Dogs land a beauty in Ugle-Hagan - but can they keep him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaron Naughton feels forgotten already. Led the league in contested marks two years ago.... will be back this year.

Will be better in the back half when his career settles IMO.

Do indigenous players really not go to a club if there is no other indigenous players?

I feel it’s the elephant in the room type question.. everyone wants to ask it but they are too scared about getting shot down.. I feel they do enjoy being around other indigenous players. But JUH seems a different kettle of fish.

I feel it’s the elephant in the room type question.. everyone wants to ask it but they are too scared about getting shot down.. I feel they do enjoy being around other indigenous players. But JUH seems a different kettle of fish.

Hes from the Framlingham mission. He would 100% be more comfortable with more blackfellas on the list. Its where hes been during lockdown.

Having said that, hes not going to up and leave in two years.

More than a goal a game would be a good start. As I said, I think he will be better as a defender, doesn't mean I am bagging him.
His goal numbers are right on par with Hawkins after 3 seasons, and his first season was played in the backline too.

I can see him having a big 2021 up forward, he's had injury setbacks the last couple of preseasons.

Hopefully JUH is a nice decoy for Naught, opposition backlines should be nervous.

His goal numbers are right on par with Hawkins after 3 seasons, and his first season was played in the backline too.

I can see him having a big 2021 up forward, he's had injury setbacks the last couple of preseasons.

Hopefully JUH is a nice decoy for Naught, opposition backlines should be nervous.

As I said I am not bagging Naughton but you won't have that :rolleyes:

Hawkins is a terrible comparison, different era of football, Hawkins was considered a major disappointment until the GF in 2011, he was being played a relief ruck in a very dominant team that had established key forwards. And they are completely different styles of player.

As I said I am not bagging Naughton but you won't have that :rolleyes:

Hawkins is a terrible comparison, different era of football, Hawkins was considered a major disappointment until the GF in 2011, he was being played a relief ruck in a very dominant team that had established key forwards. And they are completely different styles of player.
Who said you were bagging him?

Different players, yes, but Hawkins took time to develop, as has just about every decent KPF going around, other than Buddy.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul sending Naughton back, a contested mark like his is wasted at the other end of the ground.

Seems like a PR stunt that JUH was staying with a bloke best known for lobbying to get an Aboriginal player suspended.
Says a lot about a North supporter that they think this is what Bont is best known for :tearsofjoy:

The race link is an interesting bridge to draw too, but not surprising if you've been listening to the bloke who started this thread. Obviously missed the work Bontempelli did over the off-season up in the Northern Territory, but nah the Thomas discussion was clearly racially motivated.

Seems like a PR stunt that JUH was staying with a bloke best known for lobbying to get an Aboriginal player suspended.

A young 19 year old footballer in his second season who gave a clumsy 19 year old answer to a question without notice on a live Sunday Footy show.

Your user name is befitting.

Says a lot about a North supporter that they think this is what Bont is best known for :tearsofjoy:

The race link is an interesting bridge to draw too, but not surprising if you've been listening to the bloke who started this thread. Obviously missed the work Bontempelli did over the off-season up in the Northern Territory, but nah the Thomas discussion was clearly racially motivated.
It's the topic of this thread. I hope that WB are serious about fixing their cultural issues, like Richmond did, and aren't just taking the McGuire path and trying to counter their history with PR. Time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the topic of this thread. I hope that WB are serious about fixing their cultural issues, like Richmond did, and aren't just taking the McGuire path and trying to counter their history with PR. Time will tell.

I'd hope we stick with drafting the best available policy rather than 'trying to fix cultural issues'

I'd hope we stick with drafting the best available policy rather than 'trying to fix cultural issues'
You should be able to do both. I'm sure North or Hawthorn would be happy to help you guys with any advice. Or alternatively, take JUH off your hands if things don't work out.

You should be able to do both. I'm sure North or Hawthorn would be happy to help you guys with any advice. Or alternatively, take JUH off your hands if things don't work out.
It’s obvious your comments are made just to get a bit of attention. But did have a bit of a chuckle when you think anyone would come to your footy club about building a good indigenous culture when the only good indigenous player on your list was gifted to you via the NGA.

It’s obvious your comments are made just to get a bit of attention. But did have a bit of a chuckle when you think anyone would come to your footy club about building a good indigenous culture when the only good indigenous player on your list was gifted to you via the NGA.
Jy and Jed do not like you.

Do indigenous players really not go to a club if there is no other indigenous players?
Jack Martin chose Carlton primarily because Eddie Betts was going back there. Wingard & Impey avoided the dogs too even though Trengove was already there.
It's certainly a consideration given in interviews in recent trade moves.

Who's to say that JUH won't attract indigenous players from other clubs?

People forget too often what a two prong tall attack can do. Having one stand out tall KPF isnt enough with all the zoning and double teaming these days.

Who did Bont try and get suspsended

I'm assuming this is what he's referring to. Bont defending his teammate after an intentional dog act by that campaigner, Thomas. Couldn't beat him during the game so Thomas tried to remove his head out of frustration. Not sure Bont is the bad guy here but we're talking about LOL Norf logic I guess.

I'm assuming this is what he's referring to. Bont defending his teammate after an intentional dog act by that campaigner, Thomas. Couldn't beat him during the game so Thomas tried to remove his head out of frustration. Not sure Bont is the bad guy here but we're talking about LOL Norf logic I guess.
That's the one. North actually won that game, despite the predictably lobsided free kick count.
Believe it or not, the free to Hunter wasn't even reversed when LT was maliciously attacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back