Not open for further replies.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Troisi will give you 30 minutes of A grade football a year, the rest will be him doing not much other than looking in the football classifieds.

I have no idea who advises guys like Troisi, Nabbout, Barboureses etc etc. Actually I do, managers who are happy to continually move their player around for an increase of a couple of percent in salary a year.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Troisi will give you 30 minutes of A grade football a year, the rest will be him doing not much other than looking in the football classifieds.

I have no idea who advises guys like Troisi, Nabbout, Barboureses etc etc. Actually I do, managers who are happy to continually move their player around for an increase of a couple of percent in salary a year.

You could argue strongly that Troisi has been the worst advised player in the history of Australian football. Couldn't get out of Newcastle as a U23, stuck in Turkey of his own making, delusions of grandeur leading him to sign with Juventus who immediately sold half of him to Atalanta (where he barely played)... before washing through Belgium and into China then Australia... all that before the Maccabi Haifa debacle and his refusal to ever really commit to the Victory despite it being the closest thing he ever had to a home.

Maybe we know more about Turkish football now after the Popovic experience, but no one with half a brain is going there because it's just too volatile. And then thinking he was going to make it at Juventus, despite them not paying a cent for him in transfer fees, was even dumber.

It's been a bit of a waste of a career, cos he had the potential to be just below Australian football's God tier of Kewell, Viduka etc

I often wonder about footballers like Troisi post retirement. I think if I were any sort of a team sport athlete, regardless of any success, it would be important for me to have a "home" - to have a team to go back to, to go to the reunions for, to be presented to the crowd once a year.

I know football is different, and players probably aren't so worried about that. But all Troisi had to do was show that he cared for the Victory - he never did. We always felt he'd leave as soon as he got a better offer (see also: Reds fans), despite him not developing into anything like the player he could've been, should've been, and that I think he thinks he is.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
You could argue strongly that Troisi has been the worst advised player in the history of Australian football. Couldn't get out of Newcastle as a U23, stuck in Turkey of his own making, delusions of grandeur leading him to sign with Juventus who immediately sold half of him to Atalanta (where he barely played)... before washing through Belgium and into China then Australia... all that before the Maccabi Haifa debacle and his refusal to ever really commit to the Victory despite it being the closest thing he ever had to a home.

Maybe we know more about Turkish football now after the Popovic experience, but no one with half a brain is going there because it's just too volatile. And then thinking he was going to make it at Juventus, despite them not paying a cent for him in transfer fees, was even dumber.

It's been a bit of a waste of a career, cos he had the potential to be just below Australian football's God tier of Kewell, Viduka etc

I often wonder about footballers like Troisi post retirement. I think if I were any sort of a team sport athlete, regardless of any success, it would be important for me to have a "home" - to have a team to go back to, to go to the reunions for, to be presented to the crowd once a year.

I know football is different, and players probably aren't so worried about that. But all Troisi had to do was show that he cared for the Victory - he never did. We always felt he'd leave as soon as he got a better offer (see also: Reds fans), despite him not developing into anything like the player he could've been, should've been, and that I think he thinks he is.
Sensational summary.

17 year old aleague players with a bit of talent should read this. Its better you do an Aaron Mooy and stay one more year here than * off first chance and rot the bench for years only to return 5 years later with no first team games to show for it.

I know Mooy left for Europe and came back but you get the point...

Mcgree left after 5 good games the first time. Mauk another good example for us. Ego or delusion early on is stopping them from developing any real chance at a good career. Agents here clueless or just dont care and want the money?

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Daniel Arzani is another. Would have been far better off playing in the second division of some lesser European league than heading to the SPL were, lets be honest, he was going to be cut in half on the regular.

Actually, he should have done another year in the A League. Christian Theoharous, Sebastian Pasquali are another two Victory players that spring to mind.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Daniel Arzani is another. Would have been far better off playing in the second division of some lesser European league than heading to the SPL were, lets be honest, he was going to be cut in half on the regular.

Actually, he should have done another year in the A League. Christian Theoharous, Sebastian Pasquali are another two Victory players that spring to mind.
Thats man city for you. Most think he should have gone to Denmark or somewhere rather than Scotland (or maybe a non old firm). But he did injure his leg which wouldn't of helped.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

Actually, he should have done another year in the A-League. Christian Theoharous, Sebastian Pasquali are another two Victory players that spring to mind.
Arzani a ripper example. Went from youth league to SPL in 12 months, unlikely to work.

Another year here, cementing first-team spot, 30 more games and some Socceroo camps would have done wonders.

Rogic hasn't improved in his time in Scotland either

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
This club is just on massive troll!

have also added a game in Geelong, hoping for the other 2 to be in Tasmania. Not sure what happened with probuild as major partner (Thought it was a multi year deal, and they are apparently building the stadium).

In other news the Referees will be sponsored by Gallagher (same as the Australian Rugby League Side), with Legea as supplier. According mumbrella, who wrote an article about the FFA becoming Football Australia, the Aleague is officially independent.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Not looking good, remember if it effects SydneyFC the sh*t hits the fan! is the A-League season is in doubt to open next week?

I doubt it, the cluster is very limited thankfully. I think if any alterations do happen it will be related to capacity. The transport in and out of the state would be interesting to see, so might see the fixture altered (or have acceptable waivers in place)

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Just confirming, Wollongong is just south of this "Greater Sydney", isn't it?

EDIT: Nevermind, SA closed itself to Wollongong as well... *sigh*
Strictly speaking, I personally wouldn't have classified it as "greater Sydney". But it has been classified as such (as you noted)

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well this is good news for the season to begin as scheduled!

Heads up to NSW amazing job on the Tracing program!

Have to question the intelligence of people getting tested after the TV tells you to. They obviously don't feel sick, or they'd have seen a GP already...

Hopefully, there aren't many 'cases'. Seems we've given up on hospital capacity as the metric and 'cases' are now what drives shutting society. Pathetic but if the arbitrary number of cases stays low the season can push on

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Have to question the intelligence of people getting tested after the TV tells you to. They obviously don't feel sick, or they'd have seen a GP already...

Hopefully, there aren't many 'cases'. Seems we've given up on hospital capacity as the metric and 'cases' are now what drives shutting society. Pathetic but if the arbitrary number of cases stays low the season can push on

As mentioned in other threads life can't continue like this! stopping our every day lives every time we see a few positive cases and the media need to be held accountable for all the fearmongering! There has to be a point in this whole saga where we stand up and say enough is enough! We need to recognize its not going away and need to live with this thing just like we do the common flu. But I have doubts it will come from our governments they enjoy the power trips to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back