probably be our best player from the draft though, but not as exciting from my point of view. If Newchurch got regular games and played well, then he would be up there...but I don't see that happening, at least not in the short term.

ps... was writing answer from poll rather than heading

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
It'll be Thilthorpe. I'm confident we can allow him to reach his ceiling, which is IMO X-Factor forward levels that our club hasn't seen in years

Although I do think all of Berry/Pedlar/Cook will be impact players, as well. Berry as the gritty, heart-on-sleeve inside mid; Pedlar as the tough nut midfielder that can go forward; Cook as the elusive X-Factor off a wing and forward flank. Hell, even Rowe has an opportunity to shine now

Mitch Hinge.

Dude can kick 50 m without looking like he is putting in any effort whatsoever. He might be a 100 m player without needing to run!

In all seriousness, if Thilthorpe clicks, him. If he doesn't, Cook. Thilthorpe probably has the talent to be an equal to the King brothers if a couple of flaws get ironed out, he produces and stays healthy. After all, the sky is the limit for someone who is as genetically blessed as Riley. Cook is my safer choice. Looks like he could be a hell of a pick if it works out.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Thilthorpe because he probably needs to be. He's got all the physical attributes, he's got the contested game and ridiculously good ground level skills to boot.

Cook is the one who intrigues me most, and Rowe gets the first chance to impress IMO.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
I don't know much about them outside Thilthorpe tbh. Especially Pedlar. My WTF probably mirrored Emma Quayle's WTF.

What i do like though, is that apparently we've drafted for mongrel after pick 2. We need that and I look forward to seeing it with a longing that is hard to describe.

Back