news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kevin Holland is like Izzy without being paranoid about what everyone says about him. Much better version
Izzy has some Jon Jones vibes in that he's super paranoid about his public perception but claims not to be. It eats at them when they aren't popular...

Only just saw Rob v Costa for March. Fantastic fight, for the (interim?) belt if Izzy beats Jan I assume

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I posted that Jake Paul call out of McGregor in the wrong thread (deleted). I won't post it again, but geez she was quite insulting. Jake Paul's insta.
I won't dignify the attention wh*re with chasing it up to watch - that's all these people want anyway.

No interest whatso-ever tbh.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've been over Rogan's commentary for around a year or so now, he's flippant with details, often wayyy inaccurate and just generally not what he was when I enjoyed his commentary.

Gimme, Anik, Felder, DC, Cruz &/or Bisping anyday.
Joe- Oh he's just putting the bone back into place on his broken arm!
Moreno- Yeah nah I kinda just hurt my shoulder a little bit.

They need to get rid of him asap, or just do all PPV from fight island

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Just posing the question Top . Can’t see them fighting anyway. .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The thing stopping them fighting is it legally shouldn't be sanctioned because McGregor would beat 7 shades of s**t out of Paul. Had to explain to someone the other day who said McGregor wasn't a good boxer, McGregor is a very good boxer, no doubt if he became a boxer he'd be one of the better boxers in the world, problem was he fought arguably the greatest. But as much as I don't like McGregor he would ******* kill Paul.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
The thing stopping them fighting is it legally shouldn't be sanctioned because McGregor would beat 7 shades of sh*t out of Paul. Had to explain to someone the other day who said McGregor wasn't a good boxer, McGregor is a very good boxer, no doubt if he became a boxer he'd be one of the better boxers in the world, problem was he fought arguably the greatest. But as much as I don't like McGregor he would ******* kill Paul.
Had he spent 18 months just boxing instead of fighting Mayweather he would be one of the top guys at 154-160

Horn, Munguia, Hogan, Zerafa, Eggington are guys who've crept into the top 15 at those weight classes and aren't that good. Provided Conor got 12 rounds of cardio and sure up his technique a bit more in that time he beats them. He had skills, legitimate boxing skills not just MMA converts to boxing skills. Just needed to hone it more

Does he beat the absolute best? Very unlikely but he would have top 10 wins had he dedicated himself to it

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Could he beat Connor . Taken to the mat would test him. Don’t mind Rogan he’s ok ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was this your reply on the Hunt vs Gallen weigh in video yesterday?

1608083915306.png

Dillon Danis meets Jake Paul

I know the Pauls ain't bright but does he not sense the irony in calling someone a bitch then driving off when they're coming at you?

I thought Mayweather/Mac wouldn't happen but it did. Too much cash on the table, wouldn't be surprised if it happened. As sad for boxing as it is.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know the Pauls ain't bright but does he not sense the irony in calling someone a b*tch then driving off when they're coming at you?

I thought Mayweather/Mac wouldn't happen but it did. Too much cash on the table, wouldn't be surprised if it happened. As sad for boxing as it is.
I think it's building nicely.
I don't think it's sad for boxing. Creating lots of interest.

Back