Taj Schofield

Remove this Banner Ad

Was wondering if there was a bit of an agreement struck between Port and Adelaide to not bid on each others NGA's?. A pick swap was also done so it would not surprise me if it had been as I was absolutely expecting you guys to put in a late one on James Borlase given his who his dad is

There has been no rumblings at all about the club having any interest in Borlase. If there was, I imagine we would have contested the rule. I don't think we would have even mentioned him if he wasn't the son of a prominent former player.

I don't reckon there would have been any deals about bids, we were well stocked for any bids.

Dunno about the Crows on the Taj side. They weren't really equipped with late picks for bid points.

There has been no rumblings at all about the club having any interest in Borlase. If there was, I imagine we would have contested the rule. I don't think we would have even mentioned him if he wasn't the son of a prominent former player.

I don't reckon there would have been any deals about bids, we were well stocked for any bids.

Dunno about the Crows on the Taj side. They weren't really equipped with late picks for bid points.
Fair enough. I was thinking more along the lines of an early bid on Jones. Ogilvie has said the club made the call to bid on JUH at pick 1 to wipe them out of the draft as they had interest in James Rowe - so it was strategic. We knew port had the points and Jones was absolutely rated by the crows (and everyone else too). Kid is going to be a super player

Fair enough. I was thinking more along the lines of an early bid on Jones. Ogilvie has said the club made the call to bid on JUH at pick 1 to wipe them out of the draft as they had interest in James Rowe - so it was strategic. We knew port had the points and Jones was absolutely rated by the crows (and everyone else too). Kid is going to be a super player
Coincidence, I reckon. I just cant see the clubs working together on this ... it goes against the natural order of things! :)

From 2017 this photo is guys.

Taj is 3rd from right in the middle row.

View attachment 1026032

Taj was one of 11 players in this photo to be drafted.
Ever since someone pointed it out it’s bugged me that SA has moved from the royal blue of the SoO days to a navy blue. Not even trying to mask the Crows bias anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever since someone pointed it out it’s bugged me that SA has moved from the royal blue of the SoO days to a navy blue. Not even trying to mask the Crows bias anymore.
to be fair, it has been navy in the past (well before the Crows) - see http://footyjumpers.com/SA-Uni.htm (a website you may be interested in;))

Not really an inspiring interview.

Not sure what you mean REH. I thought the lad spoke well, but many of the questions were crap, and Taj seemed tired of them. The question about him being coached by his dad had already been asked in four different ways, and Hayes still comes out with "who is going to find it tougher, you or your dad?" 🤮

You could just hear the tiredness in his voice, screaming "not again" as he struggled to reply with graciousness ... "it shouldnt be a problem." Unsaid was, "but I have already answered that a dozen times you turd!"

Not sure what you mean REH. I thought the lad spoke well, but many of the questions were crap, and Taj seemed tired of them. The question about him being coached by his dad had already been asked in four different ways, and Hayes still comes out with "who is going to find it tougher, you or your dad?" 🤮

You could just hear the tiredness in his voice, screaming "not again" as he struggled to reply with graciousness ... "it shouldnt be a problem." Unsaid was, "but I have already answered that a dozen times you turd!"
The bald bit lead to a rather dull interview. Not Taj's fault. Maybe a non Port supporter got something out of it.

to be fair, it has been navy in the past (well before the Crows) - see http://footyjumpers.com/SA-Uni.htm (a website you may be interested in;))
I suppose it makes sense back then to change over to royal given jumpers were stitched together so sourcing whatever colour material they can get their hands on. However nowadays where the colours are printed on using codes on computers I feel it was a deliberate choice to mirror the Crows just a little bit more.

Not sure if it was the angle, the lad looks rather small compared to most of the lads on the track.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's because he is. 178cm or there abouts. Anything under 180 for a midfielder is usually considered small. For comparison, Neale is 177cm and Daniel is 168cm.

It's because he is. 178cm or there abouts. Anything under 180 for a midfielder is usually considered small. For comparison, Neale is 177cm and Daniel is 168cm.

Cheers, Dr. Feel. Taj needs to put some meat on, no doubt he will once he has been around for a bit.

I think people often overplay the theory that a taller midfielder tends to be better off than a shorter midfielder. The current Brownlow medallist is 177cm and the best young midfielder in the league (Matt Rowell) is 178cm. The truth of the matter is that your height doesn't really make much of a difference if you're an exceptional midfield talent. I remember every club in the AFL passed on Dayne Zorko (175cm) in four consecutive draft years because he was supposedly 'too short for the AFL' before the Lions finally gave him a chance. He goes on to become an All-Australian, win four club B&Fs, captain the team and have an impressive 175+ game AFL career.

Taj's 177cm frame won't hold him back if he develops into the player we'd all love to see him become.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back